Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Moving to Kongregate makes playing Arcanum much harder to play at work. I understand why, but I'm still disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SettingSun posted:

Moving to Kongregate makes playing Arcanum much harder to play at work. I understand why, but I'm still disappointed.

Trimps still has their github, no reason they couldn't do both :colbert: Dev even encourages people to use the github version because it's faster and load the save on Kong to buy then export back to github, or did a few years ago maybe they changed their mind.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SettingSun posted:

They said in discord that they might maintain a standalone link for patreon backers, funnel some of that :10bux: from work into paying to play at work :colbert: (please do not actually do this)

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
Kongregate just loads games in an iframe. You can usually open that in its own window and bypass all the chat and microtransaction stuff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm at the point in NGU where i can beat the first Titan and i read that with high enough stats you can idle them offline (to earn exp).

My stats were at 2700 power and toughness (thanks to advanced training), but even though i had the setting turned on in the options to auto kill them, it didn't trigger the fight with the first titan until i started the game again (12 hours later) and i didn't earn any exp offline.

Is there something else i'm supposed to do to idle titans offline? I'm using the Kartridge version of the game if that matters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The auto-kill stats for the first titan are 3000 power/2500 toughness.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can mouse over the title of the zone on the adventure screen to get extra info, including the auto kill thresholds.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, gotcha, guess i'm kinda close to getting that then.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

Ah, gotcha, guess i'm kinda close to getting that then.

There's also a setting for auto-kill that needs to be on. Double check that it is.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm at a point where I'm collecting the Spoopy Set and the Jake set at the same time more or less, and I'm not sure which of them I should actually be wearing.

This is also a point where I'm starting to realize VERY shortly the advanced loot filter will become practically a necessity, for no other reason than to be able to get Jake set items without GRB set stuff clogging up my inventory. Which sucks because without spending a single AP and getting the free 50k I'm still only closing in on 70k AP. I'm way too poor to actually buy even the newbie pack, tempting though it's starting to seem, so I may just need to drop the idea of progressing for a while and just suck in daily roll AP until I actually get the advanced filter in like... A few months.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

In NGU, if I press Cap on a digger, it always sets it to one level less than it will actually go. Is there a reason for that?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

headfake posted:

In NGU, if I press Cap on a digger, it always sets it to one level less than it will actually go. Is there a reason for that?

I think it's so that you can hit cap on like 5 diggers and have them all be Level-1, instead of the first 1 or 2 stealing literally all your GPS and having the last few be really underleveled

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
NGU: I'm going through the blind challenges to unlock the daycare slot, and oh my god they just keep getting more troll-y. At least early on I could see how much my NUMBER would go up by. I've started #6, and now I can't even tell how much gold I'm making or see the Wandoos bars. This is great.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

headfake posted:

The gold cost per second for a digger is exponential so running all your diggers at level 10 could potentially cost the same as running a single one of them at 11. The auto capper makes a rough average so all diggers are similarly close to their cap. It also saves some of your gold production so most of the time you can add 1 or 2 levels to a digger of your choice (ITOPOD digger, no other valid choice) manually.

It is also a hot tip to disable all your diggers and cap ITOPOD and EXP manually before you eat your fruits, to maximize fruit gains. These 2 diggers affect the gains from the equivalent fruits. Adventure digger does NOT affect the adventure fruit so leave that one off.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm at a point where I'm collecting the Spoopy Set and the Jake set at the same time more or less, and I'm not sure which of them I should actually be wearing.

This is also a point where I'm starting to realize VERY shortly the advanced loot filter will become practically a necessity, for no other reason than to be able to get Jake set items without GRB set stuff clogging up my inventory. Which sucks because without spending a single AP and getting the free 50k I'm still only closing in on 70k AP. I'm way too poor to actually buy even the newbie pack, tempting though it's starting to seem, so I may just need to drop the idea of progressing for a while and just suck in daily roll AP until I actually get the advanced filter in like... A few months.

Eh, I haven't spent a cent on it and it doesn't really take that long to get the Advanced Filter by that point. It speeds up a fair bit over time, as well, since the daily slots give better gains the more you do it. On top of that, as you kill Bosses and just get more Energy and Money that silently gets you Achievements. They increase AP gain across the board, but don't worry about going out of your way for 'em. Almost all of them occur naturally.

The first 100k is the hardest part of it, but after you have the filter, get the Yellow Heart, cap that with the Daycare (it'll take a while but it's worth it) and you'll be set for the rest of the game.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've asked before, but something, if you're looking for an idea of what to add, I'd love to see some of the heart items renamed to liver, spleen, right kidney, etc, and usable in an extended equipment screen of internal organs, with a special inventory that's an ice chest.

Bonus points if instead of using empty slots, they're prefilled with natural organs on rebirth, and then when you switch one out, you can sell the organ for some gold (or level them up to 100 for no reason other than vanity)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm at a point where i can idle Gordon Ramsay Bolton offline in NGU, but i'm not quite sure what i should aim to do next.

My Stats are:

Energy: 50/1,300,000/40
Magic: 4/370,000/5

Adv. Stats (boosted with advanced training)
Power: 3,287
Toughness: 2,793

I've got all of the pieces of GRB gear equipped (with a couple of levels in each) and boosted as much as they can be and i've been slowly levelling up an ascended forest pendant (and have one sitting in daycare).

Is it just leaving the game offline to gain about 500exp a day from titan idling and throwing that into energy and magic to more quickly do the challenges?

edit: I've found that at my current stats, if i do 30 minute rebirths i kind of just reach boss 58 which is more exp then idling offline each day, though the offline idle has the benefot of less micromanagement.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 18, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

an extended equipment screen of internal organs

You can't say that and expect people to envision anything but a something-ized version of an Operation game, you know that right?

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Something, if you're looking for a new game mode, reverse the function of adventure and boss fight. Make boss fight drop items, and adventure require you to clear a number of mooks and then a boss to progress.

seconding the heart reskin, perhaps as an unlock?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I've asked before, but something, if you're looking for an idea of what to add, I'd love to see some of the heart items renamed to liver, spleen, right kidney, etc, and usable in an extended equipment screen of internal organs, with a special inventory that's an ice chest.

Bonus points if instead of using empty slots, they're prefilled with natural organs on rebirth, and then when you switch one out, you can sell the organ for some gold (or level them up to 100 for no reason other than vanity)

this actually sounds really dope tbh

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is kind of like the system from ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman on the PSP. You surgically install equipment to boost your stats and can redirect energy beams from your internal organs to pump up different modules. Would be awesome to see a wacky system of reconfiguring your organs in NGU.

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
Hey Something, gotta say I really appreciate all the recent quality of life changes that have been made to the game recently. That said, I do think it would be nice if ITOPOD boosts could just automatically be added to the infinity cube while offline. There's already a lot of other offline calculations involving ITOPOD so this seems like a logical next step. Maybe as an upgrade or shop purchase?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

I'm at a point where i can idle Gordon Ramsay Bolton offline in NGU, but i'm not quite sure what i should aim to do next.

If you have higher-level zones unlocked, it may be possible to just barely kill something and get better equipment.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 19, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Blattdorf posted:

If you have higher-level zones unlocked, it may be possible to just barely kill something and get better equipment.

I just passed that point - getting all the GRB equipment stats maxed (not the equipment level, just all the stats for level 0-2 items) gives me enough to where I can allllmost endlessly idle Clockwork, which has better stats. But I can idle for 10-15 minutes and get a piece or two of equipment.

So my next step is to periodically dip into Clockwork to collect a full set, then boost that armor, and hopefully have enough stats to manually kill GCT.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Infinity Gaia posted:

Kongregate used to give out 10 kreds if you do their bullshit newbie progress bar tasks. They still might. Give it a try.

Give something your free dollar for 20,000 AP times your current AP bonus.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Kyrosiris posted:

You can't say that and expect people to envision anything but a something-ized version of an Operation game, you know that right?

"New Version Of 'Operation' Just Has Players Use Essential Oils Instead Of Performing A Medical Procedure"

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

If you contact me on discord, I give out the 5$ pack for free to goons.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm at the tail end of Normal mode and, aside from the Slab of Meat, never maxxed GRB's gear, just enough to get good enough to idle at Clockwork. The set bonus isn't worth it and you'll have a full Clockwork set way sooner.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

something posted:

Aw man thanks. I'll be sure to do that. Normally I don't like taking free poo poo like this but goddamn the improved loot filter call has overridden my pride.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I also just had the stupid thought that there's no reason that you'd HAVE to have organ specific slots. Pull out a kidney and put in another heart. No need for a gall bladder, add a third heart. Lungs? No thanks, I'll have another heart.

Sure, you're going to have an overabundance of sanguine humors, but that's a number and making it go up is always a good thing.

Most importantly, it means more absurd discussions that will make no sense to people unfamiliar with the game.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I've already got a few hearts ready for this feature

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Add a shadow-clone that has a separate loadout because we need shadow jutsu. We already have more than enough dragonball references, might as well get the whole anime spectrum in.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

TIL

I bought that pack

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I also just had the stupid thought that there's no reason that you'd HAVE to have organ specific slots. Pull out a kidney and put in another heart. No need for a gall bladder, add a third heart. Lungs? No thanks, I'll have another heart.

Sure, you're going to have an overabundance of sanguine humors, but that's a number and making it go up is always a good thing.

Most importantly, it means more absurd discussions that will make no sense to people unfamiliar with the game.

So can I combine the uber's organs and open a portal to uber tristram?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

TIL

I bought that pack

If you still play/want more AP just let me know!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

If you still play/want more AP just let me know!

No biggie! My save bugged out between early beta and when i picked up the game again some months into "release" so i ended up with 3 million AP so i don't mind having bought that pack. (I also bought 2 more newbie packs for $10? each)

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Like two weeks into NGU idle now. It's definitely fun but it's kinda weird as a new player since I've got like, a bunch of systems now but I can only meaningfully interact with like...two of them? Definitely looking forward to the inventory slot EXP savings (and stubbornly holding out until then)...

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

nyttyn posted:

Like two weeks into NGU idle now. It's definitely fun but it's kinda weird as a new player since I've got like, a bunch of systems now but I can only meaningfully interact with like...two of them? Definitely looking forward to the inventory slot EXP savings (and stubbornly holding out until then)...

So I like NGU quite a bit, but this sort of speaks to some legitimate criticism I have of it:

You unlock systems like WEEKS before you can meaningfully use them in any way. There's a thriving community to tell you that you're doing it wrong - sure - but that's kind of just building a newbie trap and I suspect it's causing some level of dropoff in play for people. Like when you get the Time Machine you can't use it for a long while, and then eventually it's amazing. Same with Wandoos, same with NGU, and same with MacGuffins.

Other stuff you unlock and it's an immediate paradigm shift, which makes for huge gains.

I guess this is the other side of 'having a game with a lot of choices', where a bunch of them are bad, but still, it's a little frustrating at times.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

The Whole Last Page posted:

ORGANS

Well, I ain't one shy from shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Musluk posted:

Well, I ain't one shy from shitposting.

I feel like those should be the default ones, and you buy like cyborg organs or something for AP.