Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Bloom also increases it because it's not like you can land consistent headshots at long distances (or at least you couldn't when I was playing)

Fortnite was never really about the gunplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

teagone posted:

Building drastically increases TTK in Fortnite though, especially at the high end where players are stupid fast at building. Can't just use damage numbers for comparison; building is a variable that'd have to factor in somehow since it's a core gameplay mechanic.

At least when their "shield" goes down you can kill them in around 1s as opposed to OW where only widow and hanzo can do that with a headshot.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I am. Sick to death. Of Doomfist.

His nerf did nothing.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Macaluso posted:

I am. Sick to death. Of Doomfist.

His nerf did nothing.

People in the tryhard thread were saying they need to nerf his combo rather than rocket punch, and that seems legit to me. Idk how they could do it without breaking him altogether, but then again, I don't care. :argh:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Unsinkabear posted:

People in the tryhard thread were saying they need to nerf his combo rather than rocket punch, and that seems legit to me. Idk how they could do it without breaking him altogether, but then again, I don't care. :argh:

Reduce his gun damage?

Give people some control over their movement when he uppercuts them?

Make him move slower when he seismic slams? Make it louder? Maybe his fist glows when he does it so you can see him better?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If he punches an ulting monkey he goes to jail for the rest of the match

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

doom's good because of the meta, not because his kit is too good. not that the meta is incredibly important in plat or w/e but people watch pro games/t500 streams and mimic what they see there. if you find doomfist annoying, you'll probably always find him annoying. same with widow or hanzo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Manatee Cannon posted:

doom's good because of the meta, not because his kit is too good. not that the meta is incredibly important in plat or w/e but people watch pro games/t500 streams and mimic what they see there. if you find doomfist annoying, you'll probably always find him annoying. same with widow or hanzo

I find Widowmaker and Hanzo(and often Ana and McCree) annoying for a different reason, that being that if someone on your team picks them than 9 times out of 10 they'll end up being a useless waste of space who will refuse to change characters no matter how terribly they're doing*

Also just had a thought, we have multiple Offense Heroes who can do sniper/marksman stuff, and we have Ana for Support, what would a Sniper Tank be like?

*at least on Quickplay

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Also just had a thought, we have multiple Offense Heroes who can do sniper/marksman stuff, and we have Ana for Support, what would a Sniper Tank be like?

Maybe when Mauga comes out they can give him a slow-firing railgun

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

drrockso20 posted:

I find Widowmaker and Hanzo(and often Ana and McCree) annoying for a different reason, that being that if someone on your team picks them than 9 times out of 10 they'll end up being a useless waste of space who will refuse to change characters no matter how terribly they're doing*

Sniper rifle that plunks down 700hp shields at range
10s cooldown
gently caress you

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Sniper tank would be a literal artillery tank that lobs shells from range and can put down feet to form a hard barrier, Kind of like the spider tank in ghost in the shell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hanzo is annoying but whatever. Widow should be deleted from the game. It sucks to get one shot by her poo poo, and if she's on your team, she will literally never switch even if there are 500 shields directly in front of her.

Doom's issue, in the ranks I play at, is that he's borderline unstoppable. CC just doesn't work enough against him. Sombra is pointless because if the wind blows too hard her hacking gets interrupted, and while Mei is probably the best counter to him, he doesn't freeze fast enough and can frequently just kill you before he freezes or he can escape too easily. I dunno what they can do to fix him, I'm not the game developer. I just know there's a Doomfist in almost every game now and it is increasingly not fun to deal with him. Reaper can also feel unstoppable at times but I'm not seeing him nearly as much anymore as I am Doomfist

Pattonesque posted:

Maybe when Mauga comes out they can give him a slow-firing railgun

I hope Mauga comes out at Blizzcon. I don't want to play as the gross foot man, I want to play as cool Evil Maui.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I hope Mauga comes out at Blizzcon. I don't want to play as the gross foot man, I want to play as cool Evil Maui.

