Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Don't give up, raiding is some of the best money you can get in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Average Bear posted:

Don't give up, raiding is some of the best money you can get in the game.

Sorry probably wasn’t very clear. I gave up on using raiding to raise my MA above 50, I reformed Germanic Paganism through having all holy sites. Went with Warmongering, SoR, Meritocracy and Temporal.

There will be a lot more raiding now! :unsmigghh:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Red_Fred posted:

Sorry probably wasn’t very clear. I gave up on using raiding to raise my MA above 50, I reformed Germanic Paganism through having all holy sites. Went with Warmongering, SoR, Meritocracy and Temporal.

There will be a lot more raiding now! :unsmigghh:

Just be aware, county conversions will be slow, as only your vassals that are zealous will actually try and covert places.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

that seems fine, if you convert all the Christians then who will you raid

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

a fatguy baldspot posted:

that seems fine, if you convert all the Christians then who will you raid

They mean conversion of newly-conquered territory. The Nature of the reformed religion affects AI behavior re: converting province religions. Peaceful and Cosmopolitan AIs will never attempt to convert province religions. Warmongering AIs will only convert provinces if the local religion is in the same religious group (i.e. Pagan), and even then only if the AI is Zealous. Unyielding AIs will only convert provinces if they're Zealous. Dogmatic AIs will only convert provinces if the local religion is in the same religious group. Proselytizing AIs will always be convertin'.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOXhOxEum0

CK3 IS HAPPENING

e: blurry as poo poo but this screenshot shows a perk system with what appears to be three tiers and lifestyles per stat.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 19, 2019

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making

Anticheese posted:

CK3 IS HAPPENING

e: blurry as poo poo but this screenshot shows a perk system with what appears to be three tiers and lifestyles per stat.

It is up on steam already with a few pictures and the video

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Well gently caress

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The RPS article suggests that if you fail to role-play adequately, your character could become stressed, with all the fun that comes fr- [died of stress, aged 21]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anticheese posted:

CK3 IS HAPPENING

:allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's cool how the nice man gave that baby a pet snake :3:

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

kingturnip posted:

The RPS article suggests that if you fail to role-play adequately, your character could become stressed, with all the fun that comes fr- [died of stress, aged 21]

Always wanted something like this. In CK2 every ruler feels like he's somewhere on a linear scale of quality, I rarely thought about the next ruler something like "at least people will like him", I only wanted money and armies from them.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Paradox have put out an official Game Vision Statement for CK3.

https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/hello-world

Here's the section that seems most important, imo.

quote:

Crusader Kings has always been a game about characters. The actions of individuals are central to the Crusader Kings vision. In CK3, we will make the connections between the player and the character they control even stronger. We want players to experience unique stories in a historically authentic setting, and that is easier when virtually every feature is designed around characters; stories in which flavorful characters with their own personality quirks are part of stranger than life playthroughs.

Naturally, we want to improve how Crusader Kings looks. CK2 has rather dated graphics by now, and we have spent considerable effort on making CK3 look great – particularly the character portraits, but everything from the map to the interfaces has also gotten a serious facelift.

I should emphasize that we will not be bringing along everything that is currently in Crusader Kings II. The most highly praised or useful features from Crusader Kings II and its expansions will certainly join us in CK3, but obviously not everything could make the cut. This is in no way a return to the seemingly bare bones days of 2012: Crusader Kings III lets us keep what we love, change what we do not and bring new interesting features to the table. To learn more about the specifics, check in on our regular developer diaries on the official forums and our video updates on YouTube.

No great shock that CK3 launch is going to be less feature-complete than CK2 with all the DLC, but they do seem committed to giving us more than bare bones CK2 does.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah they outright confirmed merchant republics and nomads aren't making the cut on the sitdown chat stream, but on the bright side it looks like they had so much fun with the doctrine system that they made it a core part of the game.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it looks like way of life is pretty much included, wanna see that stewardship focus tree.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah they outright confirmed merchant republics and nomads aren't making the cut on the sitdown chat stream, but on the bright side it looks like they had so much fun with the doctrine system that they made it a core part of the game.

i hope that means the muslims and pagans are fully playable from launch

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Davincie posted:

i hope that means the muslims and pagans are fully playable from launch

Didn’t they say the whole map was playable day 1? Presumably with some scale of how much content they have from the get go.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Oh drat back to Christianity again lmao

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anno posted:

Didn’t they say the whole map was playable day 1? Presumably with some scale of how much content they have from the get go.

i dont know, i didnt watch the stream

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Going to spend 60% of my salary and 90% of my work and free time for this.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Wyld Karde posted:

No great shock that CK3 launch is going to be less feature-complete than CK2 with all the DLC, but they do seem committed to giving us more than bare bones CK2 does.

