Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Marko Stunt
Nyla Rose
Ali
Jake Atlas
Chad Gable
Pete Dunne
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Soberano Jr.
Chad Gable
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Arisa Nakajima
Soberano Jr.
Drew Gulak
Matt Taven
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KENTA
TAKASHI THE SUGERNAUT SUGIURA
ARISA NAKAJIMA
SOBERANO JR
FINN BALOR
PETE DUNNE
HANA KIMURA
JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Mustafa Ali
Jake Atlas
Drew Gulak
Pete Dunne
Hana Kimura
Jushin Thunder Liger

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Soberano Jr.

Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Draxion fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 20, 2019

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Marko Stunt
Nyla Rose
Drew Gulak
Pete Dunne
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KUSHIDA
Nyla Rose
Ali
Abstain
Finn Balor
Pete Dunne
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

That was a tight choice between KENTA and KUSHIDA, only a couple months ago it would have easily gone to KUSHIDA but man KENTA has reinvigorated his career since going to New Japan and it was almost enough to overcome my love for KUSHIDA. Almost. Ironically, KUSHIDA hasn't spent long enough being misused by WWE yet to reduce him to just another guy while KENTA hasn't quite spent enough time in New Japan to get entirely past the WWE stink on him.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Jake Atlas
Chad Gable
Matt Taven
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kushida
Takashi Sugiura
Ali
Jake Atlas
Drew Gulak
Pete Dunne
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Marko Stunt
Nyla Rose
Jake Atlas
Finn Balor
Bobby Lashley
Jushin Liger

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Marko Stunt
Nyla Rose
Jushin Liger

most of the people i watch in this clump of beef were put up against each other, stunt/KENTA was a coinflip

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KENTA
Nyla RoseJake Lee
Jake Atlas
Drew Gulak
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Kushida
Takashi Sugiura
Ali
Jake Atlas
Chad Gable
Pete Dunne
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kushida
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Soberano Jr
Drew Gulak
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Cameron Grimes
Finn Balor
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Takashi Sugiura is probably the single most under-rated/over-looked wrestler in the world today. Dude is 49, he made his debut in 2000 and his match with Kaito Kiyomiya for the GHC title this June is arguably the best match of his career. If Meltzer watched NOAH these days he'd have loved it. Anyway, incoming some Sugi match recommendations: This is a little older but from 2015 you have vs Minoru Suzuki for the GHC Heavyweight title. Some background, Suzukigun came in to NOAH in 2015 and ran through them. Killer Elite Squad won the GHC Tag titles in February, and then in March Despy & TAKA won the Jr Tag titles, Taichi the Jr title & Minoru Suzuki beat NOAH's talisman Naomichi Marufuji for the GHC Heavyweight title, the belt that Misawa, Kobashi & Akiyama made. So every faction in NOAH comes around to stop the invaders (of course this makes NOAH look like schmucks but that's for another day). Come Global Tag League in May, Sugiura & Masato Tanaka beat KES in the finals, the first chink in the armour. Suzuki beats Marufuji in a rematch, Maybach Taniguchi & then at the 15th Anniversary he beats former stablemate Yoshihrio Takayama. Afterwards, Sugiura comes out to challenge. So he's not just going for the title, he's defending the honour of the company he's been with his whole career.

vs Go Shiozaki, August 2018
vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, October 2018
with KAZMA SAKAMOTO vs AXIZ, May 2019
with KAZMA SAKAMOTO vs AXIZ, June 2019
vs Kaito Kiyomiya, June 2019

Plenty to be going on with for now but if you only watch one, watch the match with Kiyomiya.

