Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MasterSitsu posted:

on the CBC map most of those ATL ridings are showing up or down by 9-30 votes so I dont see why anyone is panicking about anything other than to kill time.

also remember rural ridings always report first which usually gives a slight lean to the cons early on, but it still looks like the libs have lost a lot of votes in the maritimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Archie MacKinnon the invisible man owns.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the site I'm looking at, its 18 Lib, 8 CON, 1 NDP. So far that doesn't seem too bad? From the "Cons must lose at all costs" position.

How about from a, those 9 non Liberal seats means they can only lose a net 8 seats for the rest of the country. And they're going to lose a shittonne in Quebec, position?

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

MasterSitsu posted:

I dont see why anyone is panicking about anything other than to kill time.

because it's fun!

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Voted in Ottawa centre for NDP. It was around 5, so there were significant lines, more than I've seen in the last few elections at least.

I'm still sad that the Liberals took this riding from Paul Dewar, who then went on to die of brain cancer :smith:

Since the incumbent is one of the less objectionable liberal cabinet members, I'm not too hopeful, but fingers crossed for a return to the historically normal Orange hue.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the site I'm looking at, its 18 Lib, 8 CON, 1 NDP. So far that doesn't seem too bad? From the "Cons must lose at all costs" position.

I think it's bad from the "Maritimes are solid red" assumption the pundits were working from.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wasnt trudeau supposed to do some electoral reform when he won last time

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Svaha posted:

Voted in Ottawa centre for NDP. It was around 5, so there were significant lines, more than I've seen in the last few elections at least.

I'm still sad that the Liberals took this riding from Paul Dewar, who then went on to die of brain cancer :smith:

Since the incumbent is one of the less objectionable liberal cabinet members, I'm not too hopeful, but fingers crossed for a return to the historically normal Orange hue.

It feels like Taman has a good shot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Yeah... so funny thing about that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

lol

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Voted orange in York South-Weston. Now, to a bar to watch the results come in.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

DynamicSloth posted:

How about from a, those 9 non Liberal seats means they can only lose a net 8 seats for the rest of the country. And they're going to lose a shittonne in Quebec, position?

Okay so wait a sec, my map doesn't seem to be like declared winners. It changed to 24 lib, 5 con, 1 NDP.

Is there someone here who can give us a good play by play as to whats going on?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

peter mansbridge has gotten fat

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Do we have like an IRC for live doomsaying in real time?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Okay so wait a sec, my map doesn't seem to be like declared winners. It changed to 24 lib, 5 con, 1 NDP.

the map is just showing who's leading and a lot of the leads are really small because they're tight races, so they're switching back and forth a lot, and are more likely to switch cpc->lib because the cpc tend to do better in early results from rural districts

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Uncle Wemus posted:

He promised!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do we have like an IRC for live doomsaying in real time?

less than three posted:

Revolution IRC for Android.
PC: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/

#diefenbunker

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
NDP up to 2!

vyelkin posted:

the map is just showing who's leading and a lot of the leads are really small because they're tight races, so they're switching back and forth a lot, and are more likely to switch cpc->lib because the cpc tend to do better in early results from rural districts

Dankeshon!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

The thing you're looking at is the play by play. The polls are still reporting in, these are projections pased on the polls that have reported in. This is the maximum level of knowing what's going on possible just now.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

The close risings will keep flipping as more and more polls come in if the results are really close, or if they just report early results from smaller polls

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Peter Mansbridge is looking like he's having a good retirement. Unshaved, a little heavier, a little less sober? Good for him

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh yes, these are still early returns, but last time this was all red wedding by this time. Liberals have definitely taken a hit in a region they didn't want to fall back in.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Uncle Wemus posted:

lol

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Just voted NDP, and somehow managed the feat of getting my staunchly Liberal "Did you know when the NDP took office in Ontario, they bankrupted the whole province" mother to also go orange.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just had a McKenna canvasser come up to my door and ask if I voted for her.

I said no, he asked why, I said NDP, he said I was the third one on my floor to say that.

Soooo. That’s a weird interaction but go my floor.

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

Voted for NDP in my area, though I don't have much hope considering this is where I live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5dhhT4YWn8&t=2s

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jordan7hm posted:

Just had a McKenna canvasser come up to my door and ask if I voted for her.

I said no, he asked why, I said NDP, he said I was the third one on my floor to say that.

Soooo. That’s a weird interaction but go my floor.

One day we're going to have arcologies and literally have floor by floor results.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So Singh likes em younger eh?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My new riding apparently went like 66% for Jason Kenney last federal election and then 77% his Con replacement in the byelection after he slithered off to provincial politics.

But since I'm the only person I know who has voted in the area right now, exit polls are reporting a 100% NDP win in Calgary-Midnapore.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

He did. Then they looked at the numbers some more and discovered it would benefit the left, who the liberals despise more than anyone, and decided that it was "unworkable"

So we are still stuck with this lovely system, but at least there is vote splitting on the right this go-around, so everyone loses! :haw:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

So Singh likes em younger eh?

Or just hot.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

horny really needs to be prohibited here also

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

SoggyBobcat posted:

NDP looks like the have a good shot of retaking St. John's East.

Officially called for the NDP, according to the CBC website. :toot:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

+1 Orange South Surrey - White Rock. It’s a horrible district. Nice trees though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
These guys are just desperately hoping for more polls to come in.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Maybe it's for the best the bar I'm at doesn't have the sound on.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Rhinos have 2 votes and the PPC just broke 1000.

This is unacceptable.

cnut
May 3, 2016

:siren: The Animal Protection Party has 7 votes :siren:

e: 18!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Excelzior posted:

horny really needs to be prohibited here also

in that case ban every green voter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU