Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

How long will it take to capture Fhirdad? 2 days
Will Rea be killed? Yes
Total Kingdom civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Kingdom: 3000 dead
Total military casualties Adrestia: 15 dead
Will the Kingdom army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Blue Lions fight to the end? No
Will crest weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Dimitri launch attacks on the Duscur? Yes
Will Dimitri launch attacks on Leicester? No
-If yes; will Claude retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Rhea sacrifice Fhirdad (burn it)? No
Will Duscur make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Almyra do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Dimitri burn the fields? Yes
How long will the Adrestia be occupying Faergus? ~15 years
Will the Kingdom war catalyze increased Manaketeism in Adrestia? no
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Rhea is vaguely aware there's some evil group out there but has spent 1,000 years not giving a poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

McTimmy posted:

Rhea is vaguely aware there's some evil group out there but has spent 1,000 years not giving a poo poo.

She had no information about them still existing. She was just being paranoid.

of course her paranoia paid off but still

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Rhea does...most everything the Slithers do, such as human experimentation and eugenics.

With the added bonus of setting herself ups a false god and book burning.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Rhea does...most everything the Slithers do, such as human experimentation and eugenics.

With the added bonus of setting herself ups a false god and book burning.

Eh, if we go by what the game says her experimentation isn't anywhere close to the slitherers in maliciousness

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Andrast posted:

Eh, if we go by what the game says her experimentation isn't anywhere close to the slitherers in maliciousness

lol
No really I only performed the good kind of human experimentation, unlike those other guys who did bad human experimentation

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Rhea tried out experimental cures on dying people and volunteers, the Slithers kidnapped and tortured children until they died

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
If, in the real world, there were books revealing that you could use the blood and bones of {ethnic group} to get superpowers, eternal life, and magic items you better believe I'd burn the hell out of them. You'd be a monster not to.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 21, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhea is already bad enough without needing to make stuff up how she is exactly the same as the mole hitler faction

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

It's me

I'm the idiot who did All The Battles on NG Maddening

I think I dedicated 1 weekend a month to recruitment/motivation and the rest to GRINDING. Rush the XP on those statues, kids!

I also recruited all the kids, so this is doable.

El might have the easiest lategame on maddening to be honest. I haven't done the others, but when the Immaculate One is attacking Petra with a 0 percent hit chance something has gone terribly right.

Also another pro tip - if you can get guys to stand where the gently caress you reinforcements appear, they won't spawn.

Wait, how'd you achieve the avoid rate on petra? I could see it on ferdie, but petra?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

She has a silly speed growth and an assassin with the dancer's sword dodge skill is dodgey as sin before you even factor in speed.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Obligatum VII posted:

Wait, how'd you achieve the avoid rate on petra? I could see it on ferdie, but petra?

Dancer and evade ring. She had like 45 speed or something silly?

Petra didn't give a gently caress that day.

Andrast posted:

Rhea is already bad enough without needing to make stuff up how she is exactly the same as the mole hitler faction

Again, she's the primary proponent of actual eugenics moreso than the slithers. She is the only other person deploying combat robots and doing human experimentation. Yea, she might be doing "nice" human experiments and "good" book burning (ignoring the fact she's using the same dark science she's trying to suppress while denying her followers knowledge potentially needed to fight it).

Also while the Slithers see surface humans as racially inferior, Crest blood is quite literally based on dragon genetics. It's not just trait breeding, it's breeding for being descended from a particular ethnic group, so same drat thing!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhea isn't as bad as the slitherers because the slitherers are literal cartoon supervillains

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The slitherers are all incompetent buffons so Rhea has probably done more evil than them just by not being a fuckup.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

hosed up I can s support rhea but not kronya

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I was looking at TCRF's stuff on this game since it finally has some, and wow there's a lot.

The thing that stuck out to me was the Composite Jobs and Combined Seal because nothing exists of the system besides those names.

And it made me think about some of the Master classes. Mortal Savant, Dark Knight, Holy Knight, Gremory, Great Knight, Bow Knight, and War Master might have been created for this system. Mortal Savant would be the composite of Swordmaster and Warlock, Dark Knight the composite of Paladin and Warlock, and so on. They're like two Advanced classes combined, which may have literally been the case early on.

