Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shoe. Other. Foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Shoe. Other. Foot.

Hehe, Giogettinghismoneyback :D

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Fidelitious posted:

"It is known"

Yes indeed. All you must do is repeat the mantras from The Holy Book of the Bear and the knowledge of game development will be bestowed upon you.

It's the same cognitive defect you see everywhere. Everyone has an "opinion" on something that isn't subject to opinion. Politics, crime, weather, whatever is in the news; people talk about it with tones indicating that their statement affects the outcome.

It doesn't. It never has, and it never will. Reality stands on its own and does not yield.

Chris Roberts is inept, the game is a scam, and it's not coming out. That's the reality. No matter how many forum arguments, internet memes, sick owns, and mic drops they pile up, they're incapable of affecting the outcome of Star Citizen.

...well, not entirely incapable. If they stopped funding it, and demanded Chris Roberts remove himself, something could have come out. But that time has passed.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Star Citizen: Dunning-Kreuger Donuts.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Is anyone going to point out to the poor soul that any months when they collect less than $3.5M in stupidity tax, they're losing money…? :ohdear:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

GoingPostal posted:

Star Citizen: Dunning-Kreuger Donuts.

Star Citizen: Dunning-Freddy-Krueger

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

---

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This ship is $300 USD.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
The AI was only $45...

---

So new AI is kinda good

marumaru
May 20, 2013

so, this one guy on Twitter hit me up thirsty for the AMD ship i have. said he'd give me an "epic game package" (whatever that means) in exchange for this ship that i literally got for free
anyone have any suggestions for fun shenanigans or do i just disengage

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Inacio posted:

so, this one guy on Twitter hit me up thirsty for the AMD ship i have. said he'd give me an "epic game package" (whatever that means) in exchange for this ship that i literally got for free

I dont know... Feels bad messing with the whales using their weakness for ships. Kicking a man while he is down and all that. But please do ask him to specify what the "epic game package" is though.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

GyverMac posted:

I dont know... Feels bad messing with the whales using their weakness for ships. Kicking a man while he is down and all that. But please do ask him to specify what the "epic game package" is though.

It's just pictures of the guy's junk

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

more value than a different star citizen jpg though, certainly

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

it's not an epic gamer package

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Inacio posted:

Yeah coming from a SC Whale, 'Epic Game Package" probably means dick pics.

I would just sell it for real money on the grey market.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I have to know about the epic game package

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inacio posted:

Tell him you don't want anything to do with Tencent

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

Hello from page 133, this was a very good analysis.
I want to add the layer of desperation. The desperation for a “dream game”, the desperation for hundreds and thousands of dollars/euros evolving into the BDSSE, the desperation for Derek and the Goons were wrong, the desperation to be able to play SC and SQ42 in the next 3 years on the 3000 Dollar PC they built at the end of 2016 because Chris Failberts lied again about the project.
It is the desperation to not be the idiot who backed this fiasco without a good ending.

SC is the aggregation of a group that desperately hopes they did not swallow the Blue Pill when all is said and done in the future.

Let's not forget the good old goonfear. Tales of Goon agents infiltrating other EVE Clans to dismantle, hell chaos and plunge the economy into ruin are well known even outside of EVE. Even though I don't think this happens anymore, goons invading games, be it EVE or Chinagame are a threat to the fun of these guys, but they also want to be as cool and a part of something like this. So they assume that by buying their way into power, they will attract "followers" and soon they can have their own goonswarm, but at the same time, they want to be the big bad guy "legally" so only using "honorable" tactics and the sheer power of their perfect space fantasy.

...without realizing that a lot of what big clans did was basically griefing, grinding and playing very not-fun for the 99% of the time. Hell, in EVE it was goddamn suicide attacks to prey on targets to big to shoot down. They think that by buying in, they will be able to simultanously prevent that from happening to them (spoiler: suicide attacks are really viable in the current version of Star Citizen) and be able to have enough power to avoid swooping to such "low" techniques. I find it all very funny.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Inacio posted:

it's not an epic gamer package

always do the legatus package.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Pilz posted:

Hearing that the devs of Fortnite were still doing crunch was pretty dang disappointing. At the risk of sounding like a filthy commie, I don't think people should be working 60 or 80 hour weeks making a gat dang video game and Fortnite's already making piles of money so there's no excuse. It seems like crunch has just become so normalized and accepted that everywhere just does it.

The more I hear about it, the more I think the video game industry is the shittiest for high qualifications jobs.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pixelate posted:

The AI was only $45...