And that's good. A lot of stuff in CK2 feels shoehorned as if it's a mod. During development they didn't even think that chqracters would ever be as important as they are. Now they start with the right understanding of the scope. They won't have to remove "kill dude for cash" button or expand decisions list to show more than 4 options.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Just booted up the ck2 launcher it looks like there's going to be little missions and challenges to unlock cosmetic items in ck3. First one is play King Konan of Brittany and try to screw over William the Bastard's dynasty.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The devs says they're not going to use "deus vult" because they don't want to effectively state support for politics they don't support and reddit is unsurprisingly having a baby temper tantrum it rules

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/dk64zl/its_understandable_that_people_are_upset_with/

look at these fools

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Tulip posted:

The devs says they're not going to use "deus vult" because they don't want to effectively state support for politics they don't support and reddit is unsurprisingly having a baby temper tantrum it rules

Seems like a strange line in sand to draw in a game about killing family members and other terrible actions, but whatever. I wonder why they even specifically brought it up, I doubt anyone would have even noticed if they didn’t say anything. It’s not like anyone is going to notice that a pop up that says “God Wills It!” instead of “Deus Vult”, and if they do they are a weirdo.

Edit: hopefully we get some new 7 deadly sins ad videos, those were pretty good for ck2

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 19, 2019

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
It looks like that Game Vision Statement got taken down or maybe moved? Anyone know where it's at?

I am pumped as gently caress for this game, CKII was my gateway in to Paradox Grand Strategy. I really hope the ground-up focus on characters in CKIII means that they will be actually be bound by space and time and no longer able to teleport across the globe at will.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Tulip posted:

The sensible thing would have been just to... not use it. Remove it and don't even bring it up.

Why give nuts something to latch on to?

CK3 though.... exciting!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I honestly don't know how anyone can be right of mind to think that dumb internet memes of an 11th century battle cry are "dog whistling memes for vile nazis" and they seem to be doubling down on that for some bizarre reason.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Wasn't it RPS that asked, not Paradox just randomly throwing it out there?

I also don't think it's as needless or arbitrary as some of you are saying, it as a specific phrase has turned into kind of a white supremacist thing in the years since CK2 came out. Just like there's no swastikas in flags and poo poo despite it having been a common symbol, it's a pretty natural thing to just not include this time around, it's not like it defined the era or anything, it was just something a pope said once.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I rolled my eyes a little at that paragraph in the RPS preview (CK2's representation of non-white non-Christians has been fine) but the usual ilk immediately proving that removing deus vult was the correct decision is pretty satisfying.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Huh, color me shocked. The increased focus on characters has my interest, especially if they kept in Hellenism. Though probably not out of all the pagan stuff since that was an easter egg but a girl can dream. As well I hope it has the full suite of options to play women in from the start. IR kinda dropped the ball on that. It had gender equality but only true cognatic was available. There's no enatic options, and since succession laws are hard coded you can't make it happen, at least to me knowledge. I hope enatic is in the files for modders to unlock if nothing else.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Goddamn that looks good. I'm sad I don't have the time to join the beta program like I did for ck2, but that just means more things to learn about once it releases.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Seems to be a really small bunch of people whining about Deus Vult, but they sure are loving loud about it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's a pretty major feature for people who use the game as a racism simulator, no surprise they're upset

there's gonna be a day one 'deus vult' mod though

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'm here for the Islam, baby!!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If nothing else, I'm excited for the mod possibilities.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's not like it's a big move, since I don't think "deus vult" appears too many places. It is one of the famous crusade quotes, but I feel like they acknowledged long ago how the Crusades aren't the main focus of the game anyways.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

I'm here for the Islam, baby!!!

Hopefully Muslims will be playable from start, my first playthrough with Swords of Islam was as a custom character creating uniting the Iberia peninsula under the Sultans of Swing,

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Tulip posted:

Lmao yes Yes YES :sicko:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I do hope we get to have more customization towards our armies, retinues, and states this go-around. Being able to slowly move your empire towards a certain military style was kind of doable in CK2 but it eventually turned into just big blobs with composition often being more headache than it was worth.

I'd really just like to be able to keep a small area and develop it to the Nth degree with a hits-harder-than-its-size professional military. Then just gently caress around with my neighbors and keep my borders. Basically Toussaint from The Witcher universe. I want to play as Toussaint.