The only other Master classes are basically straight upgrades for the flying classes, so maybe early on 3h had the pegasus knight > wyvern knight promotion that early FE had and Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord were added when the composite job system fell through and flying had no representative in the 4th tier.

Also it's composite jobs. Hasn't every FE game called them classes?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

One of the funniest things about the Church route is that at the very end Rhea goes crazy for no reason and Seteth is like "btw, Rhea gave some of her blood to people (???) for reasons (???) that is not (???) turning them into dragons (???)"

like wtf, it's the most rushed "dramatic ending" ever and I don't know if it's ever brought up anywhere else besides the very end of Church route

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

We know she gave some to Jeralt after he got mortally wounded.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The story of this game would be a lot better if the ancient cult of immortal baby-eaters didn’t exist and Thales was just another corrupt noble

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

The story of this game would be a lot better if the ancient cult of immortal baby-eaters didn’t exist and Thales was just another corrupt noble

it would be

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

idk just gonna put my blood in some dudes, see how it goes

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Augus posted:

I'm actually going to go farther and say that, along with the Slitherers, Rhea should have been a minor character, at best, and the conflict should have been about, y'know, the titular Three Houses. Instead it's One House vs. the Church and maybe a Second, while the Third House is a super-minor player even in its own route.

(yes I am aware it's not called Three Houses in Japan).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Airspace posted:

I'm actually going to go farther and say that, along with the Slitherers, Rhea should have been a minor character, at best, and the conflict should have been about, y'know, the titular Three Houses. Instead it's One House vs. the Church and maybe a Second, while the Third House is a super-minor player even in its own route.

(yes I am aware it's not called Three Houses in Japan).

what the hell, Rhea is one of the best characters in the game and a fantastic bad guy

If anything, the deers are what should have been cut

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Andrast posted:

what the hell, Rhea is one of the best characters in the game and a fantastic bad guy

If anything, the deers are what should have been cut

I mean, I agree on everything here, but it's kind of silly that of Three Houses only one of them matters.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Thales should have been his chunni secret codename instead of his true, secret bodysnatcher name.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I still think one of the easiest ways to make Golden Deer more interesting

Would have been for Claude to launch his ill-considered plan and kick off the war on that route. Then Edelgard does her thing but it also gives a legitimate reason for the Kingdom to be against you and would have lent some credence to Claude's whole 'schemer' schtick.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The Slitherers are a perfectly fine plot device. They serve the story as much as they need to and don't really intrude too much. They give Ed her bad guys to align with briefly, add a bit of the fantastical to the world and provide some more background for the Serios stuff (note: have not finished BL yet).

GD's story is fine - they're meant to be scrappy underdogs and their story does that job quite well. The real problem there is framing - Edelgard is set up to essentially be a dark mirror for Claude. He's what his darker ambitions could have wrought and it's through witnessing that that his larger goals come to take on a purer form. Claude is more Libertarian whereas Edelgard is more Authoratarian (though their policies would be quite similar), and this difference in methodologies and character ideals goes a long way to exploring what the gaem is interested in. This all works fine but like a lot of thematic stuff in this game is somewhat surface level, and the game has so much it wants to do and blast through that it doesn't permit itself too many moments in part two to actually be explorative.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

The Slitherers are a perfectly fine plot device. They serve the story as much as they need to and don't really intrude too much. They give Ed her bad guys to align with briefly, add a bit of the fantastical to the world and provide some more background for the Serios stuff (note: have not finished BL yet).

Here's my take (which I'll put entirely in spoilers because honestly I don't know what counts and what doesn't at this point):

The Agarthans as a backstory element are good, and the modern-day Slitherers being an evil cult that tortured Edelgard and Lysithea and many others while trying to manipulate events is also a perfectly good story element. I just don't think they needed to be the same group. I think if the Agarthans were all dead and the Slitherers were just a cabal of evil Imperial sorcerers instead of ageless ICBM-having ancients, it would've worked fine, and also would've helped with the "just kinda never dealing with an existential threat to Fodlan on-screen" issue that both Crimson Flower and Azure Moon have.

