Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

you are history's greatest monster

EVERYBODY DIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Oh drat, this tournament started already!! Bummed I missed the first few rounds, but here goes for the current one:

Andrade
Riho
Sami Zayn
The Hardy Boyz
Private Party

Roppongi 3k
Joey Ryan

Thanks for putting this all together Punch!

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Andrade
Lance Archer
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
PCO

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Volador Jr.
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Buddy Murphy
Joey Ryan

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gently caress me I missed the last round

FIRST ROUND, PART FOUR

Andrade
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Buddy Murphy
PCO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lady Maravilla
Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
You have five or so hours to vote, unless it’s more.

Basically, voting is open until I close the thread and post results.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 18, 2019

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Andrade
Riho (seriously, gently caress you for putting these three together first round and making me choose :mad: )
Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero
Guerrillas of Destiny
Yuki Kamifuku
Roppongi 3k

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Andrade 25
The Briscoes 8
Lady Maravilla 4

Juice Robinson 17
Riho 15
Lance Archer 7

Hirooki Goto 20
Sami Zayn 14
Caristico 4

Ultimo Guerrero 18
Volador Jr. 13
The Hardy Boyz 6

Private Party 15
Session Moth Martina 14
Guerrillas of Destiny 10

Mercedes Martinez 27
Erick Rowan 5
Yuki Kamifuku 4

Roppongi 3k 22
El Phantasmo 9
Buddy Murphy 6

PCO 28
Joey Ryan 6
Shotaro Ashino 3

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

Bandido
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

Bandido was one of the hottest free agents in late 2018, thanks to his star-making performance at All In. He chose to sign with Ring of Honor, which also allowed him to work PWG. He’s had a tremendous in-ring year, with great matches against Dragon Lee, Will Ospreay (twice), Shane Taylor, Jeff Cobb, and Rush. As talented as he is, he should be a big star for years into the future.

Masashi Takeda

Takeda is a central piece of Big Japan, and also appears in a number of other promotions as a freelancer, including All Japan, FREEDOMs, ZERO1, and even GCW. He spent over a year as the BJW Death Match Heavyweight Champion from late ’17 to 2018. He also showed diversity in the kinds of matches he had, as he went from a great match with Jonathan Gresham at the first Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport to a well-received death match against Jimmy Lloyd at Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 Part 1 the very next night.

Taurus

Taurus also uses the name “Black Taurus” on the indies. Taurus is the hoss of AAA. In addition to being a part of the now-legendary trios match at PWG Sixteen, he also has been in really good tags in MLW (with Laredo Kid against the Lucha Bros) and in AAA (with Killer Kross against Brain Cage & Laredo Kid). He also played a role in training Cain Velasquez for his lucha libre debut.

Meiko Satomura

"The Yokozuna of Joshi Pro Wrestling" has long been considered one of the absolute best in the ring. 2018 brought well deserved international acclaim for the founder of Sendai Girls as she entered WWE's Mae Young Classic and found success in Britwres on top of becoming the first woman to capture DDT's top championship back in her native Japan. 2019 has been another strong year for Meiko as she put on a strong MOTYC with Sareee on top of capturing PROGRESS's women's championship. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Aleister Black
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Cesaro

Black has had a great past couple of years. He was a stalwart in NXT, where he held the NXT Championship and had great matches with Ciampa, Gargano, Cole, and Almas. called up to the main roster in 2019, he was initially part of a tag team with Ricochet that, while didn’t have much of a storyline to it, had a series of very good tag matches in NXT, particularly against Hanson & Rowe. Black ahs since been split off to be a solo act. He re-debuted against Cesaro in a good match, and then was shifted back to introductory promos.

Kzy

Kzy is the leader of the Natural Vibes stable in Dragon Gate. His best matches this year have been with PAC in February for the Open the Dream Gate Title which Meltzer gave ****3/4, a July match with Shun Skywalker that received ****1/4, and with Ben-K in the semifinal of the King of gate tournament in June.

Naoya Nomura

Nomura is one of the top prospects for All Japan. Just 25, he’s already a three-time tag champion. He finished tied for first in Block B of this year’s Champion Carnival, though he lost the tiebreaker match to Jake Lee. He’s been praised for great matches like his unsuccessful Triple Crown title challenge against Kento Miyahara in September, as well as earlier matches with Miyahara, Jake Lee, and Suwama this year.

