Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Obvious Essex Sinn Fein member plant spotted.

gently caress me, this is the state of intelligent debate in the UK now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

happyhippy posted:

It has been for some time, friend.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ok i’m gonna black out in california and i expect to wake up to not hell in parliament so tia

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

bump_fn posted:

ok i’m gonna black out in california and i expect to wake up to not hell in parliament so tia

same op, well NY but same diff

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Same but in Mexico

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wow, it's the big day, take 851.

Surely this time something will actually happen?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Everything will be a massive disappointment, and Boris the clown will win because it turns out there are people in Parliament even more stupid than him.

Also, vitaminP’s misunderstandings of the EU sure are impressive.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

There's no outcome today that has things happening in the sense of a final decision being made, but that most assuredly doesn't mean things won't happen. Today is going to have massive consequences on the future paths open to the UK.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

lmao at the ERG calling themselves spartans though, it's like they're exploring the outer limits of wank. yeesh :rolleyes:

I'd pay good money not to see that 300 remake

Well, aside from the physical fitness and military prowess it's not a bad comparison. They've got the rest down: xenophobia, misogyny, pederasty, belligerence, contempt and callous disregard for the lives of those they rule/oppress, and an outsized perception of their own greatness.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Ms Adequate posted:

There's no outcome today that has things happening in the sense of a final decision being made, but that most assuredly doesn't mean things won't happen. Today is going to have massive consequences on the future paths open to the UK.

Indeed, and wreckers are going to leave us in the worst possible position. If the loving ERG and JRM are behind something, how can a Labour MP possibly support it, claiming they have guarantees that everything will be fine?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I am a British citizen by descent - both parents were Scottish, so I get a passport. I am living in the EU as a result as an EU citizen, so while I am going to be affected by Brexit, it's *nothing* compared to you living in the UK.

But by God this is getting to me too. I was at a concert last night and half the show I was unable to stop thinking about today's Parliamentary session...

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I seriously can't get enough of this brexiter/irish nationalist crossover act.

Haha

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

OwlFancier posted:

Not necessarily, once johnson goes for the extension it's quite possible the opposition will go straight for a VONC.

It also changes the nature of the vote even if it does go to one because it means the deal has to go through piece by piece and basically everyone's gonna say it's clearly just may's deal again.

This is why I'm hesitantly hopeful, Letwin amendment has masses of support and it stops the vote long enough for an extension and vonc. It also forces the Lib Dems to poo poo or get off the pot while requiring more debate on every part of the vote which should turn MP's away from it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pesmerga posted:

Indeed, and wreckers are going to leave us in the worst possible position. If the loving ERG and JRM are behind something, how can a Labour MP possibly support it, claiming they have guarantees that everything will be fine?

This government can't be trusted to even obey the law, but I am confident their verbal assurances are entirely credible!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Braggart posted:

Well, aside from the physical fitness and military prowess it's not a bad comparison. They've got the rest down: xenophobia, misogyny, pederasty, belligerence, contempt and callous disregard for the lives of those they rule/oppress, and an outsized perception of their own greatness.

Not quite. There isn't one of those fuckers who wouldn't have been left on a hillside to die when they were born.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

This government can't be trusted to even obey the law, but I am confident their verbal assurances are entirely credible!

I mean, any Labour MP who believes that line should be deselected on principle, because they're clearly too thick to be trusted with a salary, let alone the job of being an elected representative

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Apparently if Letwin passes the vote will be put off until Monday?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Question Time's always been the same: here's an episode from the early 90's where they came up with a better way of solving disputes:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Steve2911 posted:

I suppose the plan by the government there in withdrawing the bill is to just kick the can down the road so that it becomes the "deal vs. no deal" vote they want and the Letwin amdt is trying to avoid?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1185473989050810368

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Steve2911 posted:

Can't see how this doesn't just deeply piss everyone off

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Bojo speaking now, I guess it's kicking off

Not sure what the timetables and schedules are though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

So how many minutes did it take Twitter to out him as a Tory plant?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jaete posted:

Bojo speaking now, I guess it's kicking off

Not sure what the timetables and schedules are though

Votes are shortly after debate ends at 14:30

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's said "get Brexit done" about 19 times so far.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

tbh given the whole of recorded history, the destruction of the UK in exchange for a united Ireland would be a fair price, and it's a promising sign that the English are starting to see the problems created by throwing up land borders.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Time to guess how many people come down to London today - I'm going with 780,000

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

From further down that Farron thread - liberals.txt

https://twitter.com/timfarron/status/1185327678955634694

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Not necessarily, once johnson goes for the extension it's quite possible the opposition will go straight for a VONC.

It also changes the nature of the vote even if it does go to one because it means the deal has to go through piece by piece and basically everyone's gonna say it's clearly just may's deal again.

Well the new meaningful vote is Tuesday so they'd have to get a shift on.

Plus even if they VONC Johnson on Tuesday after laying a motion Monday, he still remains as PM until someone else gets support of the house. So unless I'm mistaken his deal will still be voted on and potentially passed.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
As I understand, even if an extension is agreed it still requires a vote by parliament to put into law so any VoNC would have to be after that is done.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/JohnJCrace/status/1185482099219947520
Guess we're dropping all pretence now.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Someone screenshot those Tim Farron tweets for when this deal manages to pass, Boris calls a GE and we end up with another ConLib coalition.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
doddery nige being salty at johnson

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
When do they stop jerking themselves off and actually do this vote?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what the heck

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Drinking game for today: a shot every time someone says "52/48"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

kingturnip posted:

Drinking game for today: a shot every time someone says "52/48"

Any drinking game rule would have the whole thread dead by midday.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The ceremonial dead pig has entered the House of Commons

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I haven't been completely following the thread, did we manage to dedicate time to Theoretical Transgender Jeremy Corbyn? even if so i'll post it again anyway for those just tuning in

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1185184865429458946

https://twitter.com/helenlewis/status/1184756143052279808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

We need the daily express to get their psychic to tell us that Bobby Sands came back from beyond the grave and he wants us to vote for Boris Johnson.

Diana and Sands shock steamy afterlife affair romp exclusive.