Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Danaru posted:

I still use the hammer and sickle as an adult but also Stalin can suck my loving balls

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/umqP1Ig.mp4

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

He thrusts his fists against the ghosts

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Danaru posted:

When I was a kid I didnt realize Red Alert was an alternate timeline thing and used to draw the hammer and sickle on everything because it was the cool symbol the Red Team used in their war against the Blue Team. For some reason my parents just decided to let me keep drawing that on stuff

I still use the hammer and sickle as an adult but also Stalin can suck my loving balls

:hmmyes:

I remember being an ignorant kid in 1993 asking my schoolteacher why this super-old map said "USSR" where Russia was, and she looked like she was about to cry with joy. loving Boomers.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
When I was in the second grade I repeated a racist joke I heard from some older, rear end in a top hat kid who lived down the street. It denigrated Iraqis, but I only understood it or cared because it was a poop joke. I got sent to the principal's office and started crying when the principal called the joke racist. I remember blubbering, "I thought it was a poop joke" before he let me go back to class.

Well that's my story about being a dumb kid circa 1990. I would also like a ten piece nugget and fries.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I once used the N-word to refer to someone brown-skinned. I was about 7, and I'd only ever heard the word used in American movies, and had no idea it was a bad word.
Fortunately I didn't say it in public, and my mother and brother made me feel like such a terrible person for it that that lesson really stuck with me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shame is the best way to teach children things

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

oldpainless posted:

Oldshameless etc.

I think at least 33% of people are immune to shame.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Railing Kill posted:

When I was in the second grade I repeated a racist joke I heard from some older, rear end in a top hat kid who lived down the street. It denigrated Iraqis, but I only understood it or cared because it was a poop joke. I got sent to the principal's office and started crying when the principal called the joke racist. I remember blubbering, "I thought it was a poop joke" before he let me go back to class.

Well that's my story about being a dumb kid circa 1990. I would also like a ten piece nugget and fries.

Americans wouldn't give a poo poo about Iraqis in 2019 and they definitely wouldn't in 1990. Story does NOT check out.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Americans wouldn't give a poo poo about Iraqis in 2019 and they definitely wouldn't in 1990. Story does NOT check out.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to unfairly generalize disgusting behavior on an entire population of people, now would we?

(I hope and assume your post was a joke, but it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

Yeah, we wouldn't want to unfairly generalize disgusting behavior on an entire population of people, now would we?

(I hope and assume your post was a joke, but it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.)

OK ok being fair. Let's say the majority of Americans then.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Beachcomber posted:

Oldshameless etc.

I think at least 33% of people are immune to shame.

It's not immunity per say. Its a doubling down effect that i think stems from from embarrassment and fear. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. And that's how we got Trump.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Phy posted:

He thrusts his fists against the ghosts

But still insists he reads the posts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shame only works in a limited set of circumstances that require the person to actually respect you and want your approval. Outside of that, you at best get brief annoyance, at worst the double-down effect.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

this was my first interaction with an australian, except they left off the "it tastes like poo poo" and added that some people use it as a spread but the best/traditional way to eat it is with a spoon right out of the jar. I pretended to like it because I didn't want to be rude but they saw through my obvious lie. It was one of the worst things i've ever eaten.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Moths are fantastic and much better than butterflies

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

yeah I eat rear end posted:

this was my first interaction with an australian, except they left off the "it tastes like poo poo" and added that some people use it as a spread but the best/traditional way to eat it is with a spoon right out of the jar. I pretended to like it because I didn't want to be rude but they saw through my obvious lie. It was one of the worst things i've ever eaten.

Every country has their 'food you must have eaten since childhood or else it's disgusting'.

Vegemite is Australia's national disgusting food.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I don't know anybody who eats it with a spoon out of the jar, other than as a joke to play on foreigners. It's kinda rich to just be eating a large quantity straight like that, you know?

Eating the bit that's still stuck to your knife after you've finished spreading it on your toast is a-plus though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

These are amazing

Edit: I want to try vegemite so bad, but all I can find around me is marmite

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Jabor posted:

I don't know anybody who eats it with a spoon out of the jar, other than as a joke to play on foreigners. It's kinda rich to just be eating a large quantity straight like that, you know?

Eating the bit that's still stuck to your knife after you've finished spreading it on your toast is a-plus though.

yeah the spoon part was 100% a "let's see if the american will do it" joke, and admittedly it was pretty funny. She also included timtams (albeit melted from shipping overseas during the summer) in the box so that more than made up for that spoon full of unpleasantness.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Jabor posted:

Your PM ate an onion like an apple.

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Oct 20, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah, but everyone knows he's actually an alien.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

One can do that with good fresh sweet onions. I mean, he is a steaming turd. But eating raw onions has nothing to do with his turd-ness.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheAndrewNadeau/status/1185338731743588352
https://twitter.com/timepavement/status/1185356404099616768

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

One of the most human things this Reptilian has done on camera.

:hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

https://twitter.com/FightgeistC/status/1185561188135948291?s=19

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Every country has their 'food you must have eaten since childhood or else it's disgusting'.

Vegemite is Australia's national disgusting food.

Or as the joke thread put it, the Gross National Product

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I tried Vegemite in Australia and I really liked it. Its salty.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

oldpainless posted:

idk it hosed me up pretty good

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

One can do that with good fresh sweet onions. I mean, he is a steaming turd. But eating raw onions has nothing to do with his turd-ness.

He left the skin on too. Don't try and defend this.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

bike tory posted:

He left the skin on too. Don't try and defend this.

They haven't made a hill yet that some goon won't die on.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I passed the test. Thought it looked like marmite and does this taste like chocolate. She couldn’t keep a straight face. Why do you even keep this stuff around?

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah

Milo and POTUS posted:

My hick school actually shared printed sheets of Iraqi jokes in 1990. My mother was outraged, which totally confused the teacher and principal. So, story does not check out.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Railing Kill posted:

They haven't made a hill yet that some goon won't die on.

but enough about the goon zipline

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Super Soaker Party! posted:

but enough about the goon zipline

there's never enough of the goon zipline

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DiggityDoink posted:

there's never enough of the goon zipline

No, no. The problem was in fact too much zipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Admiral Joeslop posted:

No, no. The problem was in fact too much zipline.

Or really just too much zip.