Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any of them worth checking out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rinkles posted:

Any of them worth checking out?

I liked Dungeon Explorers and I remember people liking the PSP Untold Legends a lot more than the PS3 one. A friend really likes Silent Hill but I never actually tried it. I think Dungeon Hunters was Gameloft so I wouldn't expect anything there.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A fair amount of Vita stuff going on sale tomorrow, among them

Persona 4 Golden $9.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 $12.49

Tokyo Xanadu $7.99

Also, wow Valkyria Revolution got a Vita release?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rinkles posted:

Also, wow Valkyria Revolution got a Vita release?

Yup that's the version I played. Take the bad gameplay, characters, and...everything of the game, combine with bad pop in and model distance scaling.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Persona 4 Golden for ten dollars is INSANE

Everyone should already have it, but still

TEN DOLLARS

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hey guys... my orange Japanese Vita 2000 (and memory card and 25~ games) got stolen and I’m trying to figure out which one of these numbers is the serial number. Thanks for any info in advance:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zenintrude posted:

Hey guys... my orange Japanese Vita 2000 (and memory card and 25~ games) got stolen and I’m trying to figure out which one of these numbers is the serial number. Thanks for any info in advance:

The bottom barcode is the unique identifier. From what I can find, a common PCH-2000's JP serial format is 0x-27447230-xxxxxxx.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

So the sticker on the bottom of mine would have read 0x-27447230-9370292 ?

Just wanna make sure since I’m sure if it gets pawned they’ll include the whole number not just the unique numbers

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

zenintrude posted:

So the sticker on the bottom of mine would have read 0x-27447230-9370292 ?

Just wanna make sure since I’m sure if it gets pawned they’ll include the whole number not just the unique numbers

I can't confirm this specifically on a JP Vita, because my NA PCH-2000 is different in that regard, but according to online sellers and auctions that include the serial, that's the format. When I checked last night, my NA Vita was formatted like "something-PCH-2000-xxxxxxx" with those being the unique serial code numbers. Hopefully that's helpful enough.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I have a EU Vita 2000 and the format for the bottom label is "03-27447203 SERIAL No. xxxxxxx-PCH2016."

"03-27447203" seems to just be the model number for EU PCH-2000s, with the serial number being the 7 digits in the second half.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 25, 2019

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Thanks... with this info plus the help of google image search it looks like the serial format is XXXXXXX-PCH200X. Now, hopefully whoever took it is dumb enough to pawn it.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
So I managed to find a Vita TV at a Target near by and I've been working on setting it up. I kinda wanted to go through the normal means of downloading stuff from my psn, but god almighty, is the download list gigantic. Is there some way to scroll that thing faster? It takes a literal minute to get to the bottom to start from there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no download management is really bad on psn

i think the best way is queue stuff with the PSDLE web browser extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/psdle/jdjhhapoddhnimgdemnpbfagndcnmhii?hl=en

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

the best way is actually NPS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NIPS

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

big NPS big life

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fata Morgana is still forty bucks.

lol

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Anyone have an issue with their psv1000 where it takes multiple in-and-outs to get it to start charging? Maybe it’s bc I use crappy 3rd party cables.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Rated PG-34 posted:

Anyone have an issue with their psv1000 where it takes multiple in-and-outs to get it to start charging? Maybe it’s bc I use crappy 3rd party cables.

Nope, and also using crappy third party cables here. The issue I have with mine is that every now and then it doesn't read its memory card, and it takes multiple reboots and putting the card in and out to read it again. I have almost the same problem with the SIM in my 2013 Sony phone.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rated PG-34 posted:

for whatever reason, having it be on when putting the cable in seems to reliably get it working, but that's just my PSV1000

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The guy who was running an indiegogo to fund a switch-like vita dock has gone and vanished from the internet. Fortunately, he at least did honor some orders, and one of the people that got their dock made the source code available. The guy who was commissioned to design the dock has also posted it on thingiverse for free.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3942821

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Does it... work? How do you get an AV signal out of the Vita without modifying it?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The dock is based on already existing plugins, basically putting it all together on a custom raspian build using VLC for a plug-and-play solution.

