Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Move them to Chicago in the hopes that this time their neurosis won't poison a relationship that hasn't even fully formed yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Hey guys, does anyone know what to do with these tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

HELL loving NO!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I may seem a bit confused, but I've got you pegged

:chloe:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Inspector Hound posted:

I had forgotten about the straight up "check out these big hosed up noses" episode, complete with gigantic prosthetic noses

Is this an actual episode or a joke because I don't remember it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s real. The kid who got Roz pregnant tells her his parents want to meet her and when she does she quietly freaks out about their gigantic noses. Frasier calms her by pointing out their son doesn’t share the same genetics and his nose is fine, but right before it ends they find out he got hit in the face and had plastic surgery when he was young.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Hey guys, does anyone know what to do with these tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

le cigare volant!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ruddiger posted:

It’s real. The kid who got Roz pregnant tells her his parents want to meet her and when she does she quietly freaks out about their gigantic noses. Frasier calms her by pointing out their son doesn’t share the same genetics and his nose is fine, but right before it ends they find out he got hit in the face and had plastic surgery when he was young.

Roz needing to pay the price for being a slut because network fatcats said so is the most pathetic bullshit ever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thankfully they never really had super Alice focused episodes. Those would have seriously been a deathknell. Would have been way worse than all of Daphne's family combined.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The ending of the episode has them going through old family photos and notes that Roz herself apparently had plastic surgery on her previously freakishly huge ears after an accident as well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Frasier there looking like a bourgeoisie Alex Murphy chrome-dome rear end head.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm watching the fake noses episode and holy poo poo it's real. What the gently caress?? I'm not a Frasier expert or anything but I'm pretty familiar with the series and this episode was entirely a blank spot to me. And it's awful.

Although Marty does get married to Duke.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm watching the fake noses episode and holy poo poo it's real. What the gently caress?? I'm not a Frasier expert or anything but I'm pretty familiar with the series and this episode was entirely a blank spot to me. And it's awful.

Although Marty does get married to Duke.

I'm not going to watch it but could you answer me a quick question:

Is the whole thing a weird anti-semetic trope?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
They're wasps

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh, so those are actually suctorial proboscides?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Another Bill posted:

I'm not going to watch it but could you answer me a quick question:

Is the whole thing a weird anti-semetic trope?

They made them as white yuppie WASP as possible, probably to avoid any chance of misreading the joke

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cosmik Slop posted:

They made them as white yuppie WASP as possible, probably to avoid any chance of misreading the joke

Yeah I was curious because.... well it would be an easy joke to misread.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Another Bill posted:

Yeah I was curious because.... well it would be an easy joke to misread.

The actual "Jews, am I right" episode comes a little bit later and it's mostly Jewish mother jokes and offhand Yiddish, as tasteful as you could expect (when Frasier is dating Amy from Judging Amy and she makes him pretend to be Jewish)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

The actual "Jews, am I right" episode comes a little bit later and it's mostly Jewish mother jokes and offhand Yiddish, as tasteful as you could expect (when Frasier is dating Amy from Judging Amy and she makes him pretend to be Jewish)

The bit at the end where Amy and her mom have a huge argument then make up and leave like nothing happened, then Frasier and Martin try to do the same and end up in tears realising they can't, and figure it's because they're not Jewish.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The bit at the end where Amy and her mom have a huge argument then make up and leave like nothing happened, then Frasier and Martin try to do the same and end up in tears realising they can't, and figure it's because they're not Jewish.
you didn't express an opinion on this but MY worthless goon opinion is influenced by being a Jewish person IRL and I liked this episode.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
if only there were jewish writers in hollywood to make sure they were represented accurately

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I liked it, it's more just played out than offensive or whatever

E the line "he's just going to kvetch and frankly I don't need the tsuris" made me laugh a lot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The best lines are:

"Niles! We have to pretend to be Jewish."
*excitedly "OK!.........why?"

"We have to tell dad."
"You mean Papa."
"Niles..."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I really get the idea that the Crane boys keep getting into bizarre extended charades because they enjoy them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Solice Kirsk posted:

The best lines are:

"Niles! We have to pretend to be Jewish."
*excitedly "OK!.........why?"

"We have to tell dad."
"You mean Papa."
"Niles..."

Niles: "I'll let you all sort this out, I really have to go."
Helen: "I understand, this is your busy time."

Gets me every time.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Frasier: This is just dandy! By morning we'll be Stouffer's Frozen Entrées for wolves!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Honestly maybe I haven't been around enough conservative Jews but who would flip their poo poo at, like, Christmas trees and poo poo in the house???

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FilthyImp posted:

Honestly maybe I haven't been around enough conservative Jews but who would flip their poo poo at, like, Christmas trees and poo poo in the house???

it wasn't that it was in the house, it's that she thought fras was jewish (freddy is, and she met him while he was buying a menorah iirc) and her mom wouldn't approve of her dating a non-jewish person

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Marty looks good with his dyed hair.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

food court bailiff posted:

it wasn't that it was in the house, it's that she thought fras was jewish (freddy is, and she met him while he was buying a menorah iirc) and her mom wouldn't approve of her dating a non-jewish person

Nah, Freddie isn't in "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz," it's just that Niles and Frasier put up this whole huge shindig of pretending to be Jewish so Faye's mother thinks they're a Jewish family, to the point of Frasier coming up with increasingly convoluted reasons to keep her away from the kitchen oven, because he's told her it's a brisket when it's actually a ham. And then Mrs. Moskowitz discovers Niles, in full Christmas pageant costume, in the powder room.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Timby posted:

Nah, Freddie isn't in "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz," it's just that Niles and Frasier put up this whole huge shindig of pretending to be Jewish so Faye's mother thinks they're a Jewish family, to the point of Frasier coming up with increasingly convoluted reasons to keep her away from the kitchen oven, because he's told her it's a brisket when it's actually a ham. And then Mrs. Moskowitz discovers Niles, in full Christmas pageant costume, in the powder room.

Freddy isn't in it at all, you're right, but it is still kicked off by Frasier buying a gift for him like I said - worded it in an extremely pre-coffee way, though. Lilith is Jewish and so is Freddy.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 18, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cassandra Faye was one of my favorites of Frasier's girlfriends. Her and Claire.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Faye is great, I like Claire in theory but in practice she's basically just Lady Frasier with some of the neuroses filed off, which means that while she'd be a delightful match for him in real life, on a sitcom it forces Frasier to really up the ante on his own crazy to keep drama and shenanigans happening.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I liked the mouse-trappin, moon-howlin lady. Should have married her imo

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UKxgFOiFNU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

kate costas you merlot-drinkers

she would have been the marty to frasier's hester

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kelsey Grammer has such a great voice. He should read audiobooks. And so should John Lithgow if I'm just rambling off people who should do more voice work.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
John Goodman reads the Nero Wolfe series.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
French Stewart reading The Hobbit.

"What have I got... in my pocket?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

There was some episode where Daphne took off her wedding (engagement?) ring to take a bath and her fiancé found it and hid it, making her freak out thinking that she lost it. The whole premise was "women are so dumb and airheaded and need to RESPECT THE MAN." That made me hate the show forever.