Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Is it backpedaling? Because there's no direct quotation in the original source so it could easily be some journalist doing some incredibly bad paraphrasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Captain Beans posted:

I guess it takes less work hours to make 3d models than 2d art?

That depends a lot on the situation. For this kind of thing it probably takes significantly longer to make the foundations for a CK3 character than it would to make a 2d face in 3 Kingdoms' art art style (although there's a lot more work involved in the full modular character portrait--Creative Assembly did a dev diary on that a couple of months back actually if you're curious), but once you have that foundation it's astronomically easier to expand on it with variations than it would be for 2d, and also opens it up to things like genetics (that had better loving be in this game) that are essentially impossible to do with 2d unless you dedicate a stupid amount of resources to them.

Also 3 Kingdoms' 2d art looking fantastic isn't just down to them deciding to do 2d; CA's art department is extremely good. Paradox's has made strides over the years but, meaning no offense (and I also did art for it so this is a self own too), is not really on the same level.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Just give me the option to rename the game Jihadi Emirs and we’re good.

Going to pre-order this so hard. Wonder if they’re gonna expand the world map?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My favorite reaction to the no Deus Vult thing is some rear end in a top hat trying to quote that one first they came Holocaust poem. About how removing Deus Vult from a game is dire censorship and incumbent on the removal of his people. And I'm just half laughing half :psyduck: over it.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Paradox removes “deus vult”. No remaining native Latin speakers. Investigate????

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As long as no one removes my ability to borrow from/expel/readmit my people, I'm good.

The whole thing is kind of funny, because holy hell people care about it on the facebook groups, because I think I've been involved in 3 Crusaders none of which I actively tried to fight or do anything for except one time where I somehow got Jerusalem. I mean it's the title of the game, but goddamn I love Viking poo poo so much more.

I almost feel calling the game Crusader King's anymore is kind of a disservice to the game, since it's so much more. It really is batshit crazy Medieval Simulator the Game.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 20, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
correcting people with "deus lo vult" is producing some pretty funny apoplectic reactions out of people

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just rename it to Deus Ex and everyone will have a nice warm feeling when it comes up.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Real Ck2 fans are more worried about whether or not I can marry my sister still.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Adun posted:

Real Ck2 fans are more worried about whether or not I can marry my sister still.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Adun posted:

I reached the zen moment in my Zoro game when I realized that the solution to dealing with inbred children was just to take all the best siblings and relatives as concubines as well while picking out whichever ones that weren't inbred from the list and pushing them into inheritance. It's actually horrifying to think about how many inbred children died as infants.

So CK3 has a lot to live up to :colbert:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adun posted:

And sacrifice her to Satan.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Adun posted:

Religious reforms are still in so you drat well better be able to.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Religious reforms are still in so you drat well better be able to.

I mentioned it earlier, but it would be awesome if you could start your own heresy of Christianity via the reform system. Or any other religion that starts off reformed.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

I mentioned it earlier, but it would be awesome if you could start your own heresy of Christianity via the reform system. Or any other religion that starts off reformed.

It kind of sounds like that is a thing you can do in the system they're building for CK3. Dynamic heresies would be a very cool addition.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Adun posted:

Paradox removes “deus vult”. No remaining native Latin speakers. Investigate????

They were all victims of “cultural conversion” :aaa:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Christianity but you can marry your sister.
Islam but you can marry your sister.
Buddhism but you can marry your sister.
Jainism but you can marry your sister.
Judaism but you can marry your sister.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Zoroastrianism but you can't marry your sister.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Koramei posted:

That depends a lot on the situation. For this kind of thing it probably takes significantly longer to make the foundations for a CK3 character than it would to make a 2d face in 3 Kingdoms' art art style (although there's a lot more work involved in the full modular character portrait--Creative Assembly did a dev diary on that a couple of months back actually if you're curious), but once you have that foundation it's astronomically easier to expand on it with variations than it would be for 2d, and also opens it up to things like genetics (that had better loving be in this game) that are essentially impossible to do with 2d unless you dedicate a stupid amount of resources to them.

Also 3 Kingdoms' 2d art looking fantastic isn't just down to them deciding to do 2d; CA's art department is extremely good. Paradox's has made strides over the years but, meaning no offense (and I also did art for it so this is a self own too), is not really on the same level.

Hmm I never considered that the genetics thing could be dynamically influencing looks, that would be cool. I hope they don't go overboard in the genetics department with stats and everything being too easy to win/max. I like a little mystery in the game, which is why I always roll for experimental or mystical cures from my court doctors.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Adun posted:

Islam but you can marry your sister.
Buddhism but you can marry your sister.
Jainism but you can marry your sister.
Judaism but you can marry your sister.

:hmmyes:

1stGear posted:

:hmmno:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kemeticism but you don't have to marry your sister

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

germanic pagan: marry someone's sister, she looks lonely in the oubliette

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I don't really care about the Deus Vult thing but am now wondering if there's Insh'allah as well, seeing as it's the same phrase and all, albeit not with the same connotations. And if there is I'd rather they not remove it, it's, uhh, quaint in a way?