Mizuki

As one half of the Magical Sugar Rabbits with Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki has been one of the top tag team wrestlers of recent years displaying some of the strongest ring work in all of TJPW. As a single's competitor, Mizuki also looked impressive in winning the Princess Cup although she failed to capture the Princess of Princess Championship in the title match she received as a reward. With so many of her former partners such as Riho, Maki Itoh and now Yuka receiving international claim, surely it's only a matter of time before Mizuki joins them on the world stage. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Daisuke Sekimoto

Sekimoto is one of the beefiest wrestlers in wrestling today. He primarily works for Big Japan, though he makes many freelance appearances outside of that company. This year he’s worked in PWG, All Japan, wXw, GCW, and ZERO1, among others. His September match against Michael Elgin is one of the top reviewed matches of the year in that company, and he’s also had great matches against Brody King, WALTER, and Chris Dickinson this calendar year.

Angelico & Jack Evans

Angelico & Evans (who will soon be known as TheHybrid2 in AEW) are a fun high flying team that worked together in AAA for a long time, while also making appearances in PWG. They’ve joined the AEW roster, where they’ve had good tag matches with Best Friends, Private Party, and a triangle match against Jungle Express & The Dark Order. The contrast between Angelico’s stoic persona and Jack Evans’ constant trash talking adds an entertaining layer to the team.

KAI

KAI is a top freelancer in Japan, primarily splitting 2019 between All Japan and Dragon Gate. His challenge against Kento Miyahara in January of this year received ****3/4 from Dave Meltzer, and he’s also done well in DG tagging with U-T and YAMATO.

Keith Lee
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Marty Scurll

Lee combines athleticism and size in a unique package, and he proved his skills with a fantastic 2017 and first half of 2018 before signing with WWE. While he spent a lot of this year stuck in a holding pattern in NXT, he’s started to be featured more and has had a pair of very good matches with Dominik Dijakovic in the last couple of months.

John Cena
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Asuka
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2015 by Brock Lesnar.
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2013 by Naomichi Marufuji.
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2011 by Chris Hero.
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2009 by The Miz.
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2007 by Shelton Benjamin.

John Cena is definitely a part-timer these days, having last appeared in a WWE match in January of this year. He’s still capable of being a good worker, as he showed while teaming with Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose in January. He’s also obviously amazingly charismatic.

Mayu Iwatani

The sole remaining member of Stardom's Threedom has had the past few years of her career cursed by unfortunate injuries and is in danger of being left behind by the next generation of Stardom talent, but she is still one of the best around when she gets the opportunity to show off her skills. This year, Mayu achieved what was once and unthinkable goal in wrestling at Madison Square Garden, walking in as ROH Women's Champion. If she can remain healthy, she'll surely continue to remain a central pillar of Stardom for years to come. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Jeff Cobb

Cobb has been a bright spot for Ring of Honor and a main player in PWG. He’s had a bunch of really good matches this year, including against Bandido, Tomohiro Ishii, Will Ospreay, Shane Taylor, Shingo Takagi, and Daisuke Sekimoto.

Niebla Roja

Roja is a very good upper midcarder for CMLL. He regularly teams with his brother, Angel de Oro, and they had great matches against teams like Euforia & Gran Guerrero, Adam Brooks & Mecha Wolf 450, and Dragon Lee & Mistico. His February singles match against Terrible was also very good.

Robbie Eagles

Eagles originally came into New Japan as a heel member of Bullet Club, but he turned face during a match against Will Ospreay in his native Australia. He had a good run in the Super J Cup, including a great match against Ospreay and good matches against Bandido, DOUKI, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ren Narita, & Rocky Romero.

Elias

He’s not the best worker, but Elias is a charismatic performer who built a lot of popularity with the crowd off of his ability to play guitar and sing. His direction in the company has been unclear, with an aborted face turn in the winter, and he also had a good match last month with Ali.

David Starr

Starr has been one of the top names on the indies this year, combining his great mic skills with really solid in-ring abilities. He had a great 60 minute iron match with Joey Janela at BEYOND’s Americana, another great one against WALTER in OTT and in wXw, and a four star match against Jonathan Gresham in PWG.

Rey Wagner

Wagner, who used to be Dr. Wagner Jr. until losing his mask in 2017, is in the midst of a blood feud with Blue Demon Jr. on the top of the AAA cards, including at TripleMania. Considering Blue Demon Jr.’s career long reputation for not being particularly good, the fact that Wagner has carried this feud to popular matches and great heat is very impressive.

Masato Yoshino

Yoshino is part of Dragon Gate’s MaxiMuM stable. He and stablemate Naruki Doi have been in a series of good tags this year, but one of his best matches was with rival Kaito Ishida against Doi and Dragon Kid. He and Dragon Kid also teamed with Ultimo Dragon in the latter’s first Dragon Gate match in over 15 years.

Dolph Ziggler
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Mr. rear end

Ah gently caress it, I’m currently over 17000 words written and I don’t have the energy for Dolph.

