Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

MrMidnight posted:

Mom, my nuts?

Crow: :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I finally got around to watching the riff for Solo.

Yikes, that was a bad movie. I should have known by the presence of Emilia Clarke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of funny how creatively bankrupt the producers of the Teen Agers films are as Vacation Days is reusing the same plot from Freddie Steps Out and has Freddie looking exactly like someone else and there being a case of mistaken identity.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of funny how creatively bankrupt the producers of the Teen Agers films are as Vacation Days is reusing the same plot from Freddie Steps Out and has Freddie looking exactly like someone else and there being a case of mistaken identity.

It started with a different plot but that was stolen a long long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

I finally got around to watching the riff for Solo.

Yikes, that was a bad movie. I should have known by the presence of Emilia Clarke.

It really feels... aimless and lost. And that they knew it and decided that the way out of the mess was fanservice up the wazoo.

Krull may be my current favorite, though. Both because as a kid it was a movie I desperately -tried- to like ("Space -and- fantasy? Awesome! what's that freaky thing that comes out from the goon's heads? Why isn't he using that cool throwing star?" and the great riffing.

There's almost, almost something there, and those movies that miss by only a couple of degrees can be so much fun.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Sephyr posted:

It really feels... aimless and lost. And that they knew it and decided that the way out of the mess was fanservice up the wazoo.

Krull may be my current favorite, though. Both because as a kid it was a movie I desperately -tried- to like ("Space -and- fantasy? Awesome! what's that freaky thing that comes out from the goon's heads? Why isn't he using that cool throwing star?" and the great riffing.

There's almost, almost something there, and those movies that miss by only a couple of degrees can be so much fun.

Krull could have been a genuine classic with a 50% larger budget and one more pass at the screenplay.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Krull is still good, even though it is only a shadow of what it could have been. Plus, James Horner scored the gently caress out of that movie.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Paper Kaiju posted:

Krull could have been a genuine classic with a 50% larger budget and one more pass at the screenplay.

It had a larger budget than Return of the Jedi. I don't think throwing more money at it would have helped. A better use of their budget would have been the thing.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Sep 11, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krull is a movie where surprisingly little happens. The characters spend most of their time just kind of wandering around pointlessly until they reach the end of the movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The basic problem with Krull is how much time is devoted to figuring out exactly where the bad guy’s evil fortress is gonna be.

Solo has the distinction of being the most visually ugly Star Wars movie. It’s so pointlessly murky.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Krull is a movie where surprisingly little happens. The characters spend most of their time just kind of wandering around pointlessly until they reach the end of the movie.

They really needed a lesser villain, not even a Vader figure but a baddie with -some- charisma to be a challenge in the early/middle of the movie. The Beast is just...eh.

And something to make it seem that there really were two kingdoms in the world. Or even one. All we see of people is the castle in the beggining and then just wandering stragglers out in the emptiness. We never even see a town, or a wheeled vehicle! Those are the guys that will rule the galaxy in one generation?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I liked Solo more than Last Jedi. There, I said it. Solo is fun, TLJ is tedious.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Solo is dumb as hell, and made dumber because it serves as a retroactive explanation for why hyperspace fuel is such a major plot point in TLJ. And then reveals Han Solo gave the fuel to the Rebel Alliance. Because a lady in a fancy helmet asked him to.

Lmao.

At least Solo has Warwick Davis in it

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I am not saying it is a smart movie, I am saying it's enjoyable.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Fair dues. It has droid dick jokes in it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I do love how the beasts castle looks in Krull though

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

The RiffTrax patreon is live

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
The video of Kevin recording Mutiny of Love still might be one of my favorite things they've ever done and all the evidence I need of why he's my favorite of the three guys.

I really wish it was in some form where I could download it and add it to my collection (I'm too lazy to do a capture right now).

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The video of Kevin recording Mutiny of Love still might be one of my favorite things they've ever done and all the evidence I need of why he's my favorite of the three guys.

I really wish it was in some form where I could download it and add it to my collection (I'm too lazy to do a capture right now).