It's him or Echo or Sojourn

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

I never want Echo. She is almost as gross as foot man

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Putting my money on yet another mostly-normal human with minor cybernetics that we've never heard of before

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally I hope we'll get another Omnic soon, we still need a Talon Omnic character(or at least one who is a definite bad guy)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I played as Brigitte and I gotta say she's really, stupidly, good and I don't know why everyone plays Moira. Maybe people are really bad with the rocket flail thing, but the amount of healing she shits out is absurd, and all she has to do is smash idiots with the super-long-range flail.

Lucio is still better at effortlessly getting gold healing, though he's probably the most boring/best healer.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Hell yeah, Baguette is the best and that whip shot feels so, so good. I think the hit box on it must be generous, because I struggle with projectiles but I can always land the whip.

People love Moira because she's very hard to kill, she doesn't have the Mercy/Brigitte problem where your healing can lock onto the wrong person in a blob, and her kit makes you feel impactful and good even when you're not. New Brigitte, on the other hand, makes it very clear when you're not playing her right because you're dead. I really, really hated her revamp at first. But goddamn the healing is insane, and once you stop relying on the shield you can still live on the point and stun Moiras to death all day.

Her best highlight intro is a Halloween exclusive, so buy it now if you want to trigger everyone's PTSD from her stun combo days.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 19, 2019

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

had a dream the other night that blizzard added a new character to the game who was just the foot man but he walked on the ground, and wore a mask. he used animations ripped from soldier 76 for his movement and gun, but he had genji's ultimate and winston's leap. blizzard posted an extremely long article talking about how proud they were to save money on their new character and how great they are at reusing content to make something new. everyone hated it. he was just literally the gravity guy with the wrong character's animations stuck on him, complete with all the weird deforming that would cause

im pretty sure this is the future of blizzard's development process though

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
had a dream last night that overwatch introduced an ammo-less floating shield tank with CC aoe ministun and an uninterruptable CCing ult to the game, but it wasn't a dream it was overwatch two months ago and we were all expected to take it seriously but then destiny 2 went free to play in october, and is moderately good after all these years.

if you feel inclined to play destiny pvp--not at all predominant, but totally supported!--you can win the round by... my goodness i hope you're sitting down: you win the round by shooting the other person. its like someone made Overwatch, but everyone gets to play DPS! we finally have that technology. where we can play the game where everyone just shoots people with asymmetric loadouts and possibly skill. we finally did that. you're already booting up the blizzard launcher you might as well

*puts hand to earpiece*

I am receiving new information about Destiny and blizzard;

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Destiny 2's PvP is pretty fun for a f2p game. Ultimates still exist and are dumb but other than that, ability design is a lot more sensible (except for seismic strike, gently caress you bungie)

Destiny 2 also feels like it has a better and more consistent TTK. It feels like I often randomly die from full HP in Overwatch due to some off-screen hanzo main or some other poo poo, whereas in Destiny 2 my deaths typically feel deserved. I guess the main difference is that Bungie's game feels like a game designed by a dev that's been making these games for 15 years. The only real problem I have with the game is that there's some weird looter shooter thing attached to the PvP arenas and I couldn't give less of a gently caress about that. Also the game is a massive aesthetic and atmospheric downgrade from Halo, rip.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
While I really hate ten minute queues for DPS I'm learning to make the best of them. It seems there are an endless amount of 2-5 minute chores as an adult, so I jump in the queue and get some poo poo done between matches. It's great for folding laundry, putting clean dishes away, tidying up, etc. Though I'd much rather be freezing people with Mei constantly!