This hypothetical version of the Slitherers could've maybe known about the Agarthans and maybe even used some of their ancient technology, but giving them a whole dubstep base from which they can launch city-leveling missiles is a step too far and undermines the stories that don't deal with them directly. It makes them a bigger distraction from the really good stuff (Edelgard, Dimitri, and the Church) than they should be.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Calico Heart posted:

One of the funniest things about the Church route is that at the very end Rhea goes crazy for no reason and Seteth is like "btw, Rhea gave some of her blood to people (???) for reasons (???) that is not (???) turning them into dragons (???)"

like wtf, it's the most rushed "dramatic ending" ever and I don't know if it's ever brought up anywhere else besides the very end of Church route

We do get some hints of it from Jeralt, who discusses how he was given her blood and it made him heal and never age and stronger and all that. But yeah very little foreshadowing: even worse, the church route end implies that by doing so it forces people to be more loyal to her, but uh. Jeralt was very far from loyal? I dunno. Nemesis should have been the last boss for the Church route.

Though Rhea getting hit with ICBMs and then having her dragon side go berserk to try and Protect Her was kinda cool

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 21, 2019

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I still love that in the middle of seteths angst and drama over having to kill Rhea, the super excited end game music charges in relentless and completely ruins the moment by telling the player to get pumped.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Deer have the problem that they don't really have a reason to exist story wise. They're non-entities even on their own route (which makes sense because it's the Church route with the number filed off). You can even shuffle most of the class into the others without difficulty.
Iggy, Raphael, and Leonie are just random commoners whose backstories have nothing to do with nationality or politics and could fit in either of the other two houses with no changes, though ignite and Raphael have to come in a pair. Lysithea is so intwined with Imperial politics she might as well already be from the Empire. Marianne's crest situation fits perfectly with the Kingdom's "crests ruin lives" theme. And Lorenz's dad being an Imperial collaborator is the same if he's just a western Farghus noble. The only real Deers whose backstories are really tied up in things unique to Leceister culturally or politically are Hilda because of her families job guarding the Locket, and Claude for obvious reasons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The golden deer basically look on awkwardly as two broken siblings beat the poo poo out of each other while all their friends cheer them on or shrug

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s really funny to me that the only real reason Claude ends up keeping his hands relatively clean compared to everyone else in the plot is that his particular plan for starting a war to unite Fodlan was a complete non-starter that failed before he even got to do anything

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah Slitherers should've just been a cult of modern nobles who found the Agarthans knowledge, and Claude either should've just aligned with Eagles or Lions, or needs an actual reason to fight. Like while you can argue everyone might share some/most of El's goals, it makes sense that Dimitri will always fight her because of his issues and views on her. So great the conflict between the Kingdom and Empire makes sense. As he's written though Claude doesn't seem the type who'd care about his own pride so he'd happily subordinate himself to someone who shared his goals. And he has no problem loving off in the game as written. Bless Joe Zieja but yeah.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Calico Heart posted:

Like Ed has a point and all but loads of people itt think it's super lame of other countries to not just assume she has their best intentions at heart and surrender their sovereignty and that the Adrestian Empire should be the world police and are just spreading democracy.

Oh.

Now i finally get it.

The empire is the US of A.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Augus posted:

It’s really funny to me that the only real reason Claude ends up keeping his hands relatively clean compared to everyone else in the plot is that his particular plan for starting a war to unite Fodlan was a complete non-starter that failed before he even got to do anything

Claude's plan of removing the geographic barrier between Fodlan and Almyra and assuming "well yeah there will probably be a huge bloody war but eventually they'll have to get over their racism and cultural differences and learn to live together, right?" is so loving dumb it makes his whole brilliant schemer shtick fall completely flat. It's actually closer to the strawman of Edelgard's plan people who don't like her trot out than it is to something actually feasible.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wait, did Claude expect a war? Because I thought his plan was the equally goofy, "Hey, guys! Just wanted to know I blew up that fort stopping us from storming your lands and conquering. Just thought y'all should know. Wanna be friends now?"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

Wait, did Claude expect a war? Because I thought his plan was the equally goofy, "Hey, guys! Just wanted to know I blew up that fort stopping us from storming your lands and conquering. Just thought y'all should know. Wanna be friends now?"

I don't think he ever elaborated on his plan as he is allergic to telling you anything about himself or what he is trying to do.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If he didn't expect Fodlan to react in any other way than war, then he's even more of a dipshit than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Claude seems like a huge dumbass