Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

Who would have thought "Money Winner" and "Lucrative Investment" would be shot in the head after losing.

Trump once owned a really sick mob horse named Alibi and that will never not be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

bee posted:

Government is horrible, but I need to fight the power somehow. I have dollars but little time. Who should I donate to?

Just donate to GetUp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

Just donate to GetUp
yeah

also join a union

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

bee posted:

Government is horrible, but I need to fight the power somehow. I have dollars but little time. Who should I donate to?

me

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

God I want the Unions to just look at all those FTAs and whatever Albo is doing and just form a new party.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

God I want the Unions to just look at all those FTAs and whatever Albo is doing and just form a new party.

Australia For The Workers Party No Blacks

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

Australia For The Workers Party No Blacks

Opposition leader Anthony Albanese will target steel workers in his escalating battle with unions over free trade deals, in a move that sets the Labor movement up for one of its largest policy splits in a decade.

Former Australian Council of Trade Unions president Simon Crean has also urged union leaders to see the bigger picture, arguing free trade deals are good for workers and the economy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Wouldn't it be nice if the racists had to compromise on their racism in exchange for workers rights, rather than it being the other way around?

EDIT: ^^^^ lolololol

EDIT2: Burn your card again 'dav. Stockholm syndrome can only carry Labor so far.

hooman fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 19, 2019

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Nah tbh we're probably just going to roll albo and any anyone else who tries to gently caress us over until we get to Plibersek or some poo poo.

The recent WA ALP conference already caused the MUA WA to disassociate from Unions WA; if the lovely neolibs continue to try to suck Morrisons dick from the back, the unions will either roll those in power or if they can't, the last of the ALP aligned unions will simply tell their members to vote for whoever.

Don't see them starting a party any time soon.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/13561467463/posts/10157468612267464/

Liberal Party makes a post about the end of the white australia policy.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

This country doesn't deserve to survive the climate apocalypse.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

This country doesn't deserve to survive the climate apocalypse.

yeah i was just about to say read the comments lol

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Auspol Sept-Nov: the time for a political solution has long since pasted for our people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

Weren't some moving to the Greens?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Unions won't move to the greens there's career progression in the alp

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Weren't some moving to the Greens?

I'm not aware of any large unions who are officially affiliated with the Greens. I don't expect it either, there's far more room for policy conflict there for a lot of the industrial unions.

Quite a few aren't affiliated with the ALP though. Off the top of my head, CFMMEU, SDA, AWU, CPSU and United Voice are, NTEU, ETU, and I guess the MUA now aren't?

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

gently caress off Anidav.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Brown Paper Bag posted:

https://www.facebook.com/13561467463/posts/10157468612267464/

Liberal Party makes a post about the end of the white australia policy.

Thank you for reminding me again why I don't use facebook.

Anidav posted:

Opposition leader Anthony Albanese will target steel workers in his escalating battle with unions over free trade deals, in a move that sets the Labor movement up for one of its largest policy splits in a decade.

Former Australian Council of Trade Unions president Simon Crean has also urged union leaders to see the bigger picture, arguing free trade deals are good for workers and the economy.

How good is ScoMo for life!?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

I'm not aware of any large unions who are officially affiliated with the Greens. I don't expect it either, there's far more room for policy conflict there for a lot of the industrial unions.

Quite a few aren't affiliated with the ALP though. Off the top of my head, CFMMEU, SDA, AWU, CPSU and United Voice are, NTEU, ETU, and I guess the MUA now aren't?

ETU bounce in and out based on what they want to hold the ALP to ransom over (preselection)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

love to finish my night by reading a bunch of nazi poo poo on the liberal facebook page bc i'm a moron

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BBJoey posted:

love to finish my night by reading a bunch of nazi poo poo on the liberal facebook page bc i'm a moron

Yep nothing like going to be filled with murderous rage against the Nazis.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Blows my mind how many people are willing to boast about being outright white supremacists under their real name publicly on Facebook tbh

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There are enough of them posting for them to feel empowered because normal people don't want to willingly step into that shitstorm, much like YouTube comments.

It is a complete moral failing by Facebook because they will do nothing about it unless a Straight White Christian is offended on religious grounds

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 20, 2019

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Liberal Party's federal council is calling on the Morrison government to force voters to show identification on election day and to have people's names checked off on electronic lists.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

The Liberal Party's federal council is calling on the Morrison government to force voters to show identification on election day and to have people's names checked off on electronic lists.

Hey dinguses, this racism only works in the US because voting isn't compulsory.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How is he in no position to take this further by literally walking into UVs office and saying look at this crazy poo poo

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Because he's an idiot and hasn't paid a union due in his life I'll warrant.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Someone show the comments

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Having a paper trail like that and having your goddamn letterhead on it is amateur hour wage theft.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Someone show the comments

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But the facebook group rules state to never name and shame by the way. Ever

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's loving brain dead. Service industries truly are for the useless ones. Murdoch is right.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

fauna posted:

quality goonmeet concept

I think it's more of a cartoon meet concept.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It was pig and whistle btw for anyone wondering, they go out of the way to imply as much over and over again and every person posting in that thread knows it. The name and shame thing is weird bc it doesn’t apply to illegal activity but most of the group admins are bar owners so it’ll never be enforced fairly. If you steal an eftpos machine from a bar on camera you can guarantee they’ll have their fb profile up there in a couple of days

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It was pig and whistle btw for anyone wondering, they go out of the way to imply as much over and over again and every person posting in that thread knows it. The name and shame thing is weird bc it doesn’t apply to illegal activity but most of the group admins are bar owners so it’ll never be enforced fairly. If you steal an eftpos machine from a bar on camera you can guarantee they’ll have their fb profile up there in a couple of days

seems like someone should make a group without the bosses ???????

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Hey dinguses, this racism only works in the US because voting isn't compulsory.

the far left inner city lefties in labor and their far left allies want to force you to waste your weekend in a line to fill in a huge form nobody outside the canberra bubble cares about. i think REAL AUSSIES should have the FREEDOM to spend it relaxing with their FAMILIES watching the FOOTY and cooking a few SNAGS

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

BBJoey posted:

seems like someone should make a group without the bosses ???????

They did, it’s not that one, I don’t know what to tell you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

People still post in both bc it turns out people who own bars post job ads for bars what a fuckin mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Origsmartassam/status/1185136357435310081?s=20