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 20, 2019

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

First and only mod I'll make for this game replaces all Deus Vult instances with Dilly Dilly, a well known medieval phrase for "Let's go!"

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Private Speech posted:

I don't really care about the Deus Vult thing but am now wondering if there's Insh'allah as well, seeing as it's the same phrase and all, albeit not with the same connotations. And if there is I'd rather they not remove it, it's, uhh, quaint in a way?

I'm pretty sure Insh'allah is in 2. But as you say, or doesn't have the same connotations as Deus Vult, and unlike Deus Vult, Insh'allah is an incredibly common and broad expression.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A random thought, but I hope that CK3 has more opportunities for nepotism. I'm sick of all my failsons loafing around court doing nothing. I want to give them important positions where they can loaf around doing nothing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I don't know why anyone is bothered by buying a baby a pet snake. I'm sure they'll get along fine :3:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dreylad posted:

Is it backpedaling? Because there's no direct quotation in the original source so it could easily be some journalist doing some incredibly bad paraphrasing.

fwiw it looks like this is the case at this time, it was a little fudged detail that a journalist thought could cause more buzz and clicks by oopsie daisy misreporting and, well, lots of communities including this one swallowed the bait hook line and sinker so gently caress looks like he was right about that one

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adun posted:

Isn't there a Nestorian heresy that allows this?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

1stGear posted:

This vile heresy could easily replace satanists in CK3

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Funky Valentine posted:

Isn't there a Nestorian heresy that allows this?

Messalians. Which is a weird one because they probably didn't do incest. Also not very nestorian.

E: I do understand why they didn't want to add even more religious groups and nestorian is close enough.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 20, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3.3 patch notes posted:

################ 3.3.0 ##################

###################
# Free Features
###################
- Base game is now free to play!
- Monarch's Journey is available to all non-Linux players. This is a feature which will bi-weekly present new characters to play with a scenario of challenges to earn cosmetic rewards for the upcoming Crusader Kings III game.
- CK2 is now running on a 64-bit architecture, 32-bit systems are thus no longer supported.
- Egyptian portraits.

###################
# Balance
###################
- Adjusted some numbers for tech spread rate for upgrade features relating to the Great Works Library and University.

###################
# Interface
###################
- Fixed it being possible to open multiple rename windows when renaming Great Works or Artifacts.
- Made it possible to scroll the bloodline description in the bloodline view, in case the text is too long to fit.

###################
# User modding
###################
- Added is_local_human_observer trigger.
- Added support for hide_scrollbar in instanttextbox definitions.
- Added support for scrollbar_offset in instanttextbox definitions.
- Disallowed safe ReligionEffect from changing the religion of a Holy Order leader.

###################
# Bug Fixes
###################
- Hiding the Legend text on the Society menu when no societies are found.
- Blocked members of Holy Orders from numerous converting religion decisions.
- Unqualified leaders of Holy Orders are regularly cleaned out should they've converted since they joined.
- Fixed the issue where one got a game over by converting to a religion that requires a disabled DLC by blocking some convertion decisions
- Unqualified leaders of Holy Orders are regularly cleaned out should they've converted since they joined.
- Blocked members of Holy Orders from numerous converting religion decisions.
- You will no longer push yourself to your death.
- Your courtiers will now care about their sexuality when they get lovers.
- You can no longer seclude yourself for meditation when you're already meditating.
- Century old wonders will no longer be talked about as if newly constructed.
- Courtiers will no longer leave their children behind when asked to leave court.
- Dead people looking for books will no longer behave as if alive.
- It's no longer a religious experience to be an Aquarius.
- The Local Traditions decision now includes an active Embrace.
- You will no longer be gifted artifacts from imprisoned characters.
- Artifact flags are no longer looked for in a character scope when you throw it to the ground to save yourself in battle.
- Women can now hunt boars themselves, and also send their daughters to do so.
- You will no longer be able to be both a strong and a weak leader at the same time.
- After siege looting rampages are now far less common.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
It's very nice of them to release possibly a final major patch.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

quote:

- CK2 is now running on a 64-bit architecture, 32-bit systems are thus no longer supported.
Welp, looks like I gotta remake all my cheat engine scripts and structures :v:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilitarist posted:

It's very nice of them to release possibly a final major patch.

and a free music dlc!

now they just gotta hurry up on CK2+

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Which one is music DLC? "Egyptian Faces"?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Please don't let that Monarch's Journey thing have any cool stuff in it. I barely have enough time as-is. :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilitarist posted:

Which one is music DLC? "Egyptian Faces"?

whoops, my mistake

I thought Pagan Fury - Warrior Queen was free

:downs:

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 20, 2019

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

I think pagan fury is rewarded for referring people in CK3 ad campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilitarist posted:

I think pagan fury is rewarded for referring people in CK3 ad campaign.

It’s actually Old Gods I think.