Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Some kind of stealth mission, someone shoots a guy and grabs his collar so his body doesn't drop while there's a tense moment waiting to see if another person heard them. I want to say it's not the shot that might have been heard but someone bumping into something or otherwise loving up. Feels like it's probably going to be staggeringly obvious but I can't think of what it is :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pilchenstein posted:

Some kind of stealth mission, someone shoots a guy and grabs his collar so his body doesn't drop while there's a tense moment waiting to see if another person heard them. I want to say it's not the shot that might have been heard but someone bumping into something or otherwise loving up. Feels like it's probably going to be staggeringly obvious but I can't think of what it is :v:

I feel like this happens in either a James Bond movie or Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I feel like that might've happened in Tomorrow Never Dies when they're sneaking onto the stealth ship.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

codyclarke posted:

For the life of me I can't remember where this is from. Could be a TV show or a film:

A hippie chick is high and smiling and rubbing her hair and talking about a song or something, saying "it really sends me, man! It really SENDS me!" She's saying it in an almost orgasmic way.

I'm getting MST3K vibes from that. Could be totally wrong though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pilchenstein posted:

Happens in Capt America: The Winter Soldier, on the assault on the SHIELD ship. Crossbones stuns a guy, then catches him from falling.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Davros1 posted:

Happens in Capt America: The Winter Soldier, on the assault on the SHIELD ship. Crossbones stuns a guy, then catches him from falling.
That was it, cheers.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
The other one is the intro of Inception. But you've already got your answer : )

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I believe it also happens in Act of Valor. The Navy Seal dudes are creeping through a river to assault some bad guy checkpoint. One of them shoots a dude and the other holds his hands up outside of the water to catch the body.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I don't remember the context I heard about it, but it was a movie released in the last few years where there's a guy trying to figure out if he's losing his mind or if his friends have been replaced by aliens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

nerdman42 posted:

I don't remember the context I heard about it, but it was a movie released in the last few years where there's a guy trying to figure out if he's losing his mind or if his friends have been replaced by aliens.

Well, there’s all sorts of Body Snatchers films. Recently, there’s The Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

nerdman42 posted:

They Look Like People https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4105970/

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Definitely this one, thanks!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
am i crazy or was there a bond movie where he's trapped underneath the boosters of a rocket and has to escape before countdown?

dont tell me to google it cuz gently caress u

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

That happens in Moonraker.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Is there a movie, where there is a grand prize, and the last to survive wins the grand prize. There are challenges along the way. The participants are sitting at a table.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Is there a movie, where there is a grand prize, and the last to survive wins the grand prize. There are challenges along the way. The participants are sitting at a table.

Very vague, could fit a lot of movies.
Like Clue? Or Surviving the Game?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Would You Rather?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1999995/

bohemian raspberry
Jun 26, 2018
I remember the premise of the movie is that it has to do with a group of kids and they enter some world with monsters underneath someones bed. I think they are British, too. I saw it years ago on TV, so I can't remember anything else

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bohemian raspberry posted:

I remember the premise of the movie is that it has to do with a group of kids and they enter some world with monsters underneath someones bed. I think they are British, too. I saw it years ago on TV, so I can't remember anything else

Sounds like a misremembered Little Monsters. Maybe mixing it with Nightbreed?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

This was it; thank you!

bohemian raspberry
Jun 26, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

Sounds like a misremembered Little Monsters. Maybe mixing it with Nightbreed?

It wasn't Nightbreed, I saw that a few years ago. It might be Little Monsters, but my memory of it is too old. Thanks the help!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The bad guy in Little Monsters has a very proper way of speaking. It's not British but it might have struck as similar and you remember it that way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

bohemian raspberry posted:

Only two kids, but Paperhouse checks a few of those boxes (British kids entering a fantasy sleep realm and overcoming a malicious presence)

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
This is a shot in the dark but here I go:
An old Japanese black and white movie but probably post-war. Two youngish (25-35?) lovers are talking in a restaurant (?) wearing western clothes and the woman says something along the lines of "Maybe we have been too naive". The mood is melancholic.
Seen years ago on German television, it's not unlikely that it's a classic movie in some way.

Lacerda
Apr 20, 2004

true.spoon posted:

An old Japanese black and white movie but probably post-war. Two youngish (25-35?) lovers are talking in a restaurant (?) wearing western clothes and the woman says something along the lines of "Maybe we have been too naive". The mood is melancholic.
Seen years ago on German television, it's not unlikely that it's a classic movie in some way.

Possibly Hiroshima mon amour? It has a scene that sounds like that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_mon_amour#Film_references

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012

Lacerda posted:

Possibly Hiroshima mon amour? It has a scene that sounds like that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_mon_amour#Film_references
No that wasn't it, but thanks nevertheless!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

true.spoon posted:

Reminds me a bit of One Wonderful Sunday.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

A fairly recent one; I'm sure I saw a trailer for it in the last couple of years. British, set at a boarding school with Something Going On in the woods. Maybe zombies, or aliens or ghosts.

I thought it had Mark Gatiss in it when I remembered it, but I can't find anything resembling that in his recent filmography. But that shows the kind of vibe I'm thinking of.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Runcible Cat posted:

A fairly recent one; I'm sure I saw a trailer for it in the last couple of years. British, set at a boarding school with Something Going On in the woods. Maybe zombies, or aliens or ghosts.

I thought it had Mark Gatiss in it when I remembered it, but I can't find anything resembling that in his recent filmography. But that shows the kind of vibe I'm thinking of.

Slaughterhouse Rulez? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905696/

Similar tone to something you'd expect to see Gatiss in but you get Pegg, Frost, Sheen etc instead.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

true.spoon posted:

Could be Pale Flower

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I've got a "horror" movie I've been trying to remember the name of all October:

I remember is that it starts out with some morons exploring an ancient crypt in a graveyard(possibly connected to some ghost/poltergeist activity at a nearby old mansion?) and, at the bottom, finding someone who's been bricked up but is somehow still alive centuries later. She is of course a hot girl which means they decide to free her despite how shady the situation looks. This triggers them getting hunted by a demon thing that wants to possess the girl for reasons I don't recall. What I do recall is the final show-down which is in, I believe, a library. The demon's got the heroes knocked down, and is about to possess the girl, but one of the heroes throws a loving chair in the way of the POSSESSION LIGHTNING and the demon ends up possessing the chair instead, so they break it into kindling and throw it in a fireplace. This somehow breaks the girl's non-aging enchantment and she rapidly ages to death. It was a rented-from-Blockbuster VHS back in the late 90's.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Deadgirl?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Much older than that and it definitely didn't have any skeevy zombie rape action going on that I recall. I feel like that would have been burned into my brain. The girl they find in the crypt is kept alive by some weird soul pact with the demon, not by being a zombie.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PurpleXVI posted:

I've got a "horror" movie I've been trying to remember the name of all October:

I remember is that it starts out with some morons exploring an ancient crypt in a graveyard(possibly connected to some ghost/poltergeist activity at a nearby old mansion?) and, at the bottom, finding someone who's been bricked up but is somehow still alive centuries later. She is of course a hot girl which means they decide to free her despite how shady the situation looks. This triggers them getting hunted by a demon thing that wants to possess the girl for reasons I don't recall. What I do recall is the final show-down which is in, I believe, a library. The demon's got the heroes knocked down, and is about to possess the girl, but one of the heroes throws a loving chair in the way of the POSSESSION LIGHTNING and the demon ends up possessing the chair instead, so they break it into kindling and throw it in a fireplace. This somehow breaks the girl's non-aging enchantment and she rapidly ages to death. It was a rented-from-Blockbuster VHS back in the late 90's.

This was driving me loving insane so I made it my mission to find it. It’s The Unnamable II from 1993. John Rhys-Davies and David Warner are in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIbfDtx2MY

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
New guy and veteran guy are in a morgue. New guy is told to roll a burned corpse over so the back can be examined. The coroner says "Don't worry, he's not gonna try to sell you insurance."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gravy Jones posted:

Slaughterhouse Rulez? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905696/

Similar tone to something you'd expect to see Gatiss in but you get Pegg, Frost, Sheen etc instead.

Ah, that would make sense! Thanks, that must be it.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

SimonCat posted:

New guy and veteran guy are in a morgue. New guy is told to roll a burned corpse over so the back can be examined. The coroner says "Don't worry, he's not gonna try to sell you insurance."

Backdraft.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Someone is caught by a hitman and there's a cut to them lying in a pool of blood under a bridge. The hitman photographs the body, then it's revealed that they're not dead and the hitman agreed to help them fake their own death.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This was driving me loving insane so I made it my mission to find it. It’s The Unnamable II from 1993. John Rhys-Davies and David Warner are in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIbfDtx2MY

YES. THANK YOU!

Finally my mind can know peace.

Until the next stupid movie I can't find, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Pilchenstein posted:

Someone is caught by a hitman and there's a cut to them lying in a pool of blood under a bridge. The hitman photographs the body, then it's revealed that they're not dead and the hitman agreed to help them fake their own death.

There's a scene like this in White Men Can't Jump. Woody Harrelson's character owes money to a pair of Mafia types and at least once in the movie they show him a photo of "What happens if you don't pay." He gets the money to pay them off, but it's too late so the next scene is him laying down, with a face full of blood. There's a camera flash, then he gets up and gives the guy the money and they all part ways.