I'm pleased with the draw Liger got, against a lot of people it'd be hard to vote for current Liger, but he got some real easy opponents so that's good.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Marko Stunt
Sami Callihan
Arisa Nakajima
Jake Atlas
Chad Gable
Pete Dunne
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Kushida
Takashi Sugiura
Mustafa Ali
Cameron Grimes
Chad Gable
The Razcalz
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Just want to say that the Razcalz round is the absolute worst thus far, with Taven, Dunne and Xavier landing squarely on my top 5 most hated wrestlers.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

KENTA
Sami Callihan
Arisa Nakajima
Jake Atlas
Finn Balor
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Ali
Soberano Jr.
Finn Balor
Pete Dunne
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
KENTA - gently caress you KENTA :mad:
Nyla Rose - she's gonna be a huge deal
Ali - got to respect how he always gives it his all in the ring even when he's being booked like rear end
Jake Atlas - queers represent yo
Finn Balor - will always love him even if he is caught in the WWE vortex
Pete Dunne - lol if you vote for Matt Taven
Hana Kimura - I've only seen a little of STARDOM but from what I watched Hana instantly jumped out as the biggest star
Jushin Liger - having a great final year, that feud with Suzuki drat

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Ali
Jake Atlas
Finn Balor
Pete Dunne
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Jake Lee
Soberano Jr.
.Drew Gulak
Matt Taven
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Ali
Cameron Grimes
Chad Gable
Pete Dunne
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Ali
Finn Balor
Pete Dunne

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Jake Lee
Jake Atlas
Drew Gulak
Matt Taven
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Jake Atlas
The Rascalz
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Jake Lee
Soberano Jr.
Chad Gable
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KENTA
Nyla Rose
Ali
Jake Atlas
Finn Balor
The Rascalz
Luke Harper
Jushin Liger

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

KENTA
Takashi Sugiura
Arisa Nakajima
Soberano Jr.

Matt Taven
Hana Kimura
Jushin Liger

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
There’s an hour left to vote.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
KENTA 23
Marko Stunt 7
Kushida 6

Takashi Sugiura 17
Nyla Rose 16
Sami Callihan 2

Arisa Nakajima 13 - giving Nakajima the tiebreaker
Ali 13
Jake Lee 6

Jake Atlas 17
Soberano Jr. 12
Cameron Grimes 3

Chad Gable 11 - giving Gable the tiebreaker
Finn Balor 11
Drew Gulak 10

Pete Dunne 12
The Rascalz 11
Matt Taven 7

Hana Kimura 22
Luke Harper 11
Bobby Lashley 1

Jushin Liger 35
Flip Gordon 0
Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews 0

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That Liger result :yeshaha:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

Katsuhiko Nakajima
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

At the age of 31, Nakajima is 15 years into his career. He’s a former GHC Heavyweight Champion and is currently in his fifth run as half of the GHC Tag Team Champions, and is in his third run with the belts teaming with Go Shiozaki. The two had a great feud with KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Takashi Sugiura. Nakajima also had great very good singles matches against Kenou and Kaito Kiyomiya.

The Miz
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Minoru Suzuki
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by Johnny Gargano
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2013 by Kenny Omega
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2011 by CM Punk
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2009 by Chris Jericho

He is The Miz, but is he truly awesome? In this essay, I

Shota Umino

Umino is in the process of graduating from young lion status. He’s become a cult favorite already thanks to his bizarre adoption by Jon Moxley. He’s had very good singles matches with Hiroshi Tanahashi & Zack Sabre Jr. this year.

Asuka (Japanese indies)

Asuka is a transgender wrestler who’s a freelancer in Japan. Just 20, she’s working all over the country, with appearances in DDT, SEAdLINNING, ZERO1, and more. Her highlights this year have come against Nanae Takahashi, Yuji Hino, Akito, and Kohei Sato.

Jonathan Gresham

A great technical wrestler, Gresham has been traveling the world with appearances in GCW, PWG, New Japan, and his home company of Ring of Honor. While his run in the Best of the Super Juniors was not particularly impressive, he has had really good matches elsewhere, especially in PWG with David Starr, Joey Janela, and A-Kid.

Konosuke Takeshita

Konosuke is arguably the ace of DDT, and has picked up his third and fourth runs with the KO-D Openweight Championship. His most recent KO-D Openweight win came against Tetsuya Endo in one of the highest rated matches on Cagematch this calendar year. He’s also 1/3 of the KO-D Six Man Tag Team Champions with fellow ALL OUT members Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ino. They’ve had great trios matches against Chihiro Hasimoto, DASH Chisako, & Meiko Satomura, and Fuminori Abe, Ikuto Hidaka, & Isami Kodaka. He’s also had great singles matches against Daisuke Sasaki and Chris Brookes.

