Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
White Vault Season 3 has started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I’m at the gym and one of the TVs has Ellen on it, the Limetown show is out?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Len posted:

I’m at the gym and one of the TVs has Ellen on it, the Limetown show is out?

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that. Just finishing season 1 of The Sinner which nabbed Biel an Emmy nod, will have to carve out time for Limetown.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The newest Magnus Archives is phenomenal.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Haven't listened to it yet, but even the description of giving me goosebumps.

E: Holy poo poo, what an episode

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 17, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The newest Magnus Archives is phenomenal.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding. God I love this podcast.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

They didn’t do voice credits so that means it wasn’t the season finale right?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Every season is exactly 40 episodes

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

New Leaf posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding. God I love this podcast.

Half assed theory:
Martin is the Avatar of Desolation, rejecting and ruining the other powers' plans. Elias is interested in witnessing the birth of a new power, and egging things along.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

:tviv:

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
That part in the new Magnus when Trevor the Tramp busts in and shouts “JOHNNY BOYYYYY!” loving slayed me for some reason.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That really was a superb episode.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

beefart posted:

That part in the new Magnus when Trevor the Tramp busts in and shouts “JOHNNY BOYYYYY!” loving slayed me for some reason.

NEW FRIENDS?!

(Swearing, gunfire)

NOT NEW FRIENDS THEN!

got to me.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

beefart posted:

Was it him or the not!Sasha?

I loved Daisy going feral and becoming monstrous as she says"RUN"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I went to the Magnus Reddit and now I'm just confused. Wtf are they on about that John must be scarred by each power in order for something to happen?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Each power has a ritual, all never completed. The Eye's is called The Watcher's Crown and folks have theories that it involves him being attacked / hurt by each power.

We don't know if it's true but Jon has been cut, stabbed, burned, and trapped by all but one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Each power has a ritual, all never completed. The Eye's is called The Watcher's Crown and folks have theories that it involves him being attacked / hurt by each power.

We don't know if it's true but Jon has been cut, stabbed, burned, and trapped by all but one.

I mean I guess the guy who puts himself in harms way by kicking metaphorical hornet nests could be doing it as part of a long con by the powers

But that seems like a stretch when it could just be him getting stung by metaphorical hornets over and over again

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Totally agree.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I don't believe the scar thing but I do agree with the theory that John has to experience all the different powers directly in some way for Elias' plans. It'd explain why he sent John and Basira up to Ny-Ålesund despite the Dark being a complete non-issue.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Had Jon had a direct run-in with The Slaughter? I got the impression its ritual just sort of fizzled, out away from anybody.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He took the magic bullet out of Daisy, right?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

He took the magic bullet out of Daisy, right?

Melanie, but yes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Has anybody listened to Point Mystic? I saw it recommended somewhere as Tanis should have become. I just started and it's pretty compelling so far.

Edit: I had a short synopsis written up at the first episode but apparently that was just a promo for a new Joe Hill book nowhere that was labeled as episode zero of the podcast.. Apparently I'm an idiot.

The actual podcast is still pretty interesting.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 18, 2019

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I've enjoyed all of Point Mystic. Unfortunately they have large gaps between episodes so some of the continuous stuff I usually forget between episodes. I should go back and relisten.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Droyer posted:

Melanie, but yes.

Just realized that I had conflated those two as well. So it was Melaine who was thrall to the Slaughter from the ghost bullet and Daisy just kinda became a Hunter through work but severed her bonds in the Buried, right?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ratatozsk posted:

Just realized that I had conflated those two as well. So it was Melaine who was thrall to the Slaughter from the ghost bullet and Daisy just kinda became a Hunter through work but severed her bonds in the Buried, right?

Correct, though Melanie has now blinded herself to escape Beholding and Daisy relapsed into the hunt when Trevor/Julia/Not!Sasha attacked

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Great to see Magnus Archives is getting more popular. #10 in the Arts podcast section now

https://podbay.fm/chart/arts

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tbh it’s all the more impressive for being Creative Commons IP and thus outside the system of market incentives / pod-to-TV pipeline that is honestly a big contributor to the audio fiction landscape’s low par.

For now, anyway. Who’s to say it doesn’t end up a Shudder series, or something

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

I went to the Magnus Reddit and now I'm just confused. Wtf are they on about that John must be scarred by each power in order for something to happen?

This kinda thing is why TMA has just lost me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This kinda thing is why TMA has just lost me.

Don't take it seriously- until and unless it shows up in the actual show it's just the result of people bullshitting on the internet over a long enough time to start accreting bullshit on top of bullshit. Maybe they're right, but there's no reason to take their ideas seriously unless they're confirmed by the show.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

I watched the first two episodes of Limetown. Obviously production values are great but weirdly there’s a very noticeable cap on the resolution, making for a chunky picture even on just a computer screen. Also with managing flashbacks visually they’re showing a lot of the day-to-day life of Limetown even in Winona’s episode which is very different from how the story unfolds when it’s only audio.

Can’t see myself not finishing it, but also wanting a little bit more as that podcast was loving solid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The more I listen to Point Mystic the more I like it. It's very well put together, and the actors they have to play the different roles do a great job of small talk and sounding like it's their own words rather than something written on a piece of paper. That goes for the kids too, I don't know if they're all improving or if they actually have some real world background to their small talk or connection to what they're saying so it sounds more natural, but these folks are really good.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Point Mystic was a great recommend.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish there was more of it, I'm looking at the post dates and they only do a few episodes a year. Really bizarre, but it probably takes a while to pull together.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Finally caught up with The Magnus Archives. Yea that last episode was pretty incredible.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

I wish there was more of it, I'm looking at the post dates and they only do a few episodes a year. Really bizarre, but it probably takes a while to pull together.

I support them on Patreon and they should be releasing two episodes very soon. From what I've gathered interacting with them, they spend a lot of time editing and finding voice actors. There was one of the more recent ones that was absolutely heart wrenching and the actor completely sold it. I think it was episode 11.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

Don't take it seriously- until and unless it shows up in the actual show it's just the result of people bullshitting on the internet over a long enough time to start accreting bullshit on top of bullshit. Maybe they're right, but there's no reason to take their ideas seriously unless they're confirmed by the show.

No I know. I just miss the days when the focus was on the actual statements.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why haven't you guys said anything about the Wolf359 crew dropping a new anthology series? It's 7 episodes and all posted.im starting it now so I have no impressions to give

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Len posted:

Why haven't you guys said anything about the Wolf359 crew dropping a new anthology series? It's 7 episodes and all posted.im starting it now so I have no impressions to give

What's it called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

What's it called?

Uh...good question it popped up in the Wolf359 feed

Fake edit: Zero Hours