Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Time never advances in the background. It only advances during dialogue. (And also apparently it stop advancing for good each night at 2 AM.)
Huh. That has to be like a bug, right? What's even the point of a daily cycle if you can just do all the tedious exploring at the end of the day with no repercussions?

Serious question though, where do you get a map of the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You get a map of the city on the second floor of the bookshop, on the corkboard. And exploration not taking time is good imo, you're there to talk to people, not try to plan out the most efficient routes to x/y/z

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Huh. That has to be like a bug, right? What's even the point of a daily cycle if you can just do all the tedious exploring at the end of the day with no repercussions?

Because there’s very little you can do at that time anyway

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 19, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Neurosis posted:

I only got a bit of that - the 2mm hole which I suspected had something to do with the memory loss. I didn't say that was the cause of the memory loss at the end, though. I evicted those kids from their tent in good boring cop fashion.

Also, that Dei chick sounded creepy as hell.

I did try and float the hole in the world as the cause of memory loss, but the precinct shoots it down. Apparently Harry has done this sort of thing before, to a lesser extent, leading to the conclusion that he was taking practice runs at exactly how hard he'd need to party to turn himself into a blank slate and forget all the pain.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I really enjoy how many people notice and make comments if you run everywhere. Kinda wanna do an all walking run now.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Since game time doesn't matter for walking, there should be a fast travel option.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this game doesnt need fast travel but auto travel for long walks would be nice

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I was surprised you can't just click and hold to keep moving in the same direction

There's some situations where its not clear exactly where the floor is to click on and its kinda awkward

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, I made a fool of myself in front of my entire police department...and then doubled down on it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Because there’s very little you can do at that time anyway
Pawn shop, yacht girl, ledger, Cuno. That's enough to waste most of the day otherwise.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 19, 2019

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Tricky posted:

I did try and float the hole in the world as the cause of memory loss, but the precinct shoots it down. Apparently Harry has done this sort of thing before, to a lesser extent, leading to the conclusion that he was taking practice runs at exactly how hard he'd need to party to turn himself into a blank slate and forget all the pain.

Yeah, the thing is everyone lays it out for you. Your ex left you because you caught the Sad working your job for so long, and started to lose your poo poo a little. This is well before the hole, well before the drinking, it's just you. Big Sad. And the junior member of your task force says you've that you've had blanks before, just not to this extent. The problem with Harry is he's a cop and he's good at it and that hurts. Whatever paranormal connection you may have to the wider reality may or not influence your Sad, and your girlfriend leaving you in a fairly brutal manner [There's references to past abortions she's gotten because they were too poor to start a family, the fact that Harry only got the job and worked so hard for a promotion for her, and that she's currently pregnant with someone else's child when she leaves. It's....not the best.], but mostly you are just Sad. Ultimately Harry lost his memory because he wanted to lose his memory.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

God help me but so far I've been only good about not save scumming except for Visual Calculus (because the graphics and everything for it is so insane and hilariously weird), but I just refused to give Cuno the gram, told him the truth about his dad, and tried to give him a push in the right direction after breaking through with him last time. I kinda want to save scum because I feel terrible thinking there's a better result for him that I failed to achieve. The writing and people are just incredible, they've turned me into a paternalistic liberal :negative:

Thankfully, there's replays, of which there is going to be many

Palpek posted:

drat, I made a fool of myself in front of my entire police department...and then doubled down on it.

ya, getting roasted like that was a beautiful start coming after the Murder Tie Incident

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
That is very different than the ending I got Mulva. Maybe I will get that ending for my second play through, the Sad Cop.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean what did you get different?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Apocalypse Cop high Physical Instrument ending spoilers. So at the end when I asked about myself I found out that I was a Gym Teacher before I joined the force, which apparently explained all the FALN tracksuit stuff I was getting, how I could do a 360 spin kick, and a bunch of other crazy physical feats I did, and how I could run everywhere. When asking about my Ex I found out she wasn't my wife, there was no mention of her being pregnant or being why I worked for a promotion or anything. They basically said she was unbelievably beautiful and then she did me wrong, left me in a bad way and that caused me to start to kind of give up on life and start drinking. So for my character it seems like he didn't start falling apart until she left me.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Wheres the old fish market?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

poe meater posted:

