Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
really looking forward to the chunkymark video about today's vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

jBrereton posted:

Right, but they can't precision target the PM with a confidence vote that is legally binding and specific to the PM, there has to be the risk of a general election or a vote that says "actually the government is fine. sorry. never mind."

A PM is just the head of a government. The idea of "precision targeting" the PM separately is meaningless.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

i say swears online posted:

do all British men have dicknames

i, lord cockington of the realm, take offense to this sir,

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bryter posted:

A PM is just the head of a government. The idea of "precision targeting" the PM separately is meaningless.
I agree but that doesn't mean Labour hasn't floated voting no confidence in the PM (and May before Bojo) despite the fact that it doesn't mean anything at all or have any impact on anything.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gently caress you my irl name is Boabie Chuntershaft

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

it’s how they amuse themselves on their lovely island

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hentai Jihadist posted:

gently caress you my irl name is Boabie Chuntershaft

chuntershaft me from a sedentary position mylord

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1185633016053452800

oops the deal cant be voted on anymore time to go back to brussels and negotiate a new one

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1185632892547932161?s=19

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1185628435554734080

:sad:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i cannot loving wait for another brexit delay, which will lead to another brexit delay, and then further down the line another brexit delay, and then as i'm entering retirement age there will be news of another brexit delay, and then as i rot in the ground i'll be shaken back to life by brexit being delayed again, and as the sun expands to a red giant that engulfs the earth brexit will get delayed another few months

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
In Which Our Boy Boris Does A Crime

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
it suddenly strikes me as odd that the term "Brexit" is used in like official correspondence et cetera. You'd think it would be popular/media shorthand and the PM would say "our separation from the European Union" in formal contexts, but nope: Brexit.

BREXIT

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Old Story posted:

it suddenly strikes me as odd that the term "Brexit" is used in like official correspondence et cetera. You'd think it would be popular/media shorthand and the PM would say "our separation from the European Union" in formal contexts, but nope: Brexit.

BREXIT

It's in the oed so they get to use it as an official word

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Parliament trying to Dominate Bojo, but he just cast Protection From Law so he doesn't even have to make a Save.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1185637142065811456

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lmao brexit never ends

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

this is the Brexit that never end
yes it goes on and on my friend

some gammons started brexiting , not knowing it what is was
and they're still brexiting
just because
(repeat until the heat death of the universe)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Boris: I will not send a letter. I will break the law not to send a letter.
Some aide, whispering in his ear: you may actually be punished in some token way if you break this particular law. maybe.
Boris: oh gently caress *tells the eu he's going to send a letter*

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Now that brexit is averted, how soon before bojo gets the boot

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

*Boris sends the EU a giant letter B stolen from a BBC set*

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Reality Sinner posted:

Now that brexit is averted, how soon before bojo gets the boot

if the extension goes through about 2 days.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

It's in the oed so they get to use it as an official word

There's no such thing as an "official word" op. The OED (and other dictionaries) might add a word to its dictionary, but there's no official body that governs what is correct in the English language, like there is in some other languages :)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

but there's no official body that governs what is correct in the English language, like there is in some other languages :)

Not yet. *laughs in Brussels*

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
no language has an official body that governs what is correct

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1185662562232393731?s=09

Wuss

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Zoran posted:

no language has an official body that governs what is correct

hon hon hon

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol that Boris spent his entire career trying to be PM and then he gets it and it's just a shitshow and he gets canned

(thats what I can piece together anyway)

also lol is Jacob Rees-Mogg a real person?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Apparently the letter begins with *Siiiiiigh* and then the whole thing is in quotation marks.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

EU should sent a letter back: FIX YOUR loving ISLAND.

You get 10 years delay to do it :)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1185661904427143171?s=20

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Boris Johnson will send letter to EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay, but he will draw tiny dicks all over it and poo in the envelope - No 10 source

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I can confirm the prime minister rubbed his willy all over the email before sending it so good luck eurocrat!!!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

spacemang_spliff posted:

also lol is Jacob Rees-Mogg a real person?

To put it bluntly, no, apparently not...

"There are, as you'd expect, the dietary details which go towards the picture of Rees-Mogg as a lovable eccentric. At Oxford, he confides to a friend that something has "gone wrong" with a loaf of Sunblest - "It had gone green. He'd bought it four weeks before and stored it on top of his radiator." Unable or rather unwilling to cook, he survives on cheese and Bath Oliver biscuits when no-one is around to wait on him."

"What is truly striking though is how much Jacob Rees-Mogg's diet resembles a Private Eye parody of Jacob's Rees-Mogg's diet. The great Craig Brown could not have done better."

"His sweet tooth is a theme. A former flatmate tells us Rees-Mogg has "sugar on everything, including Frosties". At Claridge's, he always orders chocolate soufflé. He has a penchant for Cadbury's Creme Eggs, stacking up to 60 on his desk at one time."

The article goes into more detail but watch for pop-ups from that site.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It took 88 days for Bojo to outpissbaby Trump, but here we are.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Old Story posted:

BREXIT

It's been ridiculous the whole time, it's barely a word, but it's the only one on anyone's lips. The proliferation of such a crude portmanteau to the highest reaches of power and most official channels is a wonderful example of the destablizing capabilities and idiocy of the ideas which the word represents. It's one of the most beautiful words in the english language, in a way, because it takes a thousands of years of resentment and history and politics and culture, as well as a complex seemingly endless and nightmarish situation and condenses it into two simple and ugly syllables. It rolls off my tongue like a mouthful of chalk dust, and says everything I could hope to much better than I ever possibly could. Brexit.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This whole thing is so weird. Are we sure these are real people in play?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

gschmidl posted:

Bojo
Trump

:thunk:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

^^^ Mhmmmm

Oh BST means Brexit Stupid Time

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

gschmidl posted:

It took 88 days for Bojo to outpissbaby Trump, but here we are.

If my calculations are correct... when this pissbaby hits 88 days... you're gonna see some serious poo poo. *back to the future theme plays*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

twoday posted:

It's been ridiculous the whole time, it's barely a word, but it's the only one on anyone's lips. The proliferation of such a crude portmanteau to the highest reaches of power and most official channels is a wonderful example of the destablizing capabilities and idiocy of the ideas which the word represents. It's one of the most beautiful words in the english language, in a way, because it takes a thousands of years of resentment and history and politics and culture, as well as a complex seemingly endless and nightmarish situation and condenses it into two simple and ugly syllables. It rolls off my tongue like a mouthful of chalk dust, and says everything I could hope to much better than I ever possibly could. Brexit.