Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ever wanted a random closed-head injury at home? Here's your chance!

I like to believe that constructions like this are kind of like fashion-show-runway clothing: flashy, dramatic, and daring, but not at all designed for the real world.

Sadly, we all know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Despite the lack of handrails It's not so dangerous for a normal adult because after you've taken a few steps your head is already above the ceiling's level and even if you lost balance you would have something to lean on. Below that level the worst you could do is fall a couple of feet.

Still not a good idea.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Nenonen posted:

Despite the lack of handrails It's not so dangerous for a normal adult because after you've taken a few steps your head is already above the ceiling's level and even if you lost balance you would have something to lean on. Below that level the worst you could do is fall a couple of feet.

Still not a good idea.
In all honesty, I can't imagine a set of one story stairs that everything here doesn't apply to. Like, very few sets of stairs from one floor to the next are adjacent to a bottomless chasm. Handrails exist specifically to keep people from falling a couple of feet.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So ugly too, like an unholy combination of attic stairs and pool stairs.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Slugworth posted:

In all honesty, I can't imagine a set of one story stairs that everything here doesn't apply to. Like, very few sets of stairs from one floor to the next are adjacent to a bottomless chasm. Handrails exist specifically to keep people* from falling a couple of feet.

*children

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I want to see a picture of the top, because I'm betting it doesn't have any railings or anything up there and it's just a giant rectangular pit yawning in the floor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my fave detail is the step that's pressed right against the ceiling

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I wonder what the treads are made of, 2 layers of plywood and some construction adhesive? Would that be rigid enough to keep the grout from cracking?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Legit thought the dark tiles in the center were lights so that you had a beam of light blasting your retinas with every step.

Synthbuttrange posted:

my fave detail is the step that's pressed right against the ceiling

Hell, same, for the reason that it looks slight shorter than the rest of the steps and will absolutely surprise and throw you off balance the first few times you encounter it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Thanks to google images search:

1426 Springbrook Drive, Kenova, WV 25530 Listed for $589,900

I think this is the top of the stairs:

I like the kitchen, nice and roomy.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Someone should get punched for bringing those suspended 3” deep bathroom medicine cabinets into existence.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This has some serious point-and-click adventure vibes. Or maybe original Tomb Raider. There's a bear waiting to jump out at you when you round that curve.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think this is the top of the stairs:

Hang on, does that mean in that in addition to everything else, that staircase is actually curved? Or it's straight while the cutout is curved? I'm not sure which is worse.

Also the kitchen/bathroom drawers are going to be infuriating because they'll jam into the neighboring drawer, won't they? Like you can't open one if a neighbor is open?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ashcans posted:

Also the kitchen/bathroom drawers are going to be infuriating because they'll jam into the neighboring drawer, won't they? Like you can't open one if a neighbor is open?

When you’re looking for something do you open every drawer in the kitchen simultaneously like a monster

Also the answer is yes, except pairs of adjacent drawers can work in tandem. Look at the floor border and you can see the tangents of the base cabinets

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Devor posted:

When you’re looking for something do you open every drawer in the kitchen simultaneously like a monster

Also the answer is yes, except pairs of adjacent drawers can work in tandem. Look at the floor border and you can see the tangents of the base cabinets

Don't be ridiculous.

I just leave all the drawers varying degrees of open all the time so I don't have to bother opening them to look for things!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

What's with the big cutout infront of the window? I can't figure out what purpose it would serve. Is it supposed to be a breakfast nook in a nookless room?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That's where they're going to put the toilet.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Devor posted:

That house definitely has a poltergeist, so, yes.

Nevets posted:

What's with the big cutout infront of the window? I can't figure out what purpose it would serve. Is it supposed to be a breakfast nook in a nookless room?

Wheelchair rollup for when the owner falls down the stairs.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Nevets posted:

I think you're suppose to put stools there so you can eat and look out the window.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That's where they're going to put the toilet.

GreenNight posted:

I think you're suppose to put stools there so you can eat and look out the window.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nevets posted:

Given the extra depth on that counter, my guess is that so someone other than an NBA center can open, close or even clean that window.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Nevets posted:

That unmatched cabinet base beside the sink messes everything up.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

That unmatched cabinet base beside the sink messes everything up.

And who decided the best place for a floor vent was right in front of the sink? Better hope it never springs a leak...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hmmm, it's from a $589k house in West VIrginia.

https://www.callthecoles.com/-/listing/301071239/1426-Springbrook-Drive-Kenova-WV-25530?content_index=5198128

:argh: should have read more.

Bonus: THE DESCRIPTION IS ALL IN CAPS!!!

Tag yourself: I'm the white butthole sculpture on slide 15

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 21, 2019

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

Given the extra depth on that counter, my guess is that so someone other than an NBA center can open, close or even clean that window.

It also helps to pass dishes out the window if you’re having a deck party.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Hmmm, it's from a $589k house in West VIrginia.

https://www.callthecoles.com/-/listing/301071239/1426-Springbrook-Drive-Kenova-WV-25530?content_index=5198128

:argh: should have read more.

Bonus: THE DESCRIPTION IS ALL IN CAPS!!!

Tag yourself: I'm the white butthole sculpture on slide 15

I'm STAR GAZZING

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nevets posted:

It's the drive-thru window.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Not sure how crappy it is. On one hand it's cool, but on the other I'd hate living in it year round.

Also why do all Realtors seem to use a potato phone for pictures? Like wtf, this is a $350,000 listing.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Looking into the oven window to check on your cookies results in a literal 'sword of Damocles' situation.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Yeah; whatever you do, don't slam the oven door.

Why the gently caress would you want to keep your good cutlery up there anyway. Jesus.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yooper posted:

Also why do all Realtors seem to use a potato phone for pictures? Like wtf, this is a $350,000 listing.

It's more likely the MLS is compressing the hell out of the photos.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Those are actually just poo poo photos and lighting though. I oddly like that great room situation and if I were single tomorrow maybe I'd go live in it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
More lighting and resolution is only going to make it so you can see the grime. Right now you can tell yourself it's compression artifacts.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

white butthole sculpture

:yosnice:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I was sure there weren't any outlets on the counter but found them peeking out from behind the bric a brac. There is no way that spacing meets code, look at the blank wall between the stove top and sink.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PainterofCrap posted:

Yeah; whatever you do, don't slam the oven door.

Why the gently caress would you want to keep your good cutlery up there anyway. Jesus.

Continuous heat treatment.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

When you want your kitchen to also double as the bridge set for your Star Trek fan films.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

My staircase is modeled on the spine of a brontosaurus, please respect my artistic vision
Bringing the total number of intact spines to 1

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm the randomly placed heat register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

FCKGW posted:

It's more likely the MLS is compressing the hell out of the photos.

Nah, my new houses' listing on the realtor's own website was only 5 or 6 640x480 highly compressed jpg's. If it weren't for the fact that it was only 10 doors down from another place that was my number 1 I probably wouldn't have even looked at it. Hilariously number 1 turned out to be a beautifully photographed hot mess of 1800's tiny rooms and closets and the one I almost skipped was head and shoulders above everything else I looked at.