Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Gann Jerrod posted:

They’re sort of doing that with the new comic, Nautica is now a diplomat to the various alien races the Transformers have met, though most of the story so far is about the rise of the Ascenticons, who are definitely not going to become the Decepticons, no way.

They might have intentions of doing somewhere in the far future of the comic about 150 issues from now, but at the pace they're going and the storylines they're using, they aren't really doing it. I cannot believe how boring it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
My LCBS told me that they're down to ordering enough issues to just fill subs on the new series. And that's only about 5 people.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

drat who is she?

Brimstone, from The Best Bayverse Toyline! (ROTF/HFTD)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

The Ocular Max Regenesis series is doing G2 redecoes of existing molds. Looks like they might be convention exclusives, though.

:monocle: :hmmyes: oh my :kiss:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Has there been any hint of a 3P Nautica?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Burkion posted:

This isthe first thing that's made me curious to check out the show

Looking at YouTube, they've actually reached one one of those. Rest of the episodes are up on the "himbo soundwave" account on YouTube

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dawgstar posted:

Oddly, no. I had been hoping MMC might tackle that at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think there's a teaser for one. Lemme look.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

does anyone own any of the mmc bruticus bots theyve released so far?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Vortex is the only one out so far. He's excellent.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Vortex is the only one out so far. He's excellent.

im very tempted by them as kind of mp-scale combaticons, theyre just also very expensive. i was thinking about putting down a deposit on swindle, because i always need more swindle in my life.

does anyone have any experience with repairing paint stuff on transformers? my road king has some scraping on one of his forearms and i'd really like to repair it, but i have no idea which paint or which method of application i'd need for it.

its kind of annoying he got damaged, given hes the most expensive single bot i own and the only one to get any kind of paint scraping. i've also only transformed him twice, and the first time was when he got scratched, from what i can tell by part of the trailer flaps contacting the painted section of his arm.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 21, 2019

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Dawgstar posted:

SXS teased one but who the hell knows if that'll ever happen

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sorry for all the questions but does thf soundwave come with all the casettes? or are they juts in the pictures as examples?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think there's a version with and without them.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I think there's a version with and without them.

thanks! i'll have to look around for the one with them. it'll be nice to complete the trio of decepticon true homies (megs, shockwave, and soundwave). i'd like a starscream at some point but the existing takara ones dont really do it for me.

edit: found the thf one with the extra tapes hell yeah

ive been really surprised by the quality of the KO transformers ive bought so far. when i first heard 'knockoff' i assumed it would be like the stuff i found at poundland years ago. i still have some super-oversize casette guys in weird colours somewhere. a double size ravage in orange plastic with green paint (about the size of a real full size casette, maybe larger) and the rhino guy at the same size. theyre very fun but low quality. i have some KO dinobots that i need to dig up, i have no idea which mold they are based on or if its a tf mold at all.

the IT megatron has brought me a lot of joy so far and i smile any time i look at him. he's a truly fantastic toy. takara really did a fantastic job on mp36, unlike mp10 i dont know how they would improve on MP36 for cartoon accuracy. I guess IT did it with the back plate and gun with the purple LED instead of red, but those are fairly minor points.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 21, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Takara MP Starscream just hasn't aged well at all. Maketoys is the current best but I'm not going to invest $700+ in them when Fans Toys will no doubt get to them in the next year or two.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Takara MP Starscream just hasn't aged well at all. Maketoys is the current best but I'm not going to invest $700+ in them when Fans Toys will no doubt get to them in the next year or two.

yeah the maketoys ones are very expensive and ive heard a couple of fragility issues with the existing seekers they make. when their coneheads start to come out i will check out the reviews for those and see if the stuff has been fixed in them, because the conehead boys are long term favourites of mine and i might put the money down on thrust if he is good.

weirdly the starscream face i like the most is the head that comes with MP-44. I don't own MP-44, but in the pictures that starscream looks great. I know takara is supposed to be doing a new starscream soon.

its a shame starscream doesn't seem to have a 'best' option out at the moment like most of the other major characters do, considering how iconic a character he is even outside of transformers fandom.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
you know takara is gonna do Seekers 3.0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah and they'll be $350 each.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

im very tempted by them as kind of mp-scale combaticons, theyre just also very expensive. i was thinking about putting down a deposit on swindle, because i always need more swindle in my life.

does anyone have any experience with repairing paint stuff on transformers? my road king has some scraping on one of his forearms and i'd really like to repair it, but i have no idea which paint or which method of application i'd need for it.

its kind of annoying he got damaged, given hes the most expensive single bot i own and the only one to get any kind of paint scraping. i've also only transformed him twice, and the first time was when he got scratched, from what i can tell by part of the trailer flaps contacting the painted section of his arm.

My Generations Cosmos had red paint rubbing off of his helmet (the head piece itself is white plastic) and I used some of Mrs. Rainbowbeard's nail polish on it. Perfect match.

So I guess check out the cosmetics isle at your local pharmacy? I'm sorry that's the best I can do.

I'm considering what I need to do for my chromed parts when they inevitably wear, my Hasbro MP Soundwave has black showing on his torso buttons, and MP Inferno's shoulder/neck water canon and chrome arm cannon came with the nozzles already chipped.

A metallic or flat silver would be an acceptable fix, I think. I'm in no huge hurry there though, since they mostly stay in the Detolf.

sba posted:

you know takara is gonna do Seekers 3.0

Yeah. For me, personally, the "like the original toys, but better" masterpieces really hit my sweet spot. I really like the ones trying to be as cartoon accurate as possible but if I have an Original Toys But Better (henceforth refereed to as OTB) version already the only way I'm getting the cartoon version is if there's a much cheaper KO version, especially given the price on the cartoon accurate ones, or it's a character I really love, like Prowl or Thundercracker.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My Generations Cosmos had red paint rubbing off of his helmet (the head piece itself is white plastic) and I used some of Mrs. Rainbowbeard's nail polish on it. Perfect match.

