Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Today in Cooking with Hamjobs, we had hot beefwater and spherical foods. No pictures because it was boring as gently caress but same recipe as the other day with a harissa gravy instead of a red sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

Today in Cooking with Hamjobs, we had hot beefwater and spherical foods. No pictures because it was boring as gently caress but same recipe as the other day with a harissa gravy instead of a red sauce.

i tried making a hash/bacon/apple/mix today

however, the love of my life was like
that lid is overly large, i am afraid of oil fires!

so, i listened, and stuck a smaller pot lit on top of the fry pan
and it immediately expanded, dug into the edges of the frying pan, and locked in.

i had to take it outside, smash one edge of the pot lid with a hammer, then i gave up and started straight smashing the pan into the ground outside till the lid and food dropped out...

anyways i am good at cooking?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

hamjobs posted:

Was this personal preference or due to hoarding related to the impending red sauce ban?

I’m gonna cook your balls soon

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Was this personal preference or due to hoarding related to the impending red sauce ban?

I’m gonna cook your balls soon

personal preference because the hot beefwater did not become swedish meatball gravy very well, so i turned it into harissa gravy (harissa thickens things too whee)

also because i don't want to use up all my home canned tomatoes yet.

nut

hamjobs posted:

hot beefwater

*sudden pang of wondering if i wasted my name change*

poverty goat

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken

im gonna make this chicken

treasure bear

treasure stir fry

red onion, garlic, ginger, mangetout, tenderstem broccoli, pak choi, pepper, cashew, five spice, chow mein sauce, ginger, egg-fried rice

treasure bear

treasure eggs benedict

my first time making hollandaise sauce, p happy with how it turned out

bonus padron peppers:

Escape From Noise

treasure bear posted:

treasure eggs benedict

my first time making hollandaise sauce, p happy with how it turned out

bonus padron peppers:

During one stint of unemployment I had a Hollandaise sauce/Ramos gin fizz cycle going. Good stuff.

treasure bear

thai red curry

chicken quesadillas

treasure bear fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 13, 2019

treasure bear

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

During one stint of unemployment I had a Hollandaise sauce/Ramos gin fizz cycle going. Good stuff.

might make a meringue next time

poverty goat

I'm getting over the drat flu and I just made leek and potato soup w/ hardcore homemade chicken stock and schmaltz and i can feel the flu remnants losing hope with each bite

Finger Prince

If you were to hypothetically make Yorkshire pudding poutine, would you put the cheese curds in the center before putting in the oven? Or would you bake them first and put the cheese curds in the hollow after they've risen?

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Finger Prince posted:

If you were to hypothetically make Yorkshire pudding poutine, would you put the cheese curds in the center before putting in the oven? Or would you bake them first and put the cheese curds in the hollow after they've risen?

the second one. make sure they're thoroughly room temperature before you add them to hot food

Robot Made of Meat

poverty goat posted:

I'm getting over the drat flu and I just made leek and potato soup w/ hardcore homemade chicken stock and schmaltz and i can feel the flu remnants losing hope with each bite

Leek soup is wonderful!

And, as my friend's dad used to say, "If you want to make leek soup, first you take a leek . . ."

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

poverty goat

Today I put a broiled flounder fillet on a grilled cheese sandwich

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

poverty goat posted:

Today I put a broiled flounder fillet on a grilled cheese sandwich

That sounds drat tasty, like something you get at a good diner after the waitress calls you "honey" 5 times.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I will be making bulgogi once again using Hagjobs' recipe

:peanut:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

treasure bear

i did the eggs benedict again

the hollandaise split a bit + could have been fixed with water but it was still good

Heather Papps

hello friend

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I will be making bulgogi once again using Hagjobs' recipe

:peanut:

post it i need this haggy help me now

FutonForensic

treasure bear posted:

the hollandaise split a bit + could have been fixed with water but it was still good

nice

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

post it i need this haggy help me now

1 kg steak (use ribeye if you can but even blade steaks work if they're cross cut), sliced to see thru thin

Work in a tablespoon of demarara sugar (note: sometimes we use brown rice syrup or honey instead), a big spoon or tablespoon or soup bowl spoon of sesame oil, a big sprinkle of block sesame seed or perilla see if you can get it, some black sweet soy sauce (not joseon ganjang, gan Jin works fine and even regular American soy sauce works if it's viscous), a pinch of gochugaru (note: I use way more but ymmv), and a lot of chopped garlic into the meat with your hands.
Strip cut like a lot of scallions and French a whole onion. Put the onion and scallions in the marinade with the beef.
Cover it with clingfilm in a glass bowl and let it marinate overnight in the fridge. If you have a kimchi fridge don't put it in there unless you're only doing like a quick 2 hour marinade, it's not cold enough.

Wash, dry and lay out a tray of perilla leaves and sangchu (big big leaf lettuce), and make your sauces if you want them. You can eat this like lettuce wraps (ssam) or just with rice and banchan, but I like to do both tbh. Start a pot of short grain rice. Yes, wash the rice three times. It's to remove excess starch from the surface of the rice so it fluffs and also so your rice cooker doesn't boil over. Prep your banchan; you're going to want at minimum enough baek-kimchi and baechu-kimchi to have a variety of flavors, plus I like to make sigimuchi namul (it's steamed spinach with sauce) and I like soy pickle eggs and mu (radish) with it too.

