Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the only solution to brexit at this point is for the entire country to up sticks and move to Madagascar or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Jel Shaker posted:

the only solution to brexit at this point is for the entire country to up sticks and move to Madagascar or something

I think the answer in that case would be "gently caress off, we're full!"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
the best solution to brexit is to detonate neutron bombs in all the home counties, my own included. please ensure the first one is directly over me. thanks.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-CvoONHtgM

Woa, woa, woa, woa, woa, woa, woa.... woa.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

CGI Stardust posted:

the best solution to brexit is to detonate neutron bombs in all the home counties, my own included. please ensure the first one is directly over me. thanks.

Sorry mate, we don't have a trade agreement yet set up for neutron bombs.
Best we can do is some figs from the Faroe Islands.
Limited 2 per certified citizen.
So please make sure you have your blue passport ready.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

There will be adequate neutrons

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

brexit has killed again

it's going to gently caress northern ireland, it's causing scotland to break away, and now it's going for Whales

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's going to gently caress northern ireland, it's causing scotland to break away, and now it's going for Whales

Lol

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

happyhippy posted:

Sorry mate, we don't have a trade agreement yet set up for neutron bombs.
Best we can do is some figs from the Faroe Islands.
Limited 2 per certified citizen.
So please make sure you have your blue passport ready.
not ideal but eh, send those figs, making GBS threads myself to death sounds more appealing than another decade of TRADE DEALS!?!? EUSSR?!?!?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

if this trainwreck of a deal actually goes through i will be both genuinely angry and have that somewhat nauseous feeling of amusement that one associates with the worst kind of cringe humour

ahhhh. this is brexit

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

brexit has killed again

Brexit: There will be adequate whale oil

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bojo gonna take all that whale blubber and turn it into Brubber, an infinite energy material that bounces off all the walls erected by the EU.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Teenage Mutant Brexit Turtles

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Teenage Mutant Brexit Turtles

heroes in a backstop

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

BMX Ninja posted:

Bojo gonna take all that whale blubber and turn it into Brubber, an infinite energy material that bounces off all the walls erected by the EU.

Bojo Brubber in theatres soon

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What's the name of that waxy substance in a whale's head?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Volcott posted:

brexit

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
beaten

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Volcott posted:

albiongris

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
amboris

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

brexit

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

'scool

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The Corbynite Maneuver

Is There in Truth No Brexit?

Amok Time

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Serious question what would happen if Corbyn became PM and just said "lol never mind about all this brexit bullshit"?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oops, I think I just Brexited.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Has anyone merged all brexit flowcharts into one big interconnected one yet?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Serious question what would happen if Corbyn became PM and just said "lol never mind about all this brexit bullshit"?

Immediate political death followed by election defeat as everyone calls him "the man that denies the will of the people", and whoever comes next re-triggers article 50 and probably causes instant no-deal.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Brony Car posted:

The Corbynite Maneuver

Is There in Truth No Brexit?

Amok Time

For the Head is Hollow and we have hosed the Pig

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Oops, I think I just Brexited.

excuse me sir this is a grave breach of :decorum:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TrilliontonNixon posted:

a significant erosion of the faith of voters in the democratic process for probably a generation

brexit might seem like (and is) a stupendously poor plan, but it was nevertheless one that was brought to the people in a referendum and affirmed by them. for the executive to backslide now, after three years, is to simultaneously admit that parliament is too inept and dysfunctional to figure out what "brexit" is (and they're the ones that brought the idea up in the first place!), and that referenda can be axed whenever the executive feels like it's grown too inconvenient for them. it probably wouldn't lead to a civil war or anything, but it would absolutely dynamite any trust people might've had in their elected representatives and parliament as a whole

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Has anyone merged all brexit flowcharts into one big interconnected one yet?

The Voltron of Brexit.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vermain posted:

a significant erosion of the faith of voters in the democratic process for probably a generation

brexit might seem like (and is) a stupendously poor plan, but it was nevertheless one that was brought to the people in a referendum and affirmed by them. for the executive to backslide now, after three years, is to simultaneously admit that parliament is too inept and dysfunctional to figure out what "brexit" is (and they're the ones that brought the idea up in the first place!), and that referenda can be axed whenever the executive feels like it's grown too inconvenient for them. it probably wouldn't lead to a civil war or anything, but it would absolutely dynamite any trust people might've had in their elected representatives and parliament as a whole

so what's the downside

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

because the fact of the matter is, parliament is in fact too incompetent to figure out what brexit means. that's quite obvious regardless of the outcome here. people probably should in fact not trust parliament, in its current incarnation.

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Oct 19, 2019

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
keep away you poofters, my backside is brexit only

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the brexit dog has a good point

https://twitter.com/MattGarrahan/status/1185453372419268609

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

so what's the downside

more tory govts

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

pull out before you brexit

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We don't know what brexit means, but what does Leave mean?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit is on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eliDqG4VtOw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

poty posted:

brexit is on!

Brexit is on, on the street