Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

huhwhat posted:

New 450w power supply from Corsair arrived today. Not the 550GM from EVGA. Did the paper clip test, fan did the same power on for one second and turn off routine. I think that’s just the way all these new auto-eco mode/auto semi-passive mode PSU fans behave.

Mobo still didn’t power on using new PSU. No lights on the diagnostic LEDs. I highly doubt that PSU is the problem here.

If I went back to have a chat with the folks at the shop who flashed my BIOS, I feel like they’re gonna just accuse me of loving it up. Best course of action is returning/exchanging it, I think? With all the shipping fees I’m gonna end up eating, I feel like I should’ve just gone with an X570 instead of a B450.

I would seriously consider going back to the shop the flashed it. The motherboard had to have worked when they flashed it, and they should be able to tell you whether it still works with a 2nd-gen cpu. It's possible something went wrong in the flashing process or the bios they flashed still has compatibility issues - one poster bought a board with a "3000 compatible" sticker and still had to flash it before it would post with a 3600. They took your money to flash it, and they should have tested that it worked with a 3rd-gen Ryzen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
If you've got a bunch of computer components from previous builds and can easily debug the problems that you're encountering with your new AMD build, I can see the appeal of AMD's value proposition. For someone who doesn't have that base to build from, it can get very frustrating. When you're ordering parts from the internet, returning parts to test which ones are broken can also get dicey as there's a small time window for return/exchange periods. The shipping and restocking fees for returning components do add up too, not to mention the time you spend debugging. While you're waiting to get the new build up and running, you're also letting the components sit there unused, slowly losing their value.

Stickman posted:

I would seriously consider going back to the shop the flashed it. The motherboard had to have worked when they flashed it, and they should be able to tell you whether it still works with a 2nd-gen cpu. It's possible something went wrong in the flashing process or the bios they flashed still has compatibility issues - one poster bought a board with a "3000 compatible" sticker and still had to flash it before it would post with a 3600. They took your money to flash it, and they should have tested that it worked with a 3rd-gen Ryzen!

Yeah, I'm going tomorrow. It's rainy today and I don't want them blaming moisture for my dead mobo. When I brought the box along with the mobo still sealed in the anti static package to the shop, they asked to hold on that box to better protect the mobo, so I know they're sensitive about that stuff.

huhwhat fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 18, 2019

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

huhwhat posted:

Anyone reading this thread considering a Ryzen 5 3000 series + B450 motherboard (from any maker) build, do reconsider, even if you're not on ITX. Get an X570 motherboard or maybe an Intel system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cfxeq7/stop_recommending_msi_b450_motherboards_for_ryzen/ As mentioned in the Reddit thread, it could be a case of selection bias, but it still seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting their system to boot. Now that my attention has shifted from the PSU to the motherboard as the reason for my system not booting, I'm tripping over all sorts of reports on compatibility issues. It could be the wrong RAM (case 1, case 2). You could've successfully flashed the BIOS to recognize newer 3rd gen Ryzen and there's a chance it still won't reliably boot afterwards.

I have an MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC that I used the AMD provided boot kit (Athlon 200GE) to flash the BIOS, to get my Ryzen 5 3600 to work in, and I have had no issues whatsoever.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Putting together a B450 / 3400G Mini-ITX and I suspect I'll need to use a 200GE or something to update. Where is the form for the loaner boot kit?

Alternatively is there any UK goons with a spare cheapo AM4 APU I can borrow/buy?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Which mobo? The Asus b450-i is advertised as Ryzen 3000 ready but only if it's been manufactured the past couple months.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

Which mobo? The Asus b450-i is advertised as Ryzen 3000 ready but only if it's been manufactured the past couple months.

ASRock B450 Gaming ITX. They have apparently updated them but who knows if I'll get new or old stock.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

huhwhat posted:

If you've got a bunch of computer components from previous builds and can easily debug the problems that you're encountering with your new AMD build, I can see the appeal of AMD's value proposition. For someone who doesn't have that base to build from, it can get very frustrating.

This is, at least, a temporary problem. AMD released 3rd gen ryzen before their affordable chipset was ready, so you either gotta pony up for x570 overkill or deal with b450 flashing nightmares. B550 is coming Q1 next year, in theory.

Not saying it doesn't suck or isn't stupid (it does and it is)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
So... how does this look?