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

The DPS queue has forced me to play support and now I think I might be enjoying it and improving. Lucio is cool and there's always something to improve on with him that makes a tangible difference.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

had a dream last night that overwatch introduced an ammo-less floating shield tank with CC aoe ministun and an uninterruptable CCing ult to the game, but it wasn't a dream it was overwatch two months ago and we were all expected to take it seriously but then destiny 2 went free to play in october, and is moderately good after all these years.

if you feel inclined to play destiny pvp--not at all predominant, but totally supported!--you can win the round by... my goodness i hope you're sitting down: you win the round by shooting the other person. its like someone made Overwatch, but everyone gets to play DPS! we finally have that technology. where we can play the game where everyone just shoots people with asymmetric loadouts and possibly skill. we finally did that. you're already booting up the blizzard launcher you might as well

*puts hand to earpiece*

I am receiving new information about Destiny and blizzard;

If the thing you want from an FPS is “everyone shoots each other with standard real-world guns and nobody does anything but damage” then I have good news

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Waiting for a long DPS queue is only worth it if you play Torb and anger everyone on both teams because your team thinks Torb is bad, while the other team is dying to a turret that they're all ignoring.

If you go through a long DPS queue to play, like, S76 then lol.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Sometimes I miss playing as 'support torb' and his armor packs. I wonder what the game would look like now with role queue if you ciuld pick Old Torb as a support...

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Guigui posted:

Sometimes I miss playing as 'support torb' and his armor packs. I wonder what the game would look like now with role queue if you ciuld pick Old Torb as a support...

IIRC, armor pack Torb wasn't Support, he was Defense. Sym was the one that was originally a Support.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Symm's old ability to just throw blue space goop on teammates was really nice

her shield machine was also very good

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Guigui posted:

Just wait another ten years and we'll get "Overwatch classic".

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

headcase posted:

Sniper tank would be a literal artillery tank that lobs shells from range and can put down feet to form a hard barrier, Kind of like the spider tank in ghost in the shell.

Sounds pretty neat tbh, but

Pattonesque posted:

is the most likely scenario, unless the leaks are real and it will just be Overwatch 2 and no new hero

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of Blizzcon: with the whole HK fiasco and the Switch port being particularly bad, are there any adjustments announced for how the con is being held? It seems like there's too many things that can go pear shaped very quickly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I saw some leaks for Blizzcon and I don't like what I heard about Overwatch 2. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be interested if you can level up characters for PvP

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm having trouble getting push-to-talk to work with my Logitech H570e Mono USB headset to work just right with Overwatch.

All I want is for it to let me hear voice chat in the headset speaker, and let me assign a keyboard button to talk. That's it. For some reason I am having trouble getting Blizzard's system to work correctly with it.

BTW I still enjoy just running around as Mercy and basically playing medic. It's rewarding enough, for now; but I want to start making some friends in the community and chat with them in-game.

Between Windows 10 and Blissard's chat setup and Logitech's own buttons I feel like there might be a conflict I need to resolve.

Can anyone help?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Set your headset as primary comms device in the windows sound thing ( Sound Control Panel ), then set your voice to Default Communications Device in Overwatch ?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSldKeLWOY

A bunch of Sigma's conversations with other characters are in there, although it's only his part. There's also kill quotes and what he says absorbing people's ults. I'm banging my fists on the table demanding to know who he tried to invite on a date though!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That video is great. Without the other halves, it sounds like everybody responds to everything Sigma says by staring at him in silent confusion.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
This game is incredibly frustrating to solo queue comp. Teams are such trash. I'm 2100 dps and support, but my tank is down at 1450 (and keeps dropping) I usually like queueing tank for the short queue times, but man is it hard to want to play.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Isn't Sigma supposed to be absolutely tweaked out of his loving mind to the point he doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing? How is he even able to hold coherent conversations?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Just came back to the game after like 9 months of not playing it, and as a Moira main, wow, what a meta. I've become one of those 4 gold medal Moira stereotypes.

I don't understand the game enough to know what's going on beyond the Sigma and Orisa shields being a big part of why I'm a god now, but I like it. Every engagement favours me now and I never feel frustrated with Moira like I did before.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I Said No posted:

Isn't Sigma supposed to be absolutely tweaked out of his loving mind to the point he doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing? How is he even able to hold coherent conversations?

Overwatch is nigh unique among media properties in that the main official thing is not cannon and the expanded universe is.