Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Valko posted:

To put it bluntly, no, apparently not...

"There are, as you'd expect, the dietary details which go towards the picture of Rees-Mogg as a lovable eccentric. At Oxford, he confides to a friend that something has "gone wrong" with a loaf of Sunblest - "It had gone green. He'd bought it four weeks before and stored it on top of his radiator." Unable or rather unwilling to cook, he survives on cheese and Bath Oliver biscuits when no-one is around to wait on him."

"What is truly striking though is how much Jacob Rees-Mogg's diet resembles a Private Eye parody of Jacob's Rees-Mogg's diet. The great Craig Brown could not have done better."

"His sweet tooth is a theme. A former flatmate tells us Rees-Mogg has "sugar on everything, including Frosties". At Claridge's, he always orders chocolate soufflé. He has a penchant for Cadbury's Creme Eggs, stacking up to 60 on his desk at one time."

The article goes into more detail but watch for pop-ups from that site.

They need to do the British version of this for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMww8V4IUU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

It costs them nothing to extend forever and just demonstrates that Europe means stability and leaving is only something the most phenomenally stupid nation would want (the English)

Markets have already adjusted for the Isle of Dumb and The Never Ending Sulk

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
am I crazy to think that, in this situation, the EU is incentivized to make BREXIT go as poorly as possible, then to relatively enrich the Republic of Ireland to make an example of those who might consider leaving the EU?

I mean, I guess the ruling class interests of both the UK and EU align too closely to do something economically catastrophic but still

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Old Story posted:

am I crazy to think that, in this situation, the EU is incentivized to make BREXIT go as poorly as possible, then to relatively enrich the Republic of Ireland to make an example of those who might consider leaving the EU?

I mean, I guess the ruling class interests of both the UK and EU align too closely to do something economically catastrophic but still

People were arguing this 3 years ago, but the truth to the matter is that they've been perfectly reasonable to the UK throughout the entire endeavour.

What infinite extension does mean is the UK stays in this weird sort-of-in-but-not-really state in the European bureaucracy, that they ended up in after the last EUlections.

K9
May 6, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

People were arguing this 3 years ago, but the truth to the matter is that they've been perfectly reasonable to the UK throughout the entire endeavour.

What infinite extension does mean is the UK stays in this weird sort-of-in-but-not-really state in the European bureaucracy, that they ended up in after the last EUlections.

blimbo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Extension Rebellion

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Old Story posted:

The EU just needs to stand by and watch the UK destroy itself.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/BrexitCentral/status/1185933797503754241?s=19

Macron wants to crush perfidious Albion and then use the money he makes from controlling the only road connection to Britain to make France more economically powerful and overthrow Germany as the main country of the EU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Old Story posted:

The EU is incentivized to make Brexit look as unheroic as possible. Like, just make the UK look unfathomably pathetic, to the point where even city states are comfortable openly mocking the former undisputed #1 world power. A doomed-but-heroic struggle has its appeal, ineffectual posturing in the face of ridicule does not.

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/BrexitCentral/status/1185933797503754241?s=19

Macron wants to crush perfidious Albion and then use the money he makes from controlling the only road connection to Britain to make France more economically powerful and overthrow Germany as the main country of the EU
People thought the EU would be a way for Germany to achieve what two world wars could not, but here comes Jupiter to avenge Napoleon.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

do they know it's brexit time at all

simply
having
a wonderful brexit time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dance Officer posted:

That's fine with me, then. As long as a path to the end of this nonsense is in sight.

ya no-deal will definitely get brexit out of the news

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Is... is THIS brexit?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no, that's an iceland Meal for One toad in the hole, a ready to bake yorkshire pudding filled with 4 pork sausages

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no, that's an iceland Meal for One toad in the hole, a ready to bake yorkshire pudding filled with 4 pork sausages

impossible to tell the difference between fantasy and reality itt

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
That makes me mad, toad in the hole is the easiest thing to cook. It's just sausages and batter FFS.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Looks like it needed another 10 minutes in the oven.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Dravs posted:

That makes me mad, toad in the hole is the easiest thing to cook. It's just sausages and batter FFS.
Idk getting the batter just so instead of slightly overdone / underdone can be tricky.

But also a meal for 1 toad in the hole is tragic.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

GTO posted:

Looks like it needed another 10 minutes in the oven.
Just get it done! No more extensions!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
A homemade version of that would probably be pretty good ngl

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
i think the british are actively finding new ways to be worse at food

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Just get it done! No more extensions!

e:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

i think the british are actively finding new ways to be worse at food

post your country's amazing mass-produced-and-frozen-to-be-sold-at-the-rock-bottom-of-the-market readymeals

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

defrosted, put back in the freezer at an angle so the batter spills over the rim, cooked from frozen instead of defrosting to sort that mess out, then undercooked

impressed how many ways they found to gently caress up a simple toad in the hole

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

gschmidl posted:

Is... is THIS brexit?

Yeah, people ate all kinds of garbage during the Blitz. They also ate cats, dogs, shoes, shirt buttons, dogs, etc. I wouldn't judge too harshly. Britain was literally under blockade by German submarines

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah, people ate all kinds of garbage during the Blitz. They also ate cats, dogs, shoes, shirt buttons, dogs, etc. I wouldn't judge too harshly. Britain was literally under blockade by German submarines

did nobody tell them they could stop

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

did nobody tell them they could stop
Not for a decade after the war had ended.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

I find the youtube videos in which they recreate the recipes to be fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

gschmidl posted:

Is... is THIS brexit?

thank you i haven't projectile vomited for a few days at least

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
why is it called toad in the hole

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

17th century corruption of the word "turd"

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Third World Reagan posted:

probably something vaguely sexual like everything on this godforsaken island

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Brits can't even name things appetizingly. Like that's the expert level food shittiness, not just bad food, but names that sound gross.

Toad in the Hole
Bangers and Mash
Spotted Dick

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Bangers and Mash is a good name for your fists.

twoday
May 4, 2005

The worst British food name is spagbol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Grape posted:

Brits can't even name things appetizingly. Like that's the expert level food shittiness, not just bad food, but names that sound gross.

Toad in the Hole
Bangers and Mash
Spotted Dick

They all sound like cockney terms for VD

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/antoguerrera/status/1185972845412847617?s=19

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

twoday posted:

The worst British food name is spagbol

Spagbol sounds like it should be the term for vomit that resembles meat sauce.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ugh I just made money on this but it's still disappointing

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Third World Reagan posted:

quote:

The origin of the name is unclear, but it may refer to the way toads wait for their prey in their burrows, making their heads visible in the earth, just like the sausages peep through the batter. It may also derive from the "Antediluvian Toad", a phenomenon of live frogs or toads being found encased in stone, which was a scientific fad of the late 18th century.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Why couldn't it be March, so we'd get Brexiteers attempting to abolish leap years to bring March a little closer?