Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:doom:: "You will be handsomely compensated for your activities in pestering that mouthy arachnid half as much as he pesters me."
:hitler:: "Buddy, I'd do it for free"

:hitler::"I've been doing it for free the last decade now, you amateur."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Doom and JJJ laying on the floor in their PJs exchanging tips on how to ruin Richards and Spider-man's days

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Doom and JJJ laying on the floor in their PJs exchanging tips on how to ruin Richards and Spider-man's days

Wh... what do Doom's PJs look like?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Robot Pigeon TV aside, this is actually a pretty hosed up plot so far. Hitting what's probably Spider's weakest point, his inability to save someone close to him, just for starters is pretty cold.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love that third panel with the two of them each suggestively spreading their legs in different ways.

And then MJ somehow seeing it by corkscrewing her neck up and around and out of the cab window to watch.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The next day, Jameson yells at Peter to get pictures of his corpse. It takes both of them several strips to realise the flaw in this logic.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Samuringa posted:

Robot Pigeon TV aside, this is actually a pretty hosed up plot so far. Hitting what's probably Spider's weakest point, his inability to save someone close to him, just for starters is pretty cold.

On a bridge, no less. It's not the George Washington or the Brooklyn Bridge, is it?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

maltesh posted:

On a bridge, no less. It's not the George Washington or the Brooklyn Bridge, is it?

Queensboro, thankfully.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Elfface posted:

The next day, Jameson yells at Peter to get pictures of his corpse. It takes both of them several strips to realise the flaw in this logic.

Jonah all over the papers accusing Spider-Man of murdering him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Spider-Man is a menace to society! I should know, he murdered me when I threