Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Until the Wooloo/Corvipage thing is addressed I'm on team bullshit.

Also the fact that they can't give the names of the middle starter evolutions but they can remember the names of some specific mons but not others is mad suspicious. In general it's a lot of information to just conveniently remember about both versions of the game while also being incapable of taking pictures.

They said they had notes so it’s possible they wrote down what they considered was important.

But yeah I’m very skeptical for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Right now i'm thinking plausible but easily faked. Like a BS list of info, but presented via AMA so it doesn't look BS. Maybe a sprinkle of truth in the early pokemon's names, like they are/know/work with someone who got to play the game and were told about those early pokemon that are under NDA in the preview coverage.

Guess we'll find out whenever someone shows the

Dragon gym in BW2 is perfect. The dragon statue stuff is so much cooler now that it's you 'controlling' a huge dragon to fight another huge dragon, you can do 3/5 fights if you want, but all five are cool. Starts with a guy with 1 dragon, then you can fight trainers with 2 dragons, each focusing on attack or defense, finally the last two battles are rotation or triple. God, i'm so happy with how much rotation and triple battle is present in the game. Had a blast fighting all of them, and then Drayden. This is the best. Gave my Lucario Dragon Pulse for this, but it couldn't knock out all pokemon on the way, fainted during the rotation battle even, and with Drayden i had to fight smart due to Flygon wrecking Lucario and Altaria knowing Fire Blast. Still a win, but man, that was fun and exciting.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 18, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

thank you mr rumsfeld

Especially funny thing to quote since it turned out that yeah, there were no wmds the whole time

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Going to the Pokemon Centre in London tomorrow.

Man, I think I'm more into Pokemon than I thought. I remember making fun of the Detective Pikachu trailer and it's hideous creatures for months leading up to the movie, and then a couple weeks before it came out... I was excited, for some reason? A reason I literally coudln't identify! The same has happened with Sword and Shield. I've been so on the fence and now I'm eagerly awaiting them.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is Gen 4 the only Gen where the starter triangle was disrupted by the typing of their final evolutions? (Empoleon no longer being weak to grass due to steel typing)

If it weren't for that I'd say the leak is fake due to Grookey's apparent Grass/Rock typing

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Theres so many steel types now. I now that steels the strongest type now that they nerfed dragon but come on.

Scholtz posted:

Is Gen 4 the only Gen where the starter triangle was disrupted by the typing of their final evolutions? (Empoleon no longer being weak to grass due to steel typing)

If it weren't for that I'd say the leak is fake due to Grookey's apparent Grass/Rock typing

Starter triangle's not important once you get to final evos. The whole point of it is to be Nintendo nudging the literal children playing this that they should maybe consider catching pokemon other than their starter and having different types. If you haven't figured that out by level 36 you're never going to.

Of course that didn't stop me from brute-forcing my way through the Elite 4 with a super-leveled Feraligatr and in Hoenn Blaziken and a poo poo-ton of healing items :v: Nothing can truly stop a dumb kid from being dumb.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 18, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I listened to Nintendo Life's impression of the first 90 minutes of the game it's pretty encouraging to hear that it's nowhere near as hand-holdy as the last gen was.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Steel is just stronger rock.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Theres so many steel types now. I now that steels the strongest type now that they nerfed dragon but come on.

Starter triangle's not important once you get to final evos. The whole point of it is to be Nintendo nudging the literal children playing this that they should maybe consider catching pokemon other than their starter and having different types. If you haven't figured that out by level 36 you're never going to.

Of course that didn't stop me from brute-forcing my way through the Elite 4 with a super-leveled Feraligatr and in Hoenn Blaziken and a poo poo-ton of healing items :v: Nothing can truly stop a dumb kid from being dumb.

I still think it's pretty significant that over 7 gens, that's only been disrupted once. The whole game is for kids, not just the beginning.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

If years of watching cartoons have taught me anything, is that Steel should be weak to Lightning.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Everyone knows that Wet Ground and Horn are 4x weak to electric types

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wet Ground and Horn

lewd

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
"[New evil legendary] Is Ground/Poison"

loving finally. Naganadel wasn't enough, we need more.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nihilego says hi

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

less laughter posted:

Nihilego says hi

i wouldn't really consider all ultra beasts as legendaries. some get that inflated story importance that legendaries do but nihilego is just kinda there

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Brother Entropy posted:

i wouldn't really consider all ultra beasts as legendaries. some get that inflated story importance that legendaries do but nihilego is just kinda there

A ton of legendaries are just there though like Heatran or Articuno and Nihilego is literally the most important UB storywise in SuMo?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If Type: Null and Phione gets to be legendaries, so do Ultra Beasts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nihilego has more story importance than Zygarde.

Weep for Zygarde, Pokemon Z aborted before it even got put into production.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

A ton of legendaries are just there though like Heatran or Articuno and Nihilego is literally the most important UB storywise in SuMo?

it's only important in that lusimaine breaks her brain over it, it's not particularly godlike like most legendaries are

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Nihilego has more story importance than Zygarde.

Weep for Zygarde, Pokemon Z aborted before it even got put into production.

Hell, Zygarde got more attention in the anime than it ever did in the games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Brother Entropy posted:

i wouldn't really consider all ultra beasts as legendaries.

That's neither here nor there, they're officially legendaries no matter what you personally consider them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still waiting for a proper Bug type legendary.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

less laughter posted:

That's neither here nor there, they're officially legendaries no matter what you personally consider them.

that's fine, gamefreak makes mistakes sometimes

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RatHat posted:

Still waiting for a proper Bug type legendary.

Buzzwole and Pheromosa. And Genesect for mythical.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

less laughter posted:

Buzzwole and Pheromosa. And Genesect for mythical.

I said a proper legendary.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
You're welcome.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
are there people in ub land

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
yeah you had the sci fi channel guys that were chasing after Necrozma. they imply there are more

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I mean, you go to their universe briefly in USUM after you get ultra ride.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's people(?) in KartanaWorld, and there used to be people in GuzzlordLand but now there's just one guy left.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

less laughter posted:

I thought they were officially NOT Legendaries.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Arcanine is a legendary pokemon with chinese characteristics.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ultra Beasts are mythical in that they will not show up ever again until the Sun/Moon remakes, and will only be talked in hushed tones officially.
For similar reasons, Delcatty and Purugly are now also mythicals.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/JonComms/status/1183502748219858945

:majorminor:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i heard there is a type:null eeveelution in the game

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

I watched the whole thing live. It took the lady about an hour to beat that monster but the fight kept relocating around in the map, so I thought the point of the game is that you're the village's town defense and creatures just pop up occasionally. Of course nobody could figure out how the battle system worked but it was very slow.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Ka0 posted:

I watched the whole thing live. It took the lady about an hour to beat that monster but the fight kept relocating around in the map, so I thought the point of the game is that you're the village's town defense and creatures just pop up occasionally. Of course nobody could figure out how the battle system worked but it was very slow.
so what you're saying is: the real reason pokemon's gameplay hasn't majorly changed in 20 years isn't because of the inevitable fan backlash, it's because when gamefreak attempts to do something different, this happens

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pocket Card Jockey has the best combat system in any GameFreak game.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Kurtofan posted:

are there people in ub land

also asking this... for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Little Town Hero is fun. Don't get what peoples issue with it's card gamish battle system is.