Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Just lol at the recent rumors about the NFL wanting to move the Chargers to San Diego t. Louis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pops Mgee posted:

News: New Star Wars trailer drops during Monday Night Football tomorrow.

Views: I'm really mad I am going to have to watch at least the first half of that garbage fest. Hope the points threshold for halftime hits sooner rather than later.

Not only that, tickets go on sale at that time too. :f5:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just lol at the recent rumors about the NFL wanting to move the Chargers to San Diego t. Louis

a neat cape posted:

i will never be happy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I still dont get why the NFL approved Spanos's move in the first place instead of mailing him a note that said "this is embarassing, youre embarassing"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GD_American posted:

It still takes me three distinct mental steps to get to "Los Angeles Chargers", every time.

I'm not particularly concerned about changing.

I solved the problem by calling them the Los Angeles Traitors.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Michael Thomas has 62 catches for 763 yards.

He has played seven games.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Barudak posted:

I still dont get why the NFL approved Spanos's move in the first place instead of mailing him a note that said "this is embarassing, youre embarassing"

What I'd like to see is how much money Spanos is losing with the move. I guess he's hoping he'll recoup it when the new LA stadium is built? But aren't the Chargers renting from Kroenke?

Spanos dumb.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

What I'd like to see is how much money Spanos is losing with the move. I guess he's hoping he'll recoup it when the new LA stadium is built? But aren't the Chargers renting from Kroenke?

Spanos dumb.

I think most of hte financial windfall was supposed to be from PSLs HOWEVER...

nobody in LA seems to give a poo poo the chargers are there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GD_American posted:

I feel like writers had a "The NFC south shows how important keeping your starting QB healthy is" all ready to go and now here we are.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

The man is earning his money.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Barudak posted:

No, please let him fall to the Saints.

Hes not falling that far

yeah unless he has some crazy fall off he’s gonna he a top five pick

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://www.wtae.com/article/steelers-linebacker-anthony-chickillo-arrested-facing-several-charges/29528843

Is there anyone on that roster at any point in time that doesnt abuse women

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Barudak posted:

The intention was to give Spanos leverage in negotiations for a new stadium in San Diego and as a sweetener for his vote in in the Ram's move. They never intended for him to actually move the team but Spanos is an idiot.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

This loss was seriously nearly as bad as the loss against the Jags a couple years back, which is my gold standard for Charger Loss

The worst one I ever saw was the one against the Saints back in 2016. Chargers were up 33-20 late in the 4th at Qualcomm, then Gordon and a wideout (i'm forgetting if it was Tyrell or Benjamin off the top of my head) both fumbled the ball away and gave the Saints two quick TDs and the win at 34-33. I remember that one the most, because a Saints fan was going loving nuts in the bar I was sitting in at the time and I couldn't do anything other than get steadily more drunk.

The Packer one in 15 was embarrassing too. Rivers threw for over 500 yards, didn't commit a turnover the entire game, Packers still won despite having the ball for like 20 mins because the defense was the John Pagano Experience before drafting Bosa.

Barudak posted:

Because Dean is a sniveling Yes Man who thought that if he was loyal enough to the other owners, it'd work out for him regardless of whether they stayed in SD or moved to LA. He is a billionaire, and failed to realize that he was dealing with other billionaires, who have no concept of loyalty to begin with.

The thing y'all have to understand about Dean is that he's basically a trust fund dipshit with terrible business sense.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 21, 2019

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I think we all agree that Spanos is an idiot, but the “yes man” narrative makes it sound like he has a legitimate grievance about being betrayed by the other owners. He really doesn’t; as much as I love the Raiders in Oakland, moving them to Las Vegas is a great move, and there was always a ton of support for them in southern CA even when they were 500 miles north and terrible, and those people certainly weren’t going to become Chargers fans.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the issue is the other owners knew he was a dipshit and then gave him the opportunity to make the biggest dipshit move possible. If they had said "its san diego or st. Louis, you're not getting LA" they'd have still let him do something dumb as hell but itd be less damaging to the NFL than to have a dangling appendage team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thank you Bucs. Thank you.

quote:

According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots inquired about O.J. Howard but were told he's not available.

Howard would make an incredible amount of sense for the Patriots, who have yet to find an adequate replacement for retired tight end Rob Gronkowski. The 2017 first-rounder has yet to click in Bruce Arians' offense, but was excellent a year ago, leading the position in yards per reception (16.6) while also showing promise as a blocker. Joining forces with Tom Brady in New England would no doubt come as a major boost to Howard's stagnant fantasy stock, though unfortunately for all of us, it doesn't appear the Bucs will entertain that possibility.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cris Collinsworth is on the Epstein flight logs:

https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1186081782807945217

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

HERE'S A GUY

who diddles kids

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Thank you Bucs. Thank you.

This rumor has been going on for weeks and there is no way they'd trade him unless they got a stupid offer. He's cost controlled for 3 more years as well. Shame Arians doesn't know how to use a modern TE. They should just use him as WR3 moving forward since they insist on throwing to loving Breshard Perriman and Scotty Miller on key third downs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does St. Louis even want a football team? What markets out there in the US would be big enough and willing to build some NFL cathedral and would want to take the Chargers?

The Bengals lease is up in like 6 years, possibly sooner with lawsuit stuff pending, and there is like zero traction for them in Cincy for a publicly funded building or giant renovation.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Imagining cris collinsworth sliding into frame next to epstein

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Was Cris the guy who was talking about flexible young bodies the other day during a game?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Barudak posted:

Was Cris the guy who was talking about flexible young bodies the other day during a game?

Yes and he also gushed about all 230 lbs of man that is ezekiel elliot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yesterday also had an announcer going all :biotruths: about fast twitch muscle fiber and lamar jackson.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yesterday also had an announcer going all :biotruths: about fast twitch muscle fiber and lamar jackson.

Also words about noted dual threat (black) quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. Banner day for announcing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah that was awkward as hell

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Teddy is 100% a dual threat, he can both pass the ball and hand off the ball.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1186283296277303297?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lookin good

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kalli posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901759&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post499309588

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kalli posted:

Incorrect, that's his address book that his Butler gave to the feds. Guess which one got in trouble?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

You know exactly who it was. It was Benjamin.

The Jags lost was just comical. We had the ball, the lead, and picked off Blake Bortles TWICE inside the two minute warning. A three and out and branden Oliver fumble later and we lose by three.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

speaking of announcing, it's gonna be sad to see Greg Olsen retire but it'll be nice to hear him in the booth more because he's a really fuckin' good commentator, he's Tony Romo without some of Tony's more obnoxious traits

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1186300988858220545?s=21

Views: :lol:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Didn’t Cris Collinsworth “joke” about how it was easy to manipulate teenage girls back when he played?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Cris has resting pedo face and that's all the proof I need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I thought Al was the one into young girls https://youtu.be/J1fF2tkMUU8