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Project S Midi Drawer Case for Micro-ATX Desktop/HTPC/Rackmount (Rev. B)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($327.23 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9L 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X570M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($179.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3466 Memory
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($399.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Black 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($227.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan ($22.90 @ Amazon) (a few of these, and a couple of smaller ones as well)
Total: $1799.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-18 10:29 EDT-0400

The RAM is pretty cheap and the timings aren't the best but it's fully supported at full speed by the motherboard so should be fine, I think. Was looking at the EVGA cards but I was seeing things about fan noise and coil whine, so went w/ Nvidia. The CPU cooler is exactly the maximum allowed height per the case specs (110mm) so I hope it actually will fit.

The weird thing is I know this is all a bit overkill, but I'm still surprised it still feels kind of cheap? My childhood conditioned me to expect that an awesome PC is going to be pushing $3000+, but these days you can splurge and still come in well under 2 grand. Pretty cool.

Also, any point to holding on until Black Friday for any of this?

Mozi fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 18, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only two things that give me pause is that the case is weird and that the Sabrent ssd is way overpriced. No apps even take full advantage of a normal nvme ssd so the gen 4 is just wasting money. The older one for $200 is overkill for most apps.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I have space constraints so need a case that is under 11" tall and this seemed like a good option for that.

Would you recommend just a Samsung 970 instead then?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

What has an NVMe drive got to do with space constraints?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mozi posted:

I have space constraints so need a case that is under 11" tall and this seemed like a good option for that.

Would you recommend just a Samsung 970 instead then?

Even a Crucial MX500 is perfectly fine. It's ultra durable with a 500 tb write lifetime and it has a 5 year warranty.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Dead Goon posted:

What has an NVMe drive got to do with space constraints?

Nothing, that was just because the motherboard supported it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even though I personally went X570 because I'd rather throw money at the problem than troubleshoot it, I don't think it's big enough to recommend that as the first choice.

As long as recommendations make people aware of the problems with 3000 and B450 boards right now it should be enough.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Mozi posted:

Nothing, that was just because the motherboard supported it.

Yeah, unless you have a specific use case for Gen 4 SSDs then don't bother. They're brand new tech so they're all super overpriced and it's extremely unlikely you'd ever be able to take advantage of it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Well I'm seeing this 2TB Gigabyte drive for only $360... but yeah, probably still not worth it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You can get two terabayte nvme drives for about 220

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

How much are you looking to spend? The video card is good enough to play most games on 1080p ultra settings. You can get a Ryzen 2600, a b450 board, and 16gigs DDR4 3200mhz ram for around $300 and you'll be set for a long time. If your PSU is reaching the end of the warranty I'd get a new one.

Thanks, that budget sounds reasonable. The subsequent comments on Ryzen make me hesitate - what's the Intel equivalent these days?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

blk posted:

Thanks, that budget sounds reasonable. The subsequent comments on Ryzen make me hesitate - what's the Intel equivalent these days?

Don't worry about the Ryzen comments. A. B450 natively supports the 2600, so there's no possibility for said issue. B. People've been picking up the new Zens non-stop since they came out and that guy is the only goon to have issues, I suspect either his board was DoA or the shop he went to hosed something up, the Reddit problems appear to all be user errors. And C. Intel doesn't really have one.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

blk posted:

Equivalent for the 2600 is probably the i5-8400
equivalent for the 2600x is the 8600k

I agree with ItBreathes though, you shouldn't worry about the Ryzen comments, especially if you're going with Zen+. The 450 boards were designed for them and have been solid, even with Zen2 they're generally fine as long as the BIOS is updated correctly which if you're really worried about you can usually have your local computer shop do for you (Microcenter will do it for free if you buy the board/CPU there, which you should if that's an option). Microcenter, and I assume a lot of other shops, usually have a bunch that they've already updated to support Zen2 out of the box, or you can get a MAX series board from MSI which are also specifically designed to support Zen2 out of the box.

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 18, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hello thread.

Was wondering if someone could help put together a part list as I'm wandering into the world of small form and I'm a bit lost.

My only real requirements are:

As small form as possible

A 2080 card.

Any help getting a part list together would be amazing thanks

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Hello thread.

Was wondering if someone could help put together a part list as I'm wandering into the world of small form and I'm a bit lost.

A 2080 card.

SFF building generally requires a sort of opposite approach from normal PC build orders in that you start by figuring out what case you'd like and then pick parts to fit. Not From Concentrate on youtube is probably the best resource for all things small form factor. In general it means using an mITX motherboard, an SFX power supply, a low profile CPU cooler, and selecting a GPU with dimensions that fit your case (both in length and number of expansion slots) and has a good cooler design. Here's an example build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($152.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($509.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone FTZ01 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($115.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $1356.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-18 17:11 EDT-0400

Also, are you dead set on the 2080? The 2070 Super has essentially replaced it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

blk posted:

The Ryzen 2600 has been on the market over a year now and it's rock solid with pretty much any AM4 motherboard available. I see it on sale for ~$110 these days and you get 6 cores/12 threads. One of the best values around.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
A colleague is selling his 1070 FE for $150. Should I jump on this? It wasn't overclocked or used for mining. I don't know much about these prices unfortunately -- I think I was looking at a 1660 Ti for my build, but figure I could save $100 going with this. Thoughts?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Hello thread.

A 2080 card.

Scruff McGruff posted:

SFF building generally requires a sort of opposite approach from normal PC build orders in that you start by figuring out what case you'd like and then pick parts to fit. Not From Concentrate on youtube is probably the best resource for all things small form factor. In general it means using an mITX motherboard, an SFX power supply, a low profile CPU cooler, and selecting a GPU with dimensions that fit your case (both in length and number of expansion slots) and has a good cooler design. Here's an example build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($152.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($509.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone FTZ01 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($115.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $1356.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-18 17:11 EDT-0400

Also, are you dead set on the 2080? The 2070 Super has essentially replaced it.

This is a good suggestion, but keep in mind that B450 ITX boards don't have cpu-less bios flashing. You'll have to either buy from a brick-and-mortar that offers in-store bios updates (like Microcenter), or have some other plan for updating the bios like going through the hassle of getting a short-term processor boot kit from AMD. If you're not buying from Microcenter you might want to consider just spending the extra $65 for an X570 instead.

The 3600's stock cooler will fit in a FTZ01 (and most SFF cases!), so eliminating the Noctua could offset the extra cost a bit!

Alternatively, if you're playing on a 60fps display or a 1440p+ display with settings cranked all the way up, you could consider just starting with a 2600 instead. It's cheap and they'll be more and cheaper upgrade in a year or two when it starts having a noticeable performance difference.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Bank posted:

A colleague is selling his 1070 FE for $150. Should I jump on this? It wasn't overclocked or used for mining. I don't know much about these prices unfortunately -- I think I was looking at a 1660 Ti for my build, but figure I could save $100 going with this. Thoughts?

It's a good deal, but keep it mind that the FE is a blower card, so it'll be louder and a bit hotter than nice dual-fan 1070s/1660 Tis. Also, NVidia warranties don't transfer - even if it's less than three years old (and it may not be) you won't be able to get free repairs.

VVV 1070s are ~$190-220 on ebay right now, so it's a pretty fantastic price VVV

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 18, 2019

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Bank posted:

I'm not sure what used prices are normally but price/perf relative to a new card it sounds like a killer deal to me.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Absolutely buy it

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ryzen 2600x worth $30 over 2600? Not overclocking or changing coolers.

Also, any recommendations for a mini ITX case that can accommodate monster video cards? I think my 1070 is 13 or 14 inches long.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

blk posted:

If you have a 60Hz monitor, no - 2600 will be fine and a 2600x will only give slightly higher fps in games that are CPU-limited. Even the most demanding games current games will still hit 80-90+ fps before the cpu wall on a 2600.

If you have have a high-refresh-rate monitor in a lower resolution (<=1080p) and/or turn down enough settings to get close to the cpu limit, it might be worth it depending on the games you play. You'll want to turn on the auto-overclocking feature in bios (Precision Boost Overdrive) to push performance up to near-manual-oc levels.

blk posted:

Also, any recommendations for a mini ITX case that can accommodate monster video cards? I think my 1070 is 13 or 14 inches long.

Often width and height are more of a problem for ITX cases than length, though 13-14 inches is pretty darn long. What's your card, specifically?

E: The Cooler Master Elite 130 will fit both tall and long cards. The Fractal Design Core 500 fits pretty long gpus as well, but you'll need a shorter PSU so the cables don't interfere.

EE: Honestly, if you're switching to ITX you might want to consider just getting a case you like and buying a new graphics card that fits in it.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 19, 2019

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
The 1070 founders isn't too bad I had one for a while, at the 150W TDP level the founder's cooler can still handle things pretty well. My Titan XP on the other hand...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

blk posted:

RVZ02 (no fans, higher temps) / RVZ03 (fans, lower temps) can take some pretty long cards while still being not too big in volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFfH7LoiwE

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

It'll also fit the both the 2600 and 2600x's stock coolers!