---

So new AI is kinda good

:laffo: Squadron 42 beta due next year :laffo:

Edit: oh my god the part where he picks up the gun

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Kikas posted:

Let's not forget the good old goonfear. Tales of Goon agents infiltrating other EVE Clans to dismantle, hell chaos and plunge the economy into ruin are well known even outside of EVE. Even though I don't think this happens anymore, goons invading games, be it EVE or Chinagame are a threat to the fun of these guys, but they also want to be as cool and a part of something like this. So they assume that by buying their way into power, they will attract "followers" and soon they can have their own goonswarm, but at the same time, they want to be the big bad guy "legally" so only using "honorable" tactics and the sheer power of their perfect space fantasy.

...without realizing that a lot of what big clans did was basically griefing, grinding and playing very not-fun for the 99% of the time. Hell, in EVE it was goddamn suicide attacks to prey on targets to big to shoot down. They think that by buying in, they will be able to simultanously prevent that from happening to them (spoiler: suicide attacks are really viable in the current version of Star Citizen) and be able to have enough power to avoid swooping to such "low" techniques. I find it all very funny.

I find funny the idea that making the big ships "invincible" to Aurora-ramming will somehow prevent swarm-griefing.

Because the wavy-handed hot-bear-coded physics in this game are definitely impermeable to a bunch of items on the server colliding with other items at the same time. Ship destruction is probably preferable to what will actually happen should that day arrive.*

*Day will not arrive.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

yeah no the guy just wants to scam me by offering less than half "grey" ""'market""" price
so much for a star citizen advocate

marumaru
May 20, 2013

this guy is making a space game where you can do things except it's a game?
https://knockout.chat/thread/3242
in any case it's looking neat

e: oh no he stole CIG-invented planetary rendering technology

https://twitter.com/ramjet_studios/status/1096797256752205824

https://twitter.com/solarpowergame/status/1054842887769387009

who do we contact @ CIG to have this guy sued

marumaru fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 21, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
To be fair to Star Citizen and the real start of development I wouldn't consider a studio lead by Chris Roberts to be engaged in game development.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

LIRIK plays Star Citizen for 90 minutes, and he's less than enthusiastic about it :laugh:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497244732?t=3h49m55s

"I didn't want to play this, but you guys voted for it"
"does this game still run like rear end?"
"I'm gonna have to restart the game. Alt-tabbing seems to have broke it"

Probably more funny quotes and clips if anyone hates themself enough to watch someone drudge through 90 minutes of Star Citizen
:suicide:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Inacio posted:

this guy is making a space game where you can do things except it's a game?
https://knockout.chat/thread/3242
in any case it's looking neat

e: oh no he stole CIG-invented planetary rendering technology

https://twitter.com/ramjet_studios/status/1096797256752205824

https://twitter.com/solarpowergame/status/1054842887769387009

who do we contact @ CIG to have this guy sued

Every studio, or even just random group of dev's that want to make a space game, will release a feature complete version of star citizen before croberts.

I love that the faithful still like claiming that the first few years don't count due to studios getting setup, despite the fact smaller teams continue to show an ability to do more with less than Chris had. It's almost like there is a single constant roadblock at CIG no matter how many years roll past or how many people they cycle through.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Exinos posted:

Every studio, or even just random group of dev's that want to make a space game, will release a feature complete version of star citizen before croberts.

I love that the faithful still like claiming that the first few years don't count due to studios getting setup, despite the fact smaller teams continue to show an ability to do more with less than Chris had. It's almost like there is a single constant roadblock at CIG no matter how many years roll past or how many people they cycle through.

YEAH BUT ARE THE PHYSICS NEWTONIAN OR NOT?!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They're navigating through the middle of open areas, and that's not nothing!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

:laffo: Squadron 42 beta due next year :laffo:

Edit: oh my god the part where he picks up the gun

Some shitizen posted:

Hey, all that matters is you realize that if SSOCS was in, this new iteration of AI would be impressive.

Oh, ok

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

marumaru
May 20, 2013

guy in the middle criticized an obviously lovely aspect of star citizen. Citizens™ in the back materialized to defend Chris.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Exinos posted:

No matter what, every single backer will just tell you that Star Citizen has only been in development for a year. The goal post changes every single year.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

It's one thing to latch your personality onto a fantasy someone else came up with. Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, whatever. It's sad, but it's understandable.

It's another thing entirely to latch your personality onto a fake scam "IP" made by the world's most inept moron. Is anything dumber than Star Citizen's "lore?" The answer is yes: the person who got this license plate.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Of course it's a Tesla :laugh:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

kilus aof posted:

To be fair to Star Citizen and the real start of development I wouldn't consider a studio lead by Chris Roberts to be engaged in game development.

It's still very strange to have this thread in the games section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

boviscopophobic posted:

Of course it's a Tesla :laugh:

ROFL I saw that too :lol: