Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Dilber posted:

Either makes nothing grow back or makes things tastier.

I've always told anyone that would listen that I wished the Miami athletics department tasted better. You have my approval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

That girl got whipped straight into the ground headfirst. Someone should seriously check her for brain damage :ohdear:....

nah dog she combat rolled like a trained stuntman, her head didn't even touch the ground

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/memphisnews/status/1185952574719041536

That locks the AAC in as an 11 team conference til the next realignment

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Wisconsin? More like Wiscons-out

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

DC Murderverse posted:

i know it won't actually happen because poll voters are dumbshits, but Baylor and SMU should both jump Texas in the rankings this week

Counterpoint: gently caress Baylor

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest ranked 25. Boise State ranked 22. This offends me.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Why is UConn going independent? I get that they are bad, but what does leaving the conference solve?

And who does the AAU add? App State would be a good fit.

Honestly, take away Clemson, and the AAU is probably on par with the ACC.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LLCoolJD posted:

The receiving team could just call for a fair catch.
Yeah, there's the rule about how the ball has to bounce and travel 10 yards to become a live ball recoverable by either team, and the other rule where if the ball is touched by Team B it is a live ball recoverable by either team.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Komet posted:

Why is UConn going independent? I get that they are bad, but what does leaving the conference solve?

The American today is on par with the ACC including Clemson if you remove UConn:

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1183372579693879298?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/ChadLeistikow/status/1185784406499311616?s=19

Seems unfair that they also ask us to play offense, who came up with this dumb sport? They put the endzone 100 yards away, no one can travel that far.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

nah dog she combat rolled like a trained stuntman, her head didn't even touch the ground
She was probably a cheerleader and D1 college cheerleaders are gymnasts that hold pompoms.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I love that Rutgers has multiple 0 point games

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I legitimately don't know if I'm still on denial or immediately flashed to acceptance when the kick went through.

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Komet posted:

They don't care if the FB program gets shut down. They also thought they could park it FB only for a few years in the AAC. I don't think app gets in due to institutional profile/ECU blocking them.

The waiver is only for two years so somebody will have to be added. No obvious candidate has emerged.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1186001257917489152

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

a god drat idiot posted:

The waiver is only for two years so somebody will have to be added. No obvious candidate has emerged.

It's going to be Liberty, isn't it? :barf:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh gently caress yeah boy

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Achernar posted:

I'd be shocked.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So I want to say that I enjoyed the new 5OT+ rule. They need to remove the switching endzones at that point, but alternating conversion attempts is fun.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I hope it's Rutgers, but not even the AAU would take them.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1186022194456997888

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Achernar posted:

Or The Citadel.

gently caress that noise, Georgia State come on down!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CannonFodder posted:

Or The Citadel.

gently caress that noise, Georgia State come on down!

Didnt they just have a book burning because someone said mean things about whitey?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why do you keep calling the AAC the AAU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Not sure. I thought it was American Athletic Union or something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Komet posted:

c'mon, like college sports would ever have a union

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The Florida Gators are the best one-loss team in the country and I will NOT entertain any notion of the contrary :colbert:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

i'll hear no criticism of lane for the rest of my life, dude is a baller and a champ

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

iwentdoodie posted:

Didnt they just have a book burning because someone said mean things about whitey?
I'm not 100% sure which team you mean but neither would surprise me.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
2 more losses y'all

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Everyone but me (fools): The generational quarterback is injured and Bama's season is over

Me, a wise man: Bama finally found its punter, the championship is secured

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas should have lost

Thermos H Christ posted:

Is Todd Orlando fired yet or what

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Komet posted:

Mayhaps you are confusing the AAC with the University Athletic Association (UAA) featuring fine Division 3 teams like University of Chicago, Carnegie-Mellon University, and Washington University (St. Louis, Missouri).

Go Tartans Go!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Who is letting children have bowties???

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Maxwells Demon posted:

Mayhaps you are confusing the AAC with the University Athletic Association (UAA) featuring fine Division 3 teams like University of Chicago, Carnegie-Mellon University, and Washington University (St. Louis, Missouri).

Go Tartans Go!

I figured he meant the amateur athletic union, another organization that preys on underage athletes.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Barudak posted:

Who is letting children have bowties???

"The south"

Belbos Computer
Nov 20, 2005

Fiat Lux, Big Bang, seven days, seven minutes, seven seconds, and a universe is born before your eyes.
Slippery Tilde

Raku posted:

Everyone but me (fools): The generational quarterback is injured and Bama's season is over

Me, a wise man: Bama finally found its punter, the championship is secured

We still have Slade Bolden

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

UConn is leaving the AAC because the basketball teams want to go home to the Big East. This leaves the football team without a home, but nobody cares.

I have no idea what they and UMass are aiming for by lingering in FBS and having to travel the four corners to play a 12 game season. Unless they think a MAC invite is in the cards, it seems like they'd be much happier back in FCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

General Dog posted:

UConn is leaving the AAC because the basketball teams want to go home to the Big East. This leaves the football team without a home, but nobody cares.

I have no idea what they and UMass are aiming for by lingering in FBS and having to travel the four corners to play a 12 game season. Unless they think a MAC invite is in the cards, it seems like they'd be much happier back in FCS.

They'd be solid fits in the Colonial Athletic Association if the CAA wanted to go from 12 to 14 teams.

The CAA surprisingly does not have divisions: https://www.ncaa.com/standings/football/fcs/colonial-athletic-association