So I guess check out the cosmetics isle at your local pharmacy? I'm sorry that's the best I can do.

I'm considering what I need to do for my chromed parts when they inevitably wear, my Hasbro MP Soundwave has black showing on his torso buttons, and MP Inferno's shoulder/neck water canon and chrome arm cannon came with the nozzles already chipped.

A metallic or flat silver would be an acceptable fix, I think. I'm in no huge hurry there though, since they mostly stay in the Detolf

that's a good idea. there's also a model kit store nearby i might go and ask for advice. i need to restore some chrome too, on my alternator swindle. i'm thinking of getting a metallic silver graffiti pen or something and going over it with that, i prefer metallic paint to the vac chrome in pretty much all cases. nobody on the cartoon was chrome till beast wars.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Richard Gere is that you?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's... so big.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got the Shadow Fisher upgrade kit for MP Ironhide. It’s pretty darn good, moving the hip armor up to the sides of the chest bulk him up a little bit, and his diaper is less pronounced too. He’s still got a bit of a diaper like half of the other characters in Geewun, it’s totally show accurate and stuff now. The sides of his chest doesn’t do that concave thing anymore either, which also really helps his look. Of course, Imgur isn’t cooperating with the Awful app, so no pictures for now.

EDIT: THE APP LIKES TO MAKE A LIAR OF ME

everyone wore diapers in the 80’s there was a lot of cocaine okay

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 22, 2019

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Shadow Fisher upgrades are probably the best upgrade kits I've ever bought in terms of sheer improvement of a figure.

The DNA Predaking kit would be a close second.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He's already a wide boi, but housing Devastator's head is giving Mixmaster some weird proportions.

Also Shockwave's leader class status seems to come from both his huge weapon and platform shoes, like his Siege counterpart.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

As did DotM Prime's Leader class. They're price points related to the amount of stuff they include now, not sizes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The MSJ posted:

He's already a wide boi, but housing Devastator's head is giving Mixmaster some weird proportions.

Also Shockwave's leader class status seems to come from both his huge weapon and platform shoes, like his Siege counterpart.

Probably just have to get creative with his posing to minimize the awkwardness that him in a "T-Pose" looks

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The MSJ posted:

is this the time for the classic 'why my shoulders hurt?' joke?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

changing my life goal to becoming a transformers fiction writer so that i can make it canon that loudpedal talks in a heavy metal wail all the time, and that he's soundwave's wayward brother. or maybe it would be funnier if he talked like soundwave, but spoke in heavy metal lyrics

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It starts like that, then you start making OCs, then your focus is on your OCs, then your focus is on your OC's backpack.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Oh I thought you meant you were waiting to buy the combiner at once. I felt concern. I was concerned. It made me hasty.

Tarn is really good though, I've been kinda mixed on IF this year. The gaps on the side of "Optics Hunter" are just weird in the context of having a dash, steering wheel and seats.

How do you feel about the fourth guy? Better in hand?

I figured since the other two Powerdashers hit my Pile it was good enough to ship. So i have Not-Helex in-hand now.

Iron Factory Not-Helex is a chonky boy, very solid. Tight joints, but not too tight. Vehicle form is okay, just like Tarn.

Not-Helen and Not-Tesarus, from what I can tell from the instructions, partsform the majority of MegaTarn, with Not-Tarn forming the chest and Kaon forming the arm cannon. You don't technically need Not-Kaon and Not-Vos, except for the fact that they come with all the head, feet, and other kibble. Vos is just a MegaTarn-scale gun, he doesn't even combine!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

It starts like that, then you start making OCs, then your focus is on your OCs, then your focus is on your OC's backpack.

im ashamed to admit it but when i was really into transformers as a 13 year old back in like 2004 i did have an OC transformer. i didnt go so far as to write any fiction or roleplay, but he was a rusty steam train with a bludgeon-style skull face, and he had cosmic rust based powers. i envisioned him raising dead transformers as rust zombies. this was before hearts of steel or any of the dead universe stuff so clearly idw has been stealing from my ancient forum posts.

i still think it would be cool to have a steam train transformer who isn't astrotrain.

my magic square metallic optimus got here today and he is a handsome boy:

here he is with his one-sided nemesis:

my camera has made the red of his plastic look very washed out (i think because the lights in my room are quite orange-tinted so the auto white balance strips some red tone out of the pics) but the colour is great in person. one thing i didn't realise till i had him in-hand is that they didn't leave out the blue part that runs under optimus' crotch, it's there, it's just quite thin and not easy to see from an elevated angle.

i know some people have been mad about the size of the fans toys stunticons, but the sunbow scale charts omit them, and the only decepticon combiners on there are the constructicons. the constructicons on there are all seeker height, but motormaster is effectively doing the combining work of two constructicons, so i think its fair for him to be quite large. it also makes a nice contrast against prime, because it shows that size and power arent everything.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You've read Hearts of Steel, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh my god, this TFCon exclusive. :argh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, this TFCon exclusive. :argh:

Oh THAT'S where they put that thing. I could have sworn it was up for preorder years ago on BBTS.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

You've read Hearts of Steel, right?

yeah, it was awesome, i just need someone to make some mp-scale figures of them. i know mmc did some kinda voyager sized ones a while back.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

yeah, it was awesome, i just need someone to make some mp-scale figures of them. i know mmc did some kinda voyager sized ones a while back.

The steampunk bumblebee is awesome and was really cheap when it came out

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Bulkhead being an exclusive is bullshit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You could just ask a goon friend going to pick one up for you?