Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

jabby posted:

It has to be done by 11pm, but expect Boris to delay as long as possible and then refuse to confirm that he's sent it.

Purpose being of course to delay the news cycle turning into "Boris asks for extension" as long as possible, ideally after the Sunday papers have gone to print.

Like they won't just be printing "noble PM betrayed by parliament" anyway

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
a new customs union amendment prohibiting product checks across the Irish sea might win enough DUP and Tory rebel support - it sinks Johnson's agreement by ensuring that the backstop question cannot be evaded by finessing the difference between customs checks and product checks

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I suspected it the last time you posted pictures, but now I know you've stolen my cat! They look exactly the same, down to the white tummy and chest, and white socks on paws.

So I'm going to need you to pet the cat.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

So did the government pull the vote so nothing was passed, or was the amended bill passed unopposed because the govt weren't there?

I've seen people saying both these things.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

marktheando posted:

So did the government pull the vote so nothing was passed, or was the amended bill passed unopposed because the govt weren't there?

Letwin narrowly passed, after which the government pulled the main vote.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

ronya posted:

a new customs union amendment prohibiting product checks across the Irish sea might win enough DUP and Tory rebel support - it sinks Johnson's agreement by ensuring that the backstop question cannot be evaded by finessing the difference between customs checks and product checks

This isn't a bad idea. It would act as a wrecking amendment but allow certain Labour MPs to say they didn't vote against a deal. And it'd be hard during debate for Boris to hold together the whip for specifically permitting a border down the Irish sea.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

marktheando posted:

Bill passed as amended as I understand? I thought the former too initially.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I've been seeing my family and getting drunk; have we left the EU yet

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

marktheando posted:

https://twitter.com/PARLYapp/status/1185554624436146177
They specifically did not pull the vote, because they couldn't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume it went through on the shout?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ronya posted:

you're still gonna need someone to go to brussels with mandate to negotiate that customs union and stuff

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

you're still gonna need someone to go to brussels with mandate to negotiate that customs union and stuff

Not really, because at that point he'd probably pull support for the deal himself. And if he didn't and it passed 'as amended', it would essentially count as a rejection and we'd just have an election instead.

All that matters is either voting down or wrecking Johnson's deal somehow. Everything hinges on that.

Although if it does pass I suppose calling an immediate VONC might be the emergency back up plan.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It's important to state that there are two votes planned: a vote approving the deal, and then the vote on the Withdrawal Act. The first was amended and went through on a nod, the second hasn't happened.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

marktheando posted:

The original motion as on the order paper was:

quote:

That, in light of the new deal agreed with the European Union, which enables the
United Kingdom to respect the result of the referendum on its membership of the
European Union and to leave the European Union on 31 October with a deal, and for
the purposes of section 1(1)(a) of the European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 2) Act 2019 and
section 13(1)(b) of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, this House approves the
negotiated withdrawal agreement titled Agreement on the withdrawal of the United
Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the
European Atomic Energy Community and the framework for the future relationship titled
Political Declaration setting out the framework for the future relationship between the
European Union and the United Kingdom that the United Kingdom has concluded with
the European Union under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union, as well as a
Declaration by Her Majesty’s Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Northern Ireland concerning the operation of the Democratic consent in Northern Ireland
provision of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland, copies of these three documents
which were laid before this House on Saturday 19 October

with Amendment (a) submitted by Oliver Letwin which was

quote:

Line 3, leave out from “deal,” to end and add “this House has considered the matter
but withholds approval unless and until implementing legislation is passed.”

This passed after division with 322 for and 306 against

so the Motion itself became

quote:

That, in light of the new deal agreed with the European Union, which enables the
United Kingdom to respect the result of the referendum on its membership of the
European Union and to leave the European Union on 31 October with a deal, this House has considered the matter
but withholds approval unless and until implementing legislation is passed

which was passed without Division ([Speaker] "As many of that opinion say Aye" "AYE" "On the contrary no" [no response] "I think the ayes have it, the ayes have it")

The second motion on the order paper

quote:

That this House approves the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European
Union under Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union on exit day, without a withdrawal
agreement as defined in section 20(1) of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018.

Was then Not Moved by the whip leading to Points of Order and Adjournment thereafter

Order paper for reference: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201920/cmagenda/OP191019.pdf

Doccykins fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 19, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol that you can write amendments that say "leave out from 'the' to end and instead say 'my balls'"

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
What’s the status of a second referendum/confirmatory vote?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Amendment proposed for Tuesday iirc

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://twitter.com/AzzaBamboo/status/1185625425952808962

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I spent the afternoon playing WoW and I getting good loot drops then I had teriyaki pork and udon noodles for dinner, now I'm gonna crash my mate's birthday party. Not giving a poo poo about politics until Wednesday at the earliest :D

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh, hell yes you did mention he was doing the vote on your birthday. Happy(?) Birthday in that instance!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lol

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1185628435554734080?s=20

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rarity posted:

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I spent the afternoon playing WoW and I getting good loot drops then I had teriyaki pork and udon noodles for dinner, now I'm gonna crash my mate's birthday party. Not giving a poo poo about politics until Wednesday at the earliest :D
Good WoW or modern?

I'm kidding I kind of like modern.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Isn't WoW like really bad? Not just gameplay wise but pandering to brutal regimes bad?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Ratjaculation posted:

Isn't WoW like really bad? Not just gameplay wise but pandering to brutal regimes bad?

Check the name of the Blizzard subforum

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1185565358897467392?s=20

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

*the sound of every news outlet scrutinising such a statement instead of just copy and pasting it under a headline*

lol not

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Check the name of the Blizzard subforum

It's a good name imho

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Oh god please let it all come crashing down

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Westminster had better brace itself for the arrival of the entire Orange Order in the next couple of days :laugh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU

:golfclap:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh yeah that's been up since just after the vote lol.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
So was this meaningful vote meaningful?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The PM will not ask for a delay:
He will get some aide to write and send the letter for him

He will tell EU leaders there should be no more delays and we should get Brexit done by October 31st:
He will tell them, yes. The approximate amount of fucks they will give is zero.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Rarity posted:

Hell yes girl!!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm going to need that gif again of glorious brittane leaving the EU and falling into a watery abyss

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

crispix posted:

Westminster had better brace itself for the arrival of the entire Orange Order in the next couple of days :laugh:

Quick, Brexit now so they can't get back into NI!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Toronto mayor John Tory, proving that all Tories only want one thing, and it's loving disgusting

https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/261236608441933827?s=19

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I love that man :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Pochoclo posted:

The PM will not ask for a delay:
He will get some aide to write and send the letter for him

He will tell EU leaders there should be no more delays and we should get Brexit done by October 31st:
He will tell them, yes. The approximate amount of fucks they will give is zero.

Maybe he'll post an actual letter by the slowest option available.