Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

We're into the gobjob 'does the prime minister agree with my opinion which fully supports him' section of proceedings I see. Turning this off for a few hours.

e: Pig tax

stev fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1185270282140946434?s=20

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
When is the vote?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Angepain posted:

I haven't been completely following the thread, did we manage to dedicate time to Theoretical Transgender Jeremy Corbyn? even if so i'll post it again anyway for those just tuning in

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1185184865429458946

https://twitter.com/helenlewis/status/1184756143052279808

That’s quite the hot take

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

I haven't been completely following the thread, did we manage to dedicate time to Theoretical Transgender Jeremy Corbyn? even if so i'll post it again anyway for those just tuning in

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1185184865429458946

https://twitter.com/helenlewis/status/1184756143052279808
And if my aunt had he/him pronouns he'd be my uncle.

Actually, it's weird that there's no gender neutral aunt/uncle word like parent or sibling.

I'd go with ancle, because it sounds less provocative than 'unt.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Helen Lewis is a bit special

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1185203367074762752

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Actually, it's weird that there's no gender neutral aunt/uncle word like parent or sibling.

I've heard "nibling" for a gender neutral word for niece/nephew, which is just adorable enough to break through my fiery hatred of all portmanteaus

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
:lol:

The Guardian liveblog posted:

Labour’s Pat McFadden says PM is promising Tory MPs the deregulated future they dream off while promising opposition MPs a road to better workers’ rights, interests Johnson rubbished while a journalist. Both cannot be true, he insists.

Johnson says both are possible.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Guavanaut posted:

My Unt, Jeremy Hunt

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Boris Johnson, anarcho-syndicalist.

Angepain posted:

I've heard "nibling" for a gender neutral word for niece/nephew, which is just adorable enough to break through my fiery hatred of all portmanteaus
:3:

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Hearing all these sycophants and charlatans praising Johnson over his disaster of a "deal" is honestly making me feel ill. Never in my life have I actually suffered from anxiety or anything like that but this whole pantomime process is really effecting me in a bad way. People just don't care. They don't want to know. They just want to move on and drat the consequences.

Even if this deal is rejected, people are going to react worse than ever because they fundamentally don't understand or care about what is at stake so long as they get rid of the foreigners. The whole take back control thing is demonstrably a bunch of horse poo poo.

We are so hosed.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

As someone with near permanent anxiety, can confirm this continues to be a loving nightmare

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Important live update

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Incredible

https://twitter.com/xr_landlords/status/1185298639478054912

This has to be a trevor bastard account

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

genuinely cannot tell if parody account or real

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

Parent's sibling.

Pibling.

(Pissling?)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
That must be a parody account, jfc

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

ThomasPaine posted:

That must be a parody account, jfc

The bio is absolutely perfect

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

"Successful in our own right ... by birth"

:brainworms:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
oh yes, it's a parody account (ed: i... hope?)
https://twitter.com/xr_landlords/status/1185443421059735552

they retweeted this
https://twitter.com/hegels_revenge/status/1185456821936578562

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I really shouldn't be watching parliament while hungover because I'm getting anxious but also angry.

It's also distressing my bf. He's Romanian and he's terrified he's going to be deported asap over all this (he probably will due to circumstances with his job).

I kind wish he could take me with him because I want out of this hell hole.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Look at what it's retweeting. Parody for sure

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Luciana Berger says there's been no economic analysis done so how are we meant to vote on this?

Barclay lists lots more things that prevent any decent analysis of the impacts of this deal and therefore an extension to get more time to look at it is.... oh wait it's bad?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I approve of people making fake landlord accounts to radicalise tenants on Twitter. I'm also laughing at Caroline Flint being so bad that Tim Farron is getting dunks on her.

It is my birthday today and I cannot be hosed with worrying about Brexit. I'm gonna play some vidgams and treat myself to a delivery for dinner and check in with the result later. Godspeed, friends.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Happy birthday Rarity! Its the guy who's house I'm staying in's birthday today so I made him bacon sandwiches for breakfast and we're ignoring politics. Later we will drink beer and play video games. Have fun!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Happy Rarity day! :toot:

It's nice and sunny today so I'm doing shopping and putting some washing out. High stakes political action.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
hb rarity! i have to go to specsavers for an appointment at 14:50 and i'm thinking about cancelling and playing fire emblem instead

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Happy birthday Rarity, I know I mostly just lurk but u r one of my favourite posters itt and it sounds like you have an excellent day planned

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Look at all of you who haven't started drinking yet, on a Saturday. It should be said that I'm really just topping up from last night

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1185469033589739520

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1185473989050810368

a surprisingly straightforward way to comply with the law: reject reality and substitute one's own

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I really enjoyed the Rob Zands tweets, but now they're not that suitable anymore and a victim of their own success :smith:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Happy birthday Rarity!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Keir's going for a powerful performance

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The minute I read "you don't get to own multiple properties unless you've achieved success by brains, brilliance or birth" I knew it had to be a parody because these sorts of people never acknowledge being born to the right person as a factor in their privilege. :smuggo:

And happy birthday Friend Rarity. You are good people.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i dunno why youd watch parliament at this point, nothings gonna happen by the end of the day its just gonna be more endless poo poo stretching into the future for another 5 years at least

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Happy Birthday, Rarity!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

im watching rugby, similar to Brexit its not good for Ireland

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Maugrim posted:

u r one of my favourite posters itt

Re-examine your life choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i dunno why youd watch parliament at this point, nothings gonna happen by the end of the day its just gonna be more endless poo poo stretching into the future for another 5 years at least

I wanna see what the official Labour pitch is because they need to get people voting for this amendment

Kier's calling them out, Gove's pretending to look through a stack of paper and looking up with a "bluh???" expression every 2 seconds