Wheres the old fish market?

northwest the fisher village, near the old church

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Oh no, in the final dream you confront the moment she broke up with you, and if you go through all the choices you learn a lot about their relationship. You also learn some of it from your badge and the thoughts you collect and other poo poo too. She just increased a process that was already going on [For instance, you were talking to aspects of your personality well before the drinking]. Everyone gets the gym teacher part, your stats and actions just influence what they talk about. For instance, Kim says it's the reason I'm good with kids.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I did not do the whole last dream thing, didn't know about it in my first playthrough so maybe that changes things?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Oh noooooooo, I found my badge. :negative:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You naive leftists may have turned your egg head into a communist, but here I present my magnum opus:

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I think I finially isolated my issue and did a proper bug report. Completing the thought "The Insulindian Miracle" (re-enable all white checks) breaks my ability to save. Has anyone completed that thought without any problems?
It's possibly a combination of multiple thoughts - other people have reported issues with the cabinet - and that one is just my tipping point.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’m sorry Kim, we can no longer be friends. :mad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

asking him if he was any good at pinball because he seemed to know a lot about it was an exercise in slamming on the brakes

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

KoldPT posted:

I got stuck in the church questline bc interacting with the ice cream machine in the basement isn't working! I did a bug report so I'm hoping they can get to it soon, because I don't really want to stop playing.

I figured it out: somehow I managed to get the macguffin and print it out from elsewhere, so the quest progressed.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Epic High Five posted:

asking him if he was any good at pinball because he seemed to know a lot about it was an exercise in slamming on the brakes

If you have high encyclopedia your character remembers the name Kimball and it turns out he hates pinball and delinquency because he spent a bunch of time undercover in a juvenile gang and he had to train for months to become a pinball master as part of it earning him the nickname of Kimball. It also explains why he really really does not want to be known as the ice bear cop

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hub Cat posted:

If you have high encyclopedia your character remembers the name Kimball and it turns out he hates pinball and delinquency because he spent a bunch of time undercover in a juvenile gang and he had to train for months to become a pinball master as part of it earning him the nickname of Kimball. It also explains why he really really does not want to be known as the ice bear cop

yeah, I got most of that about it, apparently the first place my sorry cop went tho was racism

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Well gently caress you too brain :mad:

e: oh god why did I ask for the number of combinations

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Control Volume posted:

Lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

freakin GoG cloud saves aren't working now I'm carting my save files around on a flash drive like some kind of animal :argh:

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Control Volume posted:

tbh this and the interspersed choices of ongoing reaction is one of the hardest laughs this game got from me.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

There is so much funny poo poo in this game, pretty much any time a game tries to do comedy I cringe the whole time but they got it just right here.

"Glowing lungs hosed up"

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 19, 2019

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

If you open up the inventory in the EDM tent, your character is actually tapping his foot and getting into the beat

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Okay, one thing I really liked about this game is that it acknowledged the fact that I didn't once have any drugs or alcohol throughout it, and in fact internalized the thought that makes you decided to finally go sober.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Okay I'm stumped on something. I'm on day 5 now and I have no idea how to open the blue door in the kitchen. Any hints? I don't have the physique to kick down the door on the roof, assuming that's related.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm at a loss here too, late-game spoilers

where do i find the shooter's vantage point? land's end was a bust, i can see a staircase behind the mural on the boardwalk but no way to reach it, and i have no idea at all how to get to the islands for the third location

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Harrow posted:

Okay I'm stumped on something. I'm on day 5 now and I have no idea how to open the blue door in the kitchen. Any hints? I don't have the physique to kick down the door on the roof, assuming that's related.

Check the windows where the Hardie boys are.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Can you access the balcony where Klaasje is? There are two separate doors leading back from there

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

As far as I know, kicking it down is the only way in. I dont think its strictly required though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Control Volume posted:

As far as I know, kicking it down is the only way in. I dont think its strictly required though.

You can enter it the other way to learn where the key is.