Adam Page

Hangman is going to be a central player in AEW’s future. He had a great 2018, including highly praised matches in the G1 Climax. He’s been inactive for most of 2019, but he’s had good matches in his few appearances, including his failed title match against Chris Jericho at All Out. He’s also had a pair of good matches against PAC.

Nanae Takahashi

The founder of SEAdLINNNG, Nanae often finds herself compared unfavourably to the likes of Triple H for her booking of herself. However, Nanae is always willing to take levels of punishment in the ring that would make any sane person wince, be it having her chest chopped to shreds by NOAH's Go Shiozaki or competing in deathmatches for the Blast Queen Championship. Despite being the wrong side of 40, Nanae has had an under the radar fantastic 2019, putting on great matches with the likes of Ryo Mizunami, Takumi Iroha and Yoshiko. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Candice LeRae

After making a name for herself primarily off her matches in PWG, LeRae signed with WWE early in 2018. She was put on ice for most of that year, but started getting pushed in NXT early in 2019. She’s really started to establish herself as a top worker, including a great match against Io Shirai and another great four-way against Shirai, Mia Yim, and Bianca Belair. She should be a top female wrestler for the WWE going into the future.

Taya Valkyrie

Taya is nine months into her run as Impact Knockouts Champion, and is also a month into her third run as the AAA Reina de Reinas Champion. She won the latter in a good match against Tessa Blanchard at AAA Invading New York. She also had a good Knockouts title defense against Havok, Rosemary and Su Yung in a Monster’s Ball match.

Mistico
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Sami Zayn

This is not the former Sin Cara. He is, however, a very good luchador. His highlight this year has been a great match against Barbaro Cavernario in May. He was also in several good trios and tag matches this year, often with his brother Dragon Lee. Their highlights include a tag match against Cuatrero & Sanson, and with Valiente and Caristico against Euforia, Gran Guerrero, & Ultimo Guerrero.

Tessa Blanchard

Blanchard has long been one of the top U.S. women wrestlers outside of WWE. She’s primarily been working in Impact and AAA this year. She had a very good match with Gail Kim this year, and a nice feud against Sami Callihan.

Tam Nakano

A disciple of Atsushi Onita, Tam was a late starter in the world of pro wrestling at the age of 28. Despite being the same age as the likes of Kazuchika Okada in a promotion where many wrestlers are veterans by the time they reach their 20s, Tam has come into her own in 2019, starting the year with a great match with company ace, Momo Watanabe. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

The Viking Raiders, Erik & Ivar
Ivar: Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Rusev
Erik: Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Zack Sabre Jr.

Ignoring the bizarre decisions WWE made with their names, the Raiders are a really great tag team that hopefully will get an opportunity on the main roster. They had a nice series of matches in NXT in late 2018 and early 2019, including two ****1/2 Meltzer-rated bouts against Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong and Aleister Black & Ricochet. If they’re given an opportunity, they’ll be a great addition to the main roster.

Negro Casas
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by AJ Styles
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by Hiroshi Tanahashi

Casas will be entering his fifth decade of wrestling on October 19th, and he’s still great. He had a good singles match against Soberano Jr. in June of this year. He has a great presence in the ring and carries himself like a star everywhere he goes. CMLL reemphasized his importance this year when he lost his hair in the main event of the Anniversario show.

Microman

Microman is just 21, but he’s already had one of the best minis matches in history at Anniversario against Chamuel. The mask vs. mask lucha de apuestas stole the show, with MM & Chamuel outworking much bigger and better known workers. A great babyface, he should have a long and successful career.

Naomichi Marufuji

Marufuji is still a stalwart of NOAH, where he’s been a three-time GHC Heavyweight Champion. While he hasn’t held gold this year, he’s had noteworthy matches with the likes of Kotaro Suzuki, Takashi Sugiura, Go Shiozaki, and Kaito Kiyomiya.

Puma King

Puma King is one of the top independent luchadors today. The nephew of Negro Casas, Puma’s working fairly often in AAA and PWG. He was part of the five star trios match in PWG with Laredo Kid & Black Taurus against Bandido, Flaimta, & Rey Horus. He was also in great PWG singles matches against Bandido and Laredo Kid. He was also in a great four corners match on an August AAA show against Laredo Kid, Taurus, and Fenix.

