Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Whoever asked about tft; draven with a rageblade, no other dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this card game poo poo decent. i can see the potential here, hopefully the game does not turn into hearthstone

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Narrator:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Hello thread. World's is happening and as a result I've got the league itch again for the first time in over a year. After playing some ranked games the past two days I've determined that League of Legends... is good. :cheers:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
A bold take but I concur

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kung fu jive posted:

Hello thread. World's is happening and as a result I've got the league itch again for the first time in over a year. After playing some ranked games the past two days I've determined that League of Legends... is good. :cheers:

Yes, but have you considered the possibility that League of Legends by Rito James is wood?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Card game good.

Is there a thread for card game? (Not Hearthstone)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I want to try the card game but Inhavent gotten an invite back you. This saddens me greatly.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
There's like 30k people watching rebroadcasted VODs of Disguisedtoast just to increase their chance of getting in the beta; there's a very long line to getting in.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Svensken posted:

Card game good.

Is there a thread for card game? (Not Hearthstone)

not really, we can just talk about it here. what decks are you running?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I got in earlier today and I love Jinx in the card game. I’m trying to make a Jinx/Ezreal/Draven deck, because the play patterns of all 3 have some nice crossover and any two of them leveled up will usually end the game in a turn or two.

So far though Karma seems absolutely disgusting and in general late game strategies or Fiora cheese seems the name of the game in Legends of Runeterra. Also the fact that so many keywords don’t exist on blocking at all makes it very hard to make comebacks if you fall behind.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Are the Champion cards similar to quests in HS? That was my initial impression from the reveal, ugh I really want to try it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Are the Champion cards similar to quests in HS? That was my initial impression from the reveal, ugh I really want to try it

More or less, yeah. Every champion has a specific quest to complete that upgrades the card once it's finished. I'm not a big card game buff, but it looks interesting enough that I'll give it a spin once it enters open beta or whatever.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

CODChimera posted:

similar, but there are some additional intricacies. you can have up to 6 champions in a deck, and when you draw a copy of a champion when you have a champion in play and draw another champion you get an extremely powerful spell card(that usually adds another champion to your deck). that means, if you have 3 copies of 2 champions, you are more likely to get the spell than if you have 2 copies of 3 champions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Specifically champions turn into an associated spell card. For example Noxus has Whirling Death as a spell, and additional Draven cards when you control a Draven become Whirling Death as well.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Got into the card game yesterday and am enjoying it, they stole and ran off with the priority system from artifact so hard. I do notice attack always gets priority so you can rush someone down if you summon guys before your defending turn ends. The lack of summoning sickness in most CCGs feels like it amps up the pace abit.

My best dumb moment was cloning teemo with the ionia/zed spell then leaving the opponent with over 120 shrooms in their deck :colbert:.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did not believe it, but I opened up twitch.tv and sure enough there's videos of Sasha Grey feeding her rear end off on Master Yi in bot games. :angel:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Addamere posted:

I did not believe it, but I opened up twitch.tv and sure enough there's videos of Sasha Grey feeding her rear end off on Master Yi in bot games. :angel:

Would you date phreak though

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
amazing av/post combo

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Teemo owns in LoR and is just as infuriating as he is in LoL. Here's a rad deck to annoy your opponents

CEBAIAIEBAMTAOQIAEBAEBQLBQMCKMJSAIAQCBBVAEAQEHAA

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Haven't played League in years but the card game is legit.

I've made two decks so far with moderate success:

Ashe/Fiora where the focus is spamming Frostbite on enemy units and then having my own units with Challenger pick them off for free. This of course culminates with Fiora doing her win condition but I haven't actually had that happen yet, though I've come close.

Yasuo/Katarina where the focus is mass Stun/Recall to just stall out their board while I swing past their board and then get a giant commander. Getting Yasuo leveled up and on the field becomes hilarious with all the free unit destruction he gets to do at that point. Katarina is mostly there to get extra combat phases but also her self-recall counts towards leveling up Yasuo.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a face hunter strat yet for lolstone

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sasha grey feeding her rear end you say?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Sinner posted:

While my previous loss to Smythe seemed, for a time, to usher in an age where horny was mandatory, under the current regime of Calibanibal horny is once again prohibited.

