Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Saw some Switch pro controllers with a headphone jack at the shops the other day while i was getting Ringfit. Can’t remember if they were official or rinky dink 3rd party ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Goufuem/status/1185325700850442240

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Avalerion posted:

Opinions about the switch pro controller? I ended up playing the switch mainly docked so considering getting one but picked up some complains about the d pad - apparently you gotta open it up and do stuff with tape to fix... something? Which i’m not willing to do.

i have 2, love em.

full disclosure i play all games docked except for stardew, so a comfy controller is a must

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pro controllers are great. I get around the dpad issue by never using it. One day I'll probably have to. Til then though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am loving Into the Breach and I hate that I'm sort of late to the game at this point. Are there any goons who are still talking about it on here?

EDIT: nm, found it, and am contemplating necro-ing it (last post was from May :negative:).
Talk away! I got into it late too and wound up playing a bunch yesterday. I've got two unlocks to go I think. Finally made some sense of the Steel Judoka but that run blew out when I did the desert island last and didn't have enough options for dealing with the burrowers -- trying to remember to always do that island early before they spawn. cause they're the one enemy type that consistently gives me trouble with some squads.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The game is about how Ring and dragaux used to be a couple, it almost feels like sauron and the one ring are spicing things up by seeing other people.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s a good game, would highly recommend. You just shouldn’t play it for more than like a half hour at a time which is kinda cool, it means I can’t binge through it. The story is dumb as hell but charming. Combining the impulse that RPG players get to make bigger numbers with literal fitness was a stroke of genius. Nintendo has done it again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wouldn't mind playing a real game -- Fire Emblem or Mario or whatever -- but with physical actions in place of controls. In some genres I think it could be a ton more immersive.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vegetable posted:

I wouldn't mind playing a real game -- Fire Emblem or Mario or whatever -- but with physical actions in place of controls. In some genres I think it could be a ton more immersive.

In its tomb the Kinect stirs

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
kinect is bad, but wii era waggle was pretty fun when done well

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Vegetable posted:

You're looking for Skyward Sword. It was controversial, to say the least.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
also the ds games that took advantage of the ds being weird for its time, like kirbys canvas curse

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Get the Wii version of Phoenix Wright where you can shout Objection and point with the remote.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Talk away! I got into it late too and wound up playing a bunch yesterday. I've got two unlocks to go I think. Finally made some sense of the Steel Judoka but that run blew out when I did the desert island last and didn't have enough options for dealing with the burrowers -- trying to remember to always do that island early before they spawn. cause they're the one enemy type that consistently gives me trouble with some squads.

How much time have you put into it, generally? I'm still on the first island, but I'm not frustrated even when I lose; it's very much a 'well, that was my fault, so...'

Maybe this game will make me stop wanting Invisible Inc on the Switch so much.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want Ring controls for Mario Kart 8. Steer with ring, squeeze to power slide, jerk it forward or back to attack.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
playing ds games in the living room after thanksgiving dinner with the whole family gathered around the tv watching football. to progress the story link has to get the attention of a nearby sailor which means i need to yell into the ds microphpne. so i put the ds really close to my face and give it a real breathy whisper hoping that will be enough for the ds to register it as talking.

pspspspsps...PSPSPSPSPSPS! Nothing. at this point my entire family is looking at me and thinking I'm even more hosed up and weird than usual so i take my ds into the bathroom and close the door, but I'm still close enough to the living room that my family will hear me if i belt out a hearty hello to Links new sailor friend so i open the mirror and kind of half bury my ds and my face into the medicine cabinet. PSPSPSPSPSPSPS!!!!.....PSTPSTPSTPSTPST!!!! my grandma asks if I'm okay from the other rookm and i yell back yes im fine. I look down at the screen and that was enough to get the sailors attention. I guess it goes to show that without my grandma i wouldn't have been able to get further in the gamr, which i guess goes to show that Nintendo really is all about bringing people together

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I want Ring controls for Mario Kart 8. Steer with ring, squeeze to power slide, jerk it forward or back to attack.