Either use a charcoal grill or a big flat pan and grill the thin steak, scallions and onion until it's done to your liking, medium is fine but some people cook it to different temperatures based on preference. Serve it as it comes to the right temperature, while very hot, with a giant bowl of rice (the main meal!) and lots of gochujang or other sauces and your banchan.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Ebeneezer Splooge

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

1 kg steak (use ribeye if you can but even blade steaks work if they're cross cut), sliced to see thru thin

Work in a tablespoon of demarara sugar (note: sometimes we use brown rice syrup or honey instead), a big spoon or tablespoon or soup bowl spoon of sesame oil, a big sprinkle of block sesame seed or perilla see if you can get it, some black sweet soy sauce (not joseon ganjang, gan Jin works fine and even regular American soy sauce works if it's viscous), a pinch of gochugaru (note: I use way more but ymmv), and a lot of chopped garlic into the meat with your hands.
Strip cut like a lot of scallions and French a whole onion. Put the onion and scallions in the marinade with the beef.
Cover it with clingfilm in a glass bowl and let it marinate overnight in the fridge. If you have a kimchi fridge don't put it in there unless you're only doing like a quick 2 hour marinade, it's not cold enough.

Wash, dry and lay out a tray of perilla leaves and sangchu (big big leaf lettuce), and make your sauces if you want them. You can eat this like lettuce wraps (ssam) or just with rice and banchan, but I like to do both tbh. Start a pot of short grain rice. Yes, wash the rice three times. It's to remove excess starch from the surface of the rice so it fluffs and also so your rice cooker doesn't boil over. Prep your banchan; you're going to want at minimum enough baek-kimchi and baechu-kimchi to have a variety of flavors, plus I like to make sigimuchi namul (it's steamed spinach with sauce) and I like soy pickle eggs and mu (radish) with it too.

Either use a charcoal grill or a big flat pan and grill the thin steak, scallions and onion until it's done to your liking, medium is fine but some people cook it to different temperatures based on preference. Serve it as it comes to the right temperature, while very hot, with a giant bowl of rice (the main meal!) and lots of gochujang or other sauces and your banchan.

Sounds delicious.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I made cannabis oil snickerdoodles today, and they owned. However, I have about a quarter cup of the oil left over and I'm wondering if yobbers have a recipe I could try. I'm thinking of making something savory rather than sweet, but any cannabutter/oil recipes are welcome.

Results will be posted itt of course (you're welcome bo-pepps :evilbuddy: )

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What's the base oil?

Areola Grande

idk

Heather Papps

hello friend

hmmmmmm

poverty goat

weed oil doesn't always taste great in sweets so my advice is usually to make something easy from a box with your weed oil and then make the best chocolate chip cookies or the best fudgy brownies ever with some full strength irish butter as god intended. its also a lot safer than getting high and having nothing but weed cookies to eat

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

weed oil doesn't always taste great in sweets so my advice is usually to make something easy from a box with your weed oil and then make the best chocolate chip cookies or the best fudgy brownies ever with some full strength irish butter as god intended. its also a lot safer than getting high and having nothing but weed cookies to eat

This unless you're dosing edibles specifically for sale, then go with the cannabutter toffee I sent you for sweets.

Also those brownies are seriously legit.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If you want to try the savory option, make Kenji Lopez Alt's mashed potatoes, dose your own portion with A TINY BIT of the butter and use the rest of the non dosed to top a shepherd's pie.

Areola Grande

I made garlic herbed pork chops :ducksiren:

in the instant pot with fresh cut green beans :frogsiren:

full and got that "on drugs" feeling now thanks byob

Escape From Noise

I made dal curry using this recipe.
https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/masoor-dal-easy-masoor-dal/

I also added Japanese pumpkin, potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. I think it turned out pretty good. Probably worth burning my fingers a bit.

poverty goat

I had a frozen pack of sausage with no label and figured it was probably Italian sausage so I just made some amazing pasta alla bratwurst

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I made dal curry using this recipe.
https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/masoor-dal-easy-masoor-dal/

I also added Japanese pumpkin, potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. I think it turned out pretty good. Probably worth burning my fingers a bit.

HOW DARE YOU I AM TRYING TO SLIM DOWN drat YOU TO HELL AND BACK

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

treasure bear posted:

Hnnnnnngh

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

HOW DARE YOU I AM TRYING TO SLIM DOWN drat YOU TO HELL AND BACK

Then wouldn't vegetable curry be healthy?

Heather Papps

hello friend

not if i eat a bucket of it

poverty goat

I made ironic chili Mac last night to use up some ground meats from the freezer and a box of macaroni I bought by accident and it was fuckin excellent

poverty goat

I've suddenly got a powerful craving for lamb kleftiko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Low effort meh dining post: making BuzzFeed's one pot pasta just to see how it compares with Sunday sauce and homemade pasta which is my high effort post for better weekend maybe with a video because I like to talk about my pasta process with nerds ok