The bread and butter of the setup is this plugin https://github.com/xerpi/vita-udcd-uvc
It makes it so your computer recognizes your vita as a video device, which then you can output to a media player or a program like OBS. You can pair it with one of the plugins that lets you sync a dualshock to your Vita.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Tech support question: I'm trying to install Darkest Dungeon + Crimson Court, but it's not working. Downloading DD creates two downloads, one named DD (R) and one with just DD. The (R) will install, but the second one and CC just sit there saying 'waiting to install'.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

LaserShark posted:

Tech support question: I'm trying to install Darkest Dungeon + Crimson Court, but it's not working. Downloading DD creates two downloads, one named DD (R) and one with just DD. The (R) will install, but the second one and CC just sit there saying 'waiting to install'.

Hmm, I seem to remember that sometimes you have to install things manually - in the Downloads menu you can push the "..." button, and that should give you an option. Otherwise I've no idea.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Might be worth rebuilding the database

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
There's an original OLED model Vita on my local Facebook marketplace for €50 in what looks like good condition. Is that worth it for an impulse buy, with the intention of putting cfw on it? Bearing in mind I don't have a PS4 so I won't be taking advantage of whatever functionality they have together. I also have no idea what games are on it that are worth playing or how difficult they are to track down.

I have no actual need for this, given that I have a recently bought and modded New3DS, and a Switch with a huge backlog, I'm just wondering if it's particularly worth it as a curiosity or if it's a better emulator for certain generations of games the 3DS can't do for example. Someone give me a clue

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you should buy things you intend to use and care for imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It can play all PS1/PSP games natively with CFW, which is pretty great.
Lots of good emulators too. The screen is a LOT nicer than the N3DS, I have both and the Vita OLED is the nicest screen I've ever seen. The colours are amazing, better than the switch. I love playing SNES and GBA games on it as well, pixel art games look incredible on it.

Basically

Vita for PS1/PSP/PSV/SNES/GBA

N3DS for 3DS/DS

I love both!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Hwurmp posted:

you should buy things you intend to use and care for imo

I absolutely would care for it, and if I bought it it would definitely get used.

From my quick read of modding guides, if it’s the original version it seems like I need at least some capacity of the hilariously expensive proprietary memory card first to be able to install cfw so it can then use the game slot sd card adapter, is that right? Anything else I need to ask the seller about?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's better if you use the original charge cable, as long as you have that and at least a 4gb memory card you're in business.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/frangar/status/1193106897555087361?s=19

Sweet

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is pretty drat sweet!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
oh hot drat that's fantastic

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Might have to finally figure out how to properly install retroarch. Always had some sort of problem.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have no actual need for this, given that I have a recently bought and modded New3DS, and a Switch with a huge backlog, I'm just wondering if it's particularly worth it as a curiosity or if it's a better emulator for certain generations of games the 3DS can't do for example. Someone give me a clue

It's inarguably the best handheld portable for PS1, PSP, and (obviously) vita titles, and it's my favorite for 2D emulation in general except for certain GBA games, but that's about to get fixed. It's a better piece of hardware than anything from Nintendo, and it's been busted wide open for years now so the homebrew community is active and well established.

I bought one because I wanted to play Persona like everyone else, and I've spent more time with that game than any other on the system, but it's really good. I have a hard time deciding between it and the Switch when I travel. Sometimes I bring both.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What are people putting on it to emulate other consoles? Just using the PSP emulator CFW to load PSP retroarch cores?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

What are people putting on it to emulate other consoles? Just using the PSP emulator CFW to load PSP retroarch cores?

I just straight emulated gpSP (without retroarch), because native support was spotty and I could never get RetroArch to work without issue.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I tried to use it for sega cd and turbografx cd emulation and it crashed all the time. the whole thing was a buggy mess and was really disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The proper usage of retroarch is an arcane art