Cedric Alexander
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Asuka
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2015 by Karl Anderson

Cedric Alexander is a former WWE Cruiserweight Champion, a reign which included an entertaining defense against Oney Lorcan. A month earlier, he had a good match against Tony Nese. He also had a good Raw match against Drew McIntyre.

The Undertaker

Taker is still working, with five matches in 2018 and two this year. Although the much hyped bout against Goldberg at Blood Money was a disaster, his tag with Roman Reigns against Drew McIntyre and Shane McMahon was actually quite good. He’s still a huge star, which is why whenever WWE can use him to prop up ratings, they will.

Go Shiozaki

Shiozaki has been the face of NOAH for almost all of his career. He’s currently on his seventh run with the GHC Tag Team Championship alongside partner Katzuhiko Nakajima. Most of Shiozaki’s highlights this year have come in singles action, though, with great matches against Takashi Sugiura, Masa Kitamiya, and Naomichi Marufuji.

Grizzled Young Veterans, James Drake & Zack Gibson

While they’ve only been together as a team for two years, Drake & Gibson make up a great unit. The former NXT UK & three-time PROGRESS tag champs have had highlight bouts with Moustache Mountain, Aussie Open, Gallus, and Jordan Devlin & Scotty Davis this year. If they get featured more in NXT as WWE goes to war with AEW, they should be a star tag team.

T-Hawk

T-Hawk spent most of this year as the WRESTLE-1 Champion, winning that title January 5. Two days earlier, he dropped the DDT KO-D Six Man Tag Team Championship. His work with Stronghearts was highlighted by a great six man tag against SCU in AEW. On his own, he’s had great matches in WRESTLE-1 opposite Shotaro Ashino, Jiro Kushido, Shuji Kondo, & Daiki Inaba.

Sammy Guevara

Guevara has really established himself as a great heel. He first succeeded in AAA and with a great run of matches in PWG before signing with AEW. Once there, he’s had a really good match with Cody and then joined Chris Jericho’s new top of the card heel group, “The Inner Circle.”

Your ballot:

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. The Miz vs. Shota Umino
Asuka vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Konosuke Takeshita
Adam Page vs. Nanae Takahashi vs. Candice LeRae
Taya vs. Mistico vs. Tessa Blanchard
Tam Nakano vs. The Viking Raiders vs. Negro Casas
Microman vs. Naomichi Marufuji vs. Puma King
Cedric Alexander vs. The Undertaker vs. Go Shiozaki
Grizzled Young Veterans vs. T-Hawk vs. Sammy Guevara

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Monday, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 21, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Shota Umino
Jonathan Gresham
Adam Page
Tessa Blanchard
The Viking Raiders
Puma King
Cedric Alexander
Sammy Guevara

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Shooter
Jonathan Gresham
Adam Page
Tessa Blanchard
Tam Nakano
Microman
Go Shiozaki
Grizzled Young Veterans, James Drake & Zack Gibson

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Shota Umino
Jonathan Gresham
Adam Page
Tessa Blanchard
Puma King
Cedric Alexander
Sammy Guevara

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shota Umino - he's a real panty-dropper
ASUKA - support your sisters, not just your cisters
Hangman Page - starting to find his feet
Tessa Blanchard - one of the main reasons to think about watching Impact
Tam Nakano - I've experienced enough vikings
Puma King - he's a loving puma
Cedric Alexander - please retire Taker
Sammy Guevara - the young vets are great but Sammy is a future star

Shota Umino
ASUKA
Hangman Page
Tessa Blanchard
Tam Nakano
Puma King
Cedric Alexander
Sammy Guevara

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Katsuhiko Nakajima
ASUKA
Adam Page
Tessa Blanchard
Tam Nakano
Naomichi Marufuji
Go Shiozaki
Sammy Guevara

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Katsuhiko Nakajima
ASUKA
Adam Page
Mistico
Tam Nakano
Naomichi Marufuji
Go Shiozaki
T-Hawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Shota Umino
Jonathan Gresham
Adam Page
Tessa Blanchard
Negro Casas
Naomichi Marufuji
Cedric Alexander
Sammy Guevara