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Of course by the time I emailed my colleague he told me it got sold in 5 mins. Oh well, guess I'll just pony up cash for a new one. I haven't built a new computer in 5+ years so I might as well treat myself.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

So I bought a b450 Tomahawk and 3700x earlier this week and just got the build together this evening. The b450 Tomahawk was labeled Ryzen 3000 ready on the box (purchased from Amazon) and sure enough I have had no issues with it POSTing. I just got Windows installed and all drivers up to date and everything feels fine except for one thing. The CPU temps and fan keep revving up and down while idling, between 38 and 54c, according to HWinfo64 and the CPU stays at full frequency - never dipping below 3.6ghz. This is on the stock cooler.

Temps never went above 74c after about 30 minutes of Prime95 so I feel that the heatsink is secure. I have the latest AMD chipset driver available as well as the newest BIOS from MSI flashed, (BIOS build date of 9/24/19). Doesn't seem to matter if I am on Windows or Ryzen balanced power plans. Any ideas on why this could be happening? I have some thermal paste coming and will get the heatsink cleaned up and reseated when it arrives, just wondering if there is anything more I should try before then. Apologies if this should go in another thread.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bank posted:

Of course by the time I emailed my colleague he told me it got sold in 5 mins. Oh well, guess I'll just pony up cash for a new one. I haven't built a new computer in 5+ years so I might as well treat myself.

It's fun as gently caress, look forward to it.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

llibja posted:

So I bought a b450 Tomahawk and 3700x earlier this week and just got the build together this evening. The b450 Tomahawk was labeled Ryzen 3000 ready on the box (purchased from Amazon) and sure enough I have had no issues with it POSTing. I just got Windows installed and all drivers up to date and everything feels fine except for one thing. The CPU temps and fan keep revving up and down while idling, between 38 and 54c, according to HWinfo64 and the CPU stays at full frequency - never dipping below 3.6ghz. This is on the stock cooler.

Temps never went above 74c after about 30 minutes of Prime95 so I feel that the heatsink is secure. I have the latest AMD chipset driver available as well as the newest BIOS from MSI flashed, (BIOS build date of 9/24/19). Doesn't seem to matter if I am on Windows or Ryzen balanced power plans. Any ideas on why this could be happening? I have some thermal paste coming and will get the heatsink cleaned up and reseated when it arrives, just wondering if there is anything more I should try before then. Apologies if this should go in another thread.

I don't believe HWinfo64 can properly detect Zen 2 CPU frequencies yet - I'd check Ryzen Master to see if it agrees. This sounds like the sawtooth boosting that was fixed for most people with the latest bios - basically the CPU is aggressively clocking up for small, short background tasks and since the 7nm processor is so dense, the temperature quickly increases and the fan follows suit. You can also check your current fan curve in bios and set it to be less aggressive and/or increase the "fan step up" time so that it doesn't respond so quickly to short bursts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HWinfo64 itself may be causing the revving up as well.

3rd party monitoring software doesn't play nice with Ryzen 3000 right now.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
So how's this look? I've posted a few questions here and there, but I think I've spent enough time figuring out what I think I want, so let's see what y'all think. The 3600x is only $10 more expensive than the 3600 at Micro Center, so I figure I go that way. I have at least one VM, and might roll another one or two for work, so I've got 32gigs RAM instead of 16. Two new monitors, one primary for work and gaming, and one for Zoom meetings or whatever bullshit on the second one. I'm really looking for a quiet PC, but I also don't want it to fry itself, so I'm getting hopefully better fans than what comes stock in the case. If the stock fans are decently quiet, I'll drop the extras. Or if the ones I picked are poo poo, that's good to know. I don't give a poo poo about a window in the case, so if there's a better/quieter case, I'm all ears. Anything else I should swap out or look at? Thanks friends!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports CPU Cooler ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($6.07 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($111.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($143.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Western Digital Red 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($413.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-C2R-20AC-GP 69 CFM 120 mm Fan ($10.91 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP 60.9 CFM 140 mm Fan ($9.30 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-S4S-10AK-GP 60.9 CFM 140 mm Fan ($9.30 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer G277HL bid 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor ($154.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($353.88)
Total: $1624.35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I apparently lost my spare video card. Is a 1660 the best card for the money right now?

I will probably buy something tomorrow regardless of upcoming releases, and hope the return policy of microcenter or bestbuy can be exercised to get a 1660 super or a 5500xt, if they are significantly better than whatever I pick up