Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Toronto mayor John Tory, proving that all Tories only want one thing, and it's loving disgusting

https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/261236608441933827?s=19

Did you know that during the Great Purge of Corbyn Supporters from the Labour Party in 2016 someone was expelled for making a comment on a John Tory post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1185636506569977856?s=20

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Toronto mayor John Tory, proving that all Tories only want one thing, and it's loving disgusting

First a crack smoking Mayor, now a Nonce Mayor. Poor Toronto.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Did you know that during the Great Purge of Corbyn Supporters from the Labour Party in 2016 someone was expelled for making a comment on a John Tory post!

I'm afraid I have to condone this zero Tory tolerance policy

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Is this new?

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1185495805794406400?s=20

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

double nine posted:

I'm going to need that gif again of glorious brittane leaving the EU and falling into a watery abyss

IDK but I made this ages ago and never posted it.

Or emoticon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xaintrailles posted:

Or emoticon.

Hey no fair, leave us NI!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

Quick, Brexit now so they can't get back into NI!

A lot of them would be coming from Scotland anyway :v:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

But they don't collect from postboxes until Monday morning. I'm worried it won't be delivered before the deadline and Bohnson will go to jail :ohdear:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It was mentioned at conference iirc.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

xtothez posted:

But they don't collect from postboxes until Monday morning. I'm worried it won't be delivered before the deadline and Bohnson will go to jail :ohdear:

Comes back with "RTS" marked on it and a German stamp.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Xaintrailles posted:

Or emoticon.

that's great and I'm stealing it. But I was thinking of the one with the countries represented with flags, grouped into alliances within the EU, like the Visegrad group. And then the uk flag loving off and immediately drowning.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The one with the waterfall, I remember it, it's probably in one of the old OPs but dunno which.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

This means I can bin my NHS medical exception card, which has allowed me to get free prescriptions for things which aren't related to my epilepsy

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Posters on some other boards I frequent are pretty dismayed about what happens in any upcoming general election. Are the Conservatives, even at their lowest ebb, still more popular than Labour?

Is this all lingering fallout from the Iraq War and the 2008 Economic Crisis? I don’t get it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Posters on some other boards I frequent are pretty dismayed about what happens in any upcoming general election. Are the Conservatives, even at their lowest ebb, still more popular than Labour?

Is this all lingering fallout from the Iraq War and the 2008 Economic Crisis? I don’t get it.

Polls are garbage, hth.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A lot of people still just love the tory boot, and/or think brexit will fix everything.

A chunk of the remain vote is going to the lib dems because despite the lib dems being spectacularly poo poo at everything, including remain given that they backed the EU referendum to begin with, politics is, in fact, just the screaming of the Id into the void for a lot of people.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1185650821884719106

:pusheen:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

thank you!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1185634351893110785?s=20

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Brony Car posted:

The fact that the Tories have the Sun, Express, Mail, Times, Telegraph, etc, all openly dedicated to propping them up at any cost, as well as almost all the BBC political journalists openly slanting rightward.

In response, what does Labour have? Owen Jones?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If Johnson is forced to miss his deadline that probably damages him a bit, and if we end up with a referendum between remain and no deal before an election, well whatever the outcome that probably helps labour somewhat because it neuters the lib dems.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There's nothing to negotiate. He sends the letter and then the EU hands him a date. If it's Jan 31st he has to accept. If it's not that date then MPs need to be given a chance to vote for it. That's the Benn Act.

He's basically saying "I won't do a thing that I have no power to do anyway". I mean he could try to go to the EU leaders and ask for a closer date but they're not that dumb. He's been driving with the baby's toy steering wheel the whole time and now says "I won't be steering this next turn at all".

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ItClearly/status/1185655268912386049

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If they wanted to frame this as an issue of "are sovruntay" they could just say

"MPs vote to let EU hand us a new exit date?!!!"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'm not sure but does he want to get brexit done? just an intuition

also :siren:88 days as pm:siren:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

All I can think about is Getting Things Done and Moving On

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Joris's mum says he has to get up early tomorrow. Joris declares he will not negotiate with the sun on whether it will rise tomorrow.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Failed Imagineer posted:

UKMT's resident ex-Torontonian here to explain that's the call-in number for his talk show on radio station CFRB AM 1010. He's the mayor of Toronto.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Free prescriptions are great, my recommended route to free prescriptions is Not Having a Job

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:allears: high quality banter, the mad lad

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Rarity posted:

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I spent the afternoon playing WoW and I getting good loot drops then I had teriyaki pork and udon noodles for dinner, now I'm gonna crash my mate's birthday party. Not giving a poo poo about politics until Wednesday at the earliest :D

The Dog wanted me to wish you a happy birthday Rarity, so happy birthday from all of us in Olivehaus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy to report that I am getting my birthday done. MPs may be dithering but I am exiting my relationship with sobriety at a blistering pace

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tarnop posted:

Free prescriptions are great, my recommended route to free prescriptions is Not Having a Job

Living in Scotland is a good alternative for getting free prescriptions, because you don't even have to admit you are doley scum and get dirty looks from the pharmacy staff. Huzzah!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Happy Birthday, Rarity! From me and also this fuzzy lad

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jo Swinson actually wrote a funny tweet, it's been a strange day

https://twitter.com/joswinson/status/1185646185085845504

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

UKMT's resident ex-Torontonian here to explain that's the call-in number for his talk show on radio station CFRB AM 1010. He's the mayor of Toronto.

Also ex-Torontonian here, this post is a lie and John Tory is a nonce.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Bardeh posted:

Jo Swinson actually wrote a funny tweet, it's been a strange day

When even swinson is dunking on you, it's time to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
John Nonce sounds like an American action movie that they have no idea why it's so funny.