Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That was four years ago today? Already?

Holy poo poo time is slipping by like a shart in the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The reports say that Mahomes might be back in 3 weeks but are they really going to bring him back for a game in Mexico City when the bye is right after and would give him 5 weeks to heal?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The reports say that Mahomes might be back in 3 weeks but are they really going to bring him back for a game in Mexico City when the bye is right after and would give him 5 weeks to heal?

Speaking off, is the NFL still going to have games in Mexico what with the cartels murdering people in the streets over podcast hosts being imprisoned?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

that washington play was immortalized in paint

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3w-9S5hI9T/?igshid=1pa3ck8ntet6q

edit: holy crap

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3xB64TBnC6/?igshid=1p0oq3qdwf6jx

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think the chiefs will still be decent with Moore at the helm since he'll get to actually practice with the first team for once. The chiefs could still win without Mahomes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/adamlefkoe/status/1185268846304911362?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

...what

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If that's true and not just player/agent leak they deservedly need to get poo poo on. It'd be a weird stance to take since he was just benched for being not good. Just put him on IR and cut him in the offseason.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I feel like each city should only have one team so if this leads to the Jets being contracted then so be it.

Seriously though this is a lovely move that I'd expect from, say, Washington. This really needs to be amplified.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Imagine trying to make a playoff push at 1-4 in the AFC East.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Imagine trying to make a playoff push at 1-4 in the AFC East.

They really want him to play even though he can't get cleared

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1185309024084025344

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Never trust any doctor affiliated with the NFL.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jesus gently caress jets

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

Speaking off, is the NFL still going to have games in Mexico what with the cartels murdering people in the streets over podcast hosts being imprisoned?

Why not? We keep playing games in the US despite large, well funded, well organized gangs randomly murdering innocent civilians in the streets, or sometimes in their own homes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1184893756018814976?s=19

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1185263684089610241?s=19

https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1185262487492411392?s=19

Soon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't think we have army officials surrendering to those gangs currently

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

I don't think we have army officials surrendering to those gangs currently

Would be weird for the army to surrender to the police, they're on the same side.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If I were an NFL player I wouldn't want to go. I'm sure the NFL could hire a private army but they're more likely to put Paul Blart in charge of security.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

They really want him to play even though he can't get cleared

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1185309024084025344

Toradol isn't a narcotic

Edit: To be clear you don't wanna be on it long term like any NSAID but they're not juicing him with opiates. At least they're not admitting to that anyway.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 19, 2019

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Why not? We keep playing games in the US despite large, well funded, well organized gangs randomly murdering innocent civilians in the streets, or sometimes in their own homes.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Would be weird for the army to surrender to the police, they're on the same side.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I'd expect the police to be more willing to open fire on unarmed citizens than the Army.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

A.o.D. posted:

I'd expect the police to be more willing to open fire on unarmed citizens than the Army.

Let's be honest it's probably equal

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

They actually are, it’s proven that the military is much more strict with Rules of Engagement than cops.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1185295070918041601

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Everyone on the Falcons should be on the trading block. Broncos too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Let's be honest it's probably equal

Don't confuse the national guard with the army.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not at all surprising but https://twitter.com/espnpodcasts/status/1184277276738969600

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

Is this where I make the joke about the NFL having violent offenders who would fit in ala Hernandez?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Elway is a special kind of stupid but every other front office also wildly undervalued him and for pretty much the same reason.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

At least keim admitted he was a pussy and drafted murray

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Elway is a special kind of stupid but every other front office also wildly undervalued him and for pretty much the same reason.

Wilson was easily the most second most polished QB in that class and would have been a sure fire top 5 selection had he been 6'3. Nobody trusted his height and he had huge knocks for playing well behind Wisconsin's monster oline that year. It sounds stupid but people were legit saying that anyone could have looked good there. I don't really blame anyone for passing on him since he really was the trend setter for short QBs. Baker and Kyler both have him to thank for their draft position since classically both would have been late second day/third day picks despite the college production. NFL GMs just really, really hated short QBs back then.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

Wilson was easily the most second most polished QB in that class and would have been a sure fire top 5 selection had he been 6'3. Nobody trusted his height and he had huge knocks for playing well behind Wisconsin's monster oline that year. It sounds stupid but people were legit saying that anyone could have looked good there. I don't really blame anyone for passing on him since he really was the trend setter for short QBs. Baker and Kyler both have him to thank for their draft position since classically both would have been late second day/third day picks despite the college production. NFL GMs just really, really hated short QBs back then.

Mike Vick was first overall and was only one inch taller though, was anything shorter than 6’ at all straight cancer?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ELO Musk posted:

Mike Vick was first overall and was only one inch taller though, was anything shorter than 6’ at all straight cancer?

Yes. Like Drew Brees got knocks for it and he's officially 6 foot (but we all know he aint)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ELO Musk posted:

yes

just like irl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ELO Musk posted:

I remember when Chase Daniel was going through the draft process he said the best thing he accomplished was measuring at 6' flat. I mean, it didn't get him drafted, but it was definitely something that went around all the damned time and presumably still does in a lot of front offices.

There are a lot of dumb things lifelong football guys believe.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ELO Musk posted:

I didn't start following the draft until 2004 so I can't say for certain what his biggest knocks were. I looked up two old draft profile cards on him and both mentioned his frame and accuracy issues but not really anything about his height. I mean he was also a QB that was kind of blatantly taken for his run game. His cannon arm was a bonus and I assume forgave his height and accuracy issues.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

If Tom Brady was executed by ISIS most people, myself included, would be in favor of it.

fartknocker posted:

I’d recreate the Dancing in the Streets video by myself.
:toxx:

gotta do it now if Brady is executed by ISIS, sorry bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The GDT went nuts when that happened.

Thanks for bringing this back. I missed the thread at the time, but this was nice to reminisce about this game.