Mustache Mountain, Trent Seven & Tyler Bate
Seven: Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Tommaso Ciampa
Bate: Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Ricochet

Seven & Bate came to international prominence thanks to a great series of matches with Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong in 2018. NXT UK has had a weird schedule this year, but they also had a great tag match against James Drake & Zack Gibson this year in January. Seven’s also had good solo matches against WALTER, while Bate had a *****1/4 match against WALTER at NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff.

Kagetsu

Kagetsu may have been overshadowed by Wonder of Stardom Champion Momo Watanabe during her run with Stardom's top championship, the World of Stardom, but she still proved that she belonged at the top of the company with some great defences. The Prime Minister of Oedo Tai has reformed the faction in her image and they remain one of the more popular acts in the company despite the rise of rival faction Tokyo Cyber Squad led by former ally, Hana Kimura. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Your ballot:

Bandido vs. Masashi Takeda vs. Taurus
Meiko Satomura vs. Aleister Black vs. Kzy
Naoya Nomura vs. Mizuki vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
Angelico & Jack Evans vs. KAI vs. Keith Lee
John Cena vs. Mayu Iwatani vs. Jeff Cobb
Niebla Roja vs. Robbie Eagles vs. Elias
David Starr vs. Rey Wagner vs. Masato Yoshino
Dolph Ziggler vs. Mustache Mountain vs. Kagetsu

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Saturday, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Bandido
Meiko Satomura
Daisuke Sekimoto
Keith Lee
Jeff Cobb
Abstain
David Starr
Kagetsu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vote for kzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://rutube.ru/video/a58fa30abb1d4ef2ea6041e134048794/

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Masashi Takeda
Kzy
Mizuki
KAI
John Cena
Robbie Eagles
Rey Wagner
Kagetsu - no cops allowed (unless it's Policeman)

Do not even ask fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 19, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vote mizuki!!!!!!!!

https://rutube.ru/video/a9858d75d3ddf4c0b8dd29eab86f81a0/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vote for mayu!~

https://rutube.ru/video/bcf2329c6054fc7b79c0851a314c21db/

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

E: whoops

Bandido
Aleister Black
Daisuke Sekimoto
Angelico & Jack Evans
Jeff Cobb
Abstain
David Starr
Kagetsu

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Bandido
Meiko Satomura
Abstain
Keith Lee
Jeff Cobb
Robbie Eagles
David Starr
Kagetsu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meiko satomura is a wwe employee and is selling joshi out to vince mcmahon vote for kzy

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Bandido
Aleister Black
Daisuke Sekimoto
Keith Lee
Jeff Cobb
Robbie Eagles
David Starr
Kagetsu

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bandido
Meiko Satomura
Mizuki
KAI
Mayu Iwatani
Rey Wagner
Kagetsu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

daisuke sekimoto is a wwe employee and is selling puro out to vince mcmahon vote for mizuki!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Taurus
Kzy
Mizuki
Angelico & Jack Evans
Jeff Cobb
Robbie Eagles
David Starr
Kagetsu

I wanted to vote for Meiko when this tournament started but too bad she's a cop now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bandido
Kzy
Mizuki
KAI
Mayu Iwatani
Robbie Eagles
Masato Yoshino
Kagetsu

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

daisuke sekimoto is a wwe employee and is selling puro out to vince mcmahon vote for mizuki!!

completely forgot about that, thanks for the heads up bb

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Taurus
Aleister Black
Daisuke Sekimoto
Angelico & Jack Evans
Jeff Cobb
David Starr
Mustache Mountain

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I also heard that John Cena is a wwe employee but cannot confirm. ymmv on that one

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The party girl almost beat the party boys. :eyepop:

Bandido
Meiko Satomura (before the realization she took the blood money sinks truly in)
Daichi Sekimoto (same)
Angelico & Jack Evans
Mayu Iwatani
Robbie Eagles
David Starr
Kagetsu

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Masashi Takeda
Meiko Satomura
Daisuke Sekimoto
Keith Lee
Mayu Iwatani
Niebla Roja
Rey Wagner
Kagetsu

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
kagetsu will be a bushiroad employee and is selling joshi out to takaaki kidani vote for kagetsu!!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

I also heard that John Cena is a wwe employee but cannot confirm. ymmv on that one

he's selling out the transformers

but i really want to see bumblebee and cleatus wrassle so i'm all for that

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

John Cena is selling out theaters to Playing With Fire, costarring Keegan Michael-Key and John Leguizamo, in theaters November 8

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

abstain
Aleister Black
abstain
Angelico & Jack Evans
John Cena
Elias
David Starr
Mustache Mountain

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taurus
KZY
Mizuki
Angelico and Jack Evans
Mayu Iwatani
Niebla Roja
Rey Wagner
Kagetsu :swoon:

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Masashi Takeda
Meiko Satomura
Naoya Nomura
Keith Lee
John Cena
Robbie Eagles
David Starr
Kagetsu

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Taurus
Kzy