Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What was the plan with the buckets of guts? Seems they didn't really use it for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

John F Bennett posted:

What was the plan with the buckets of guts? Seems they didn't really use it for anything.

To walk with the flashmob

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I thought they were preparing lunch at first. It was pretty disgusting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There were way too many buckets for three people

And omg are they gonna hold out on showing mankind's face until the last ep or something

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Most likely it will turn out to be Rick from the future or maybe alternate timeline.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably something stupid like nothing wrong with him, but he thinks he's a monster because he has a birthmark shaped like a Florida.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Those kinds of face reveals are always disappointing. And the longer they wait, the more disappointing it will be.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
In the comics He's just a regular guy without his mask.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Taear posted:

In the comics He's just a regular guy without his mask.

well he's a professional NFL(NBA?) player but yeah his face ain't hosed up

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well there was also the FTWD easter egg. Daniel dropped a bunch of records on the road. One had a musician on the cover with similar hair and beard as Beta. So the idea he was a famous blues/rock singer. Maybe he went to an asylum before the apocalypse because he had a breakdown, or was in rehab.

Beta's actor was cagey about it when Hardwick brought it up on Talking Dead.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What ever happened to those people with the windmill technology? They showed up one day, left and no one mentioned them again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It still cracks me up that they keep finding horses

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I want to see some zombie horses. They can just say the virus is evolving to infect animals or some poo poo.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Seriously where did they get the horses? I can imagine like...a few wild dogs or something. But horses??
Especially when there's huge gangs of thousands of dead people roaming the land always, forever.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

moist turtleneck posted:

It cracks me up that like two chatty human sized scary creatures with no muscle mass/tone manage to sneak up on and pull down enormous animals that are really good at spooking and bolting.

This includes both horses and tigers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Horses can die if they see a bee

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also horses have to sleep sometimes

Like the whole reason humans catch prey is by tiring it out

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

John F Bennett posted:

Most likely it will turn out to be Rick from the future or maybe alternate timeline.
My brain went to Rick Sanchez instead of Rick Grimes.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Chronojam posted:

It cracks me up that like two chatty human sized scary creatures with no muscle mass/tone manage to sneak up on and pull down enormous animals that are really good at spooking and bolting.

They're trapped in fenced fields though most of them that they'd have access to.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hey zombie and horror fans: Toronto After Dark - is on!
https://torontoafterdark.com/

see y'all next week

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 18, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Last night's ep was fuckin terrible

Best acting of the show does go to Alpha, though, I'll give her that

My partner wasn't even paying attention and at one point asked "is this episode just them taking about how tired they are?" cause that's all. they. did. jfc

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I really liked the episode! I think this season so far is very good.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This episode was boring as hell

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
How is Carol taking pills that still have any effect at all after that time?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Aimbot Carol loving up constantly makes no sense, best part of the ep was the first 5 minutes with the zombies coming in waves

Aaron and Negan was the dumbest, most contrived "oh look Negan really IS good now!" bullshit

Doctors pal-ing it up would've been infinitely better if they didn't have the "you're looking at him" idiotic story, like gently caress was that written by a five year old trying to make a protagonist sound cool?

And it looks like we're just getting bottle "here's what happens at hilltop", "here's the whisperers", "here's Alexandria" episodes this season, cause it's too hard to focus on more than 5 people per episode

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The medic being better than Sadiq is weird and I'm not quite sure what they're going for

I assume he's gonna kill someone that's sick so disease doesn't spread and everyone will monologue about how every life is important

They will also forget that Carol did the same thing and saved the prison from itself

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

The medic being better than Sadiq is weird and I'm not quite sure what they're going for

I assume he's gonna kill someone that's sick so disease doesn't spread and everyone will monologue about how every life is important

They will also forget that Carol did the same thing and saved the prison from itself

There's gotta be like 3 people that remember that

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chronojam posted:

Let's talk about the batteries for their walkie talkies....

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Johnny Truant posted:

Aaron and Negan was the dumbest, most contrived "oh look Negan really IS good now!" bullshit

I feel like this is what they were going for, but it just felt like Negan was back to scheming and manipulating.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah he's gotta be a secret whisperer or maybe a secret trash person or something with the way they're setting him up

DarklyDreaming posted:

I feel like this is what they were going for, but it just felt like Negan was back to scheming and manipulating.

it felt so fuckin dumb, like every other scene with drama in it this episode.

like, how has michonne et al not explored literally everything surrounding them? why were they like "WHOA HERE'S A RANDOM SCHOOL WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE LET'S JUST CHILL HERE", or Negan and Aaron just finding some random house? or Gabriel suddenly being pretty sexist toward Rosita(although that's def not the first time it's happened to her), or a single zombie somehow covered in some random plant that causes blindness? there wasn't a single scene that wasn't just contrived as gently caress

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The 5 year time skip is just like one of the dumbest things ever.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure how Negan was able to differentiate Hogweed vs. Queen Anne's Lace when hogweed is some weird ornamental and Queen Anne's is native pretty much everywhere

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not sure how Negan was able to differentiate Hogweed vs. Queen Anne's Lace when hogweed is some weird ornamental and Queen Anne's is native pretty much everywhere

Well he has been spending a long time in the garden...

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

John F Bennett posted:

I really liked the episode! I think this season so far is very good.
It reminded me of "33," which is always a good thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly I'm kinda surprised that Darryl wasn't brewing shake n bake meth for all the communities while he was a hermit

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

[SCOFFS]
Okay. Come on, man.
- I... Look, I gotta go to sleep.<br />
- Oh, no.
That's why I brought it over.
[CHUCKLES]
[LIQUID POURING]
You know I saw combat in Iraq?
Yeah, I was a field medic.
And you are telling me this now?
Well, I don't like talking about it unless I have to, so...
[GLASSES CLINK]
Cheers. [SNIFFLES]
[SLURPS]
[SIGHS]
[SIGHS]
You go in one person, come out different.
♪♪
- I knew this one guy...<br />
- [CHUCKLES]
sh1t, everyone knew him.
Cocky.
Broad-shouldered, Adonis-looking cat.
[CHUCKLES]
Like, this was the dude that never broke.
♪♪
Until he did.
♪♪
Lost his squad in Fallujah.
Blamed himself.
♪♪
Came back with the shakes, the thousand-mile stare, the flashbacks, going in and out of VAs.
He was a mess...
"He was"? "Was"?
What... What happened to this guy?
♪♪
You're having a drink with him.
[LAUGHING] Sorry.
[CHUCKLES]
"Adonis-looking cat"?
Oh. God of beauty, baby.
I'm just being humble.
[LAUGHING]

Like come on, there had to be lines they cut out or something

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"And that Army medic? He was Albert Einstein."

:boom:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God I just realized that the three whisperers following the group that Carol shot at are gonna be wanna be defectors and Carol killed one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Then why where those 3 Whisperers being all weird about it.