Rest assured I have been training to hone my skills and will once again challenge Smythe for the fate of d&d very soon.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I followed Sasha Grey on twitch for 10 minutes when she was playing league just to say "hey sasha, huge fan here and let me just say I'm a huge, huge fan." and got instantly banned, the system works

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Toxic Mental posted:

I followed Sasha Grey on twitch for 10 minutes when she was playing league just to say "hey sasha, huge fan here and let me just say I'm a huge, huge fan." and got instantly banned, the system works

Horny is prohibited

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Reality Sinner posted:

Feeding Frenzy 0-9

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Fiora is fun in League AND lolstone.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Taking a TFT/SR break to try the card game, it is ridiculously polished for being in "pre-patch." This poo poo is ready to launch whenever they feel like it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

Taking a TFT/SR break to try the card game, it is ridiculously polished for being in "pre-patch." This poo poo is ready to launch whenever they feel like it.

eh... aside from unbalanced cards, weird animations, glitchy effects(look at how the beam is partially underneath the attack token and not all the way underneath or all the way over for example), random crashes... this is very clearly early in beta but what we have here is very polished. this playtest hopefully will help riot iron out some of the kinks and also throw support where necessary to help bolster the initial card library. on the other, less cynical hand though, this is a very promising test in that the game is actually fun to play.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Nazzadan posted:

There's a terminal yordle shortage they'll have to overcome, first.

Teemo looks hilarious, though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s polished cause they’ve spent 10 years stealing ideas and making it. The true Riot experience.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
EDIT: ^^^^ hell yeah

There are also some features that are non-existant right now: friends list, and auto-buy cards to complete an imported decklist come to mind. Actually, the entire crafting cards and looking at your collection element of the UI could use a QoL pass. Those weird loading moments after you craft cards are :confused:.

The core gameplay is really solid and engaging though, and that's what is important. For this being an "alpha preview" it feels very polished and I'm excited to give Rito more of my bux.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Addamere posted:

is there a face hunter strat yet for lolstone

Jinx/Draven Aggro Discard is about as close as it gets. The entire deck is low cost and wants to swing constantly.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lord_Magmar posted:

Jinx/Draven Aggro Discard is about as close as it gets. The entire deck is low cost and wants to swing constantly.

I just built this since you mentioned it and it is a lot of fun. Also yeah I see what you folks mean about it missing some key features and some stuff being busted.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bell_ posted:

There's a terminal yordle shortage they'll have to overcome, first.

Teemo looks hilarious, though.

I am shocked and disappointed that there isn't an entire Bandle City faction.

Unless they deleted Bandle City from the lore at some point, I haven't been paying attention.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Clarste posted:

Unless they deleted Bandle City from the lore at some point, I haven't been paying attention.

It's still there, but it's some kind of weird extradimensional space that the Yordles live in instead of a physical location. Bandle City is isolationist and otherwise stays out of Runeterran affairs, so the only Yordles you see are ones who voluntarily left their home.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also Yordles who live elsewhere magically attune to the surrounding people. Hence Kled and Poppy reflect Noxus and Demacia. Ziggs/Heimerdinger are Zaun/Piltover.

They’re almost purely magical beings now, fairies that match their surrounding.

Nazzadan posted:

I just built this since you mentioned it and it is a lot of fun. Also yeah I see what you folks mean about it missing some key features and some stuff being busted.

My issue with the deck is if it runs out of gas it dies, hence trying to mix in Ez because you do a lot of targeting enemies and he offers a second win condition next to Jinx’s Super Mega Deathrockets.

Draven having a card that explicitly searches him is very good for consistency though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s polished cause they’ve spent 10 years stealing ideas and making it. The true Riot experience.

It’s also a case of stealing at the right time. Hearthstone didn’t have deckcodes and a Twitch extension from the start. But now Runeterra already has. It’s also pretty stream/YouTube friendly, which Artifact threw straight out of the window by having multiple boards.

Clarste posted:

Gotta leave some regions and factions for expansions. Even if they tie the Yordles to different areas, they can always make variation cards with the same character. If this game is around long enough you’ll end up with PROJECT, Star Guardian, Dark Star, High Noon, Battlecast, Eclipse, [post continues for another 15 minutes]

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I also imagine Piltover & Zaun will eventually get separated out into their own factions later once there's more cards for each as well as actual Zaun champions... I guess Jinx technically counts but she's more strongly affiliated with Piltover. We're also missing Bilgewater entirely which could be it's own expansion with additions like Miss Fortune, Gangplank, Illaoi, Fizz, and more.