Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Minty posted:

please do not embargo jasper, it makes him very angry

Done. Anyone else we should embargo beyond the pinned list on Discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I didn't realize that nation sims were still a thing, and thinking about CN got me very nostalgic, definitely gonna check this out.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
"Sim" is pushing it.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

This is a baseball sim.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Even with baseball gotta agree with the sentiment, sim is still pushing it.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I got nuked on my birthday by a pubbie because I've won 9 wars against his dumbass alliance of idiots. I could've have asked for more.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Elric posted:

No, just a lurker.

Exactly what you'd expect a spy to say. :thunk:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

We have been infiltrated

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I just logged on again and do people use bots to send out alliance invitations? Because I've got a ton of messages from anime monarchists and it's like... did you loving look at my nation?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

I just logged on again and do people use bots to send out alliance invitations? Because I've got a ton of messages from anime monarchists and it's like... did you loving look at my nation?

Yes, that and they offer pubbies free money to join.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Communist Republic of Nueva Republica de Mekchu has been made and is applied in-game.

I hope this can be a browser version equivalent of OOTP and HOI mixed together.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mekchu posted:

The Communist Republic of Nueva Republica de Mekchu has been made and is applied in-game.

I hope this can be a browser version equivalent of OOTP and HOI mixed together.

It's not.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well poo poo...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The game's mechanics are basically "bigger number wins battle", "gaining ground control weakens planes", "gaining air superiority weakens tanks", and "major sea victories block the opponent's ability to trade with other nations until they win at sea, you lose your ships to other nations' attacks or the war ends".

There are also missiles and nukes but you probably won't have to worry about them until much later.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was being facetious earlier, but yeah that sounds fine. Non-super committed games I can do every other day seems OK for me.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

GOONS gov has been hard at work, we're centralizing automation, the alliance overview, and etc.
We're all working on getting all the guides and relevant information onto an easy to read wiki so that some of the confusion around old guides being pinned in the discord channels goes away.

I have been working on pretty websites to watch everything you do. :stare:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It turns out that the guy who banned me from the baseball discord (we TOLD you baseball was serious business!) was in fact not authorized to ban people without discussing it with other admins.

Long story short, I'm back in and he's no longer a member of the server because he quit in a huff after getting his admin privs taken away.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Colin Mockery posted:

It turns out that the guy who banned me from the baseball discord (we TOLD you baseball was serious business!) was in fact not authorized to ban people without discussing it with other admins.

Long story short, I'm back in and he's no longer a member of the server because he quit in a huff after getting his admin privs taken away.

Is that the phonecian guy?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Capfalcon posted:

Is that the phonecian guy?

I really hope it was. Dude's a douche.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It was this guy

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=30694

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Don't give too many details here, I think this guy is a spy.

Nah, I just saw the ad link and wanted to give it a try.

edit: gently caress me

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wish we could EOG him...alas, one day.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Keep pissing him off with baseball until he gets booted from NPO if you want him to get EoG'd

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Eog?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Enemy of GOONS. Self-explanatory. :getin:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

gently caress yes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:gritin:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

getting the market tracker ready for the goons who want to play as a day trader.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm extremely grateful to the goons who do want to play day trader because I'd straight up rather die

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

https://pnw.donotfearjazz.info/dashboard/snapshot/l8gl6Zd0sSUgf2j5B0QpohX409gGXVBl?orgId=0

30 days of market data. :science:

don't mind the ssl cert

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:five:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Watching some rando fool declare war on our newbie/raiding group and proceed to drag other members of his alliance in to getting their collective poo poo kicked in is kinda funny. I get back from out of state to see war declared on myself and by the time I get to even start retaliating the nation is already a blockaded, hollowed out husk of what it used to be. Now I get to, purely in self defense, join in on the curb stomping.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I have been playing this game for less than a quarter of a day and have already gotten to get in on stomping the poo poo out of a dipshit, game's good

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
im iffy on goonrushes for mmo games beceause goons are generally jerks to the pubbies, but when so many are chuds and nazi roleplayers, I basically have a guilt free pass to make life hell for bad people.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

We have some really great people making propaganda.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

GOONS gov has been hard at work, we're centralizing automation, the alliance overview, and etc.
We're all working on getting all the guides and relevant information onto an easy to read wiki so that some of the confusion around old guides being pinned in the discord channels goes away.

I have been working on pretty websites to watch everything you do. :stare:

I cannot express how much I love our automation.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

buglord posted:

im iffy on goonrushes for mmo games beceause goons are generally jerks to the pubbies, but when so many are chuds and nazi roleplayers, I basically have a guilt free pass to make life hell for bad people.

Yeah there's a decent population of alright people in the game, but then there's a bunch of dudes with badly photoshopped 1942 German flags, Anime Nazis, Deus Vult weirdos, etc. At least when some dipshit named General Lee tried to start an alliance named The White Army he just got mercilessly dunked on (after one of the wheraboos tried to recruit him to their discord).

e: Join up if for no other reason than to help us vote to get the Black trading bloc renamed Black Lives Matter - https://politicsandwar.com/world/color/voting/

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 21, 2019

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!
i'm on day 5

i just got involved in war because discord bot told me to attack people
now other people are attacking me because they are mad i attacked people

pubbie tears are glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Skynet called on me with my ~200 NS and I answered the call without noticing/caring their solider count was 10k more than mine, because I knew there would be more goons to simply overwhelm them.

There are now 4 of us on them (1 they declared on, 3 of us who answered Skynet's call).