strap the leg con to your arm so you can make the motion of throwing the shells

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Live Free posted:

playing ds games in the living room after thanksgiving dinner with the whole family gathered around the tv watching football. to progress the story link has to get the attention of a nearby sailor which means i need to yell into the ds microphpne. so i put the ds really close to my face and give it a real breathy whisper hoping that will be enough for the ds to register it as talking.

pspspspsps...PSPSPSPSPSPS! Nothing. at this point my entire family is looking at me and thinking I'm even more hosed up and weird than usual so i take my ds into the bathroom and close the door, but I'm still close enough to the living room that my family will hear me if i belt out a hearty hello to Links new sailor friend so i open the mirror and kind of half bury my ds and my face into the medicine cabinet. PSPSPSPSPSPSPS!!!!.....PSTPSTPSTPSTPST!!!! my grandma asks if I'm okay from the other rookm and i yell back yes im fine. I look down at the screen and that was enough to get the sailors attention. I guess it goes to show that without my grandma i wouldn't have been able to get further in the gamr, which i guess goes to show that Nintendo really is all about bringing people together

here's a trick, blow into the mic. If it's volume related, which most mic based input is, this will trigger the event and be pretty silent.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Live Free posted:

Sir this is a Wendy's drive-thru

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xad posted:

Sir this is a Wendy's drive-thru

Fart

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Live Free posted:

Alternatively, "hello! ...oh don't mind me, this thing has a microphone and I needed to use it for the game, weird right?"

Or I guess do a weird hannibal lecter thing, that's def less embarrassing

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

pixaal posted:

here's a trick, blow into the mic. If it's volume related, which most mic based input is, this will trigger the event and be pretty silent.

You can also tap it, that's enough to register as a sound.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Ring Fit sounds like my jam but I already have a 4-day exercise routine and I wonder if it’s going to get in the way of recovery.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

pixaal posted:

That's how some friends and I cheesed Donkey Konga. loving hands hurt too much to clap so you just blow into the mic.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

pixaal posted:

I think that doesn't actually work for that one? gently caress, it's been over a decade since I played but now I'm getting flashbacks to the trauma of being forced to choose between not progressing or making noise. Definitely the cruelest thing Nintendo has ever done.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Odd Mutant posted:

Ring Fit sounds like my jam but I already have a 4-day exercise routine and I wonder if it’s going to get in the way of recovery.
It's not really intense enough for that, especially if you play it for a single session.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

It's not really intense enough for that, especially if you play it for a single session.

Nice humble brag

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vegetable posted:

Wario Ware Twisted was too good for this world

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Beastie posted:

That's how some friends and I cheesed Donkey Konga. loving hands hurt too much to clap so you just blow into the mic.

If Donkey Kong can fight through the pain, so can you.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Live Free posted:

also the ds games that took advantage of the ds being weird for its time, like kirbys canvas curse

Also that game was fantastic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PantsBandit posted:

If Donkey Kong can fight through the pain, so can you.

Donkey Kong ain't human I tell ya

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Vegetable posted:

I get where you're coming from with mario but how would this work for fire emblem?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Raserys posted:

I get where you're coming from with mario but how would this work for fire emblem?

I kiss my joycon

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

strap the leg con to your arm so you can make the motion of throwing the shells

But then how do you use the gas pedal?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'll play BotW all over again in master mode if they add Ringcon compatibility like we talked about on an earlier page.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Vegetable posted:

One of the battle exercises in Ring Fit is plank. You can finish enemies off by thrusting your hips up and down.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Mario housework: jump on roomba to progress

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Raserys posted:

pick up units like you're moving a figure on a board game, hand them the weapon you want them to attack with

it would be terrible but also incredible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brother Entropy posted:

pick up units like you're moving a figure on a board game, hand them the weapon you want them to attack with

it would be terrible but also incredible

Time to tip the scales

*flips board*

Now that's strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Live Free posted:

you could've just fake coughed