They moved it to vimeo for the patreon, so it might be easier to rip now at least.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Breadallelogram posted:

They moved it to vimeo for the patreon, so it might be easier to rip now at least.

Yeah I've been working on it but having no success. Probably just easier to watch it and record my screen with my streaming software.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Breadallelogram posted:

Do you have a link?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Do you have a link?

On patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/watch-kevin-of-29885834

I'm not sure how to get to its vimeo url from there and I'm on my phone right now which isn't helping.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Breadallelogram posted:

On patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/watch-kevin-of-29885834

I'm not sure how to get to its vimeo url from there and I'm on my phone right now which isn't helping.

You can extract it from the page source but it is only available from patreon if you're an authenticated subscriber (otherwise that kind of defeats the purpose of the paywall).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Krull was a very expensive movie (stated budget of $30 million, real budget rumored to be higher.)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Just watch out for the giant, closing buttcheeks.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/subspecies-iv-the-awakening

quote:

The Subspecies movies chronicle the growth and evolution of the lifeforms developing on the vegetable ingredients behind the sneezeguard at a major sub sandwich franchise. Oh, sorry, that’s wrong, it’s vampires, the movies are about vampires. Either way, it’s probably a good idea to take some antibiotics before digging in to Subspecies IV: The Awakening!

Now, don’t worry if you haven’t seen the first three films in the series, we haven’t either. You’ll have no problem getting up to speed, because roughly 30% of Subspecies IV is just flashback footage reused from the previous movies. Convenient AND cost-effective!

Subspecies IV tells the tale of some very whispery, ancient, and deeply unappealing vampires fighting for power and ownership of an artifact called the Bloodstone. The story is set in a vaguely Transylvanian town full of vaguely Transylvanian people. Basically, the movie feels like a group of goth teens improvising a vampire LARP, but with lower production values.

What are you waiting for, these Subspecies ain’t gonna Awaken themselves! Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Subspecies IV: The Awakening, and get ready to drink a few precious drops from the Bloodstone.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really hope they do the other subspecies movies; they're kind of great.

Speaking of rifftrax doing the first movie after the sequel, I just watched Kill or be Killed. It's kind of amazing how much better it is than the sequel, Kill and Kill Again. It's still not a good movie, but it's enough of a good bad movie that I could definitely be entertained by it without the riff. I think the big mistake of the sequel was dropping Chico.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Subspecies was loving awful. It felt like an assault on my senses. The sound is terrible, the acting is hokey in a super tiresome way (every drat syllable seems drawn out) and it’s just a very ugly movie. The riff is great though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just watched the Bridget and Mary Jo riff "Fear" and man, gently caress this movie. The movie is about a medical student murdering a guy in order to steal his money then it turns out to all be a dream.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Just watched the Bridget and Mary Jo riff "Fear" and man, gently caress this movie. The movie is about a medical student murdering a guy in order to steal his money then it turns out to all be a dream.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to see it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole thing is so bizarre because its not like the guy actually learns a lesson or anything to justify giving him a do over like that.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's "all a dream" endings are a real gently caress you audience move..

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That movie has nothing but contempt for the audience, and the feeling is mutual.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The ending where the lead is all, "Hey, you were my girlfriend in my dream so I guess we're going to date now and also I'll call you by your dream name which is nothing like your real one."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And she's all :sparkles: Of course you can call me a different name you avatar of raw masculinity you:sparkles:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i honestly thought i missed some vital scene, but nope, the whole drat thing was a dream.

i did like that shot where the old guy drops the ashtray on the glass of red wine right as larry bashes his head in, though. the film actually had some pretty good shots, in general

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Woo, the Giant Spider Invasion live show releases Friday. It's the one live show this year I had to miss.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Trucker's Woman. Oh for the days when you could literally stalk and assault a woman to get her to like you. It was directed by the same guy who did The Starfighters. His life must've been either really interesting or really dull. Also the guy they say looks like Dr. Giggles really is the guy who played Dr. Giggles (and the villain in Darkman).

In case you thought you imagined it:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That goddamn pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Blood Theatre and... wow.

That electrocution death had me rewinding and asking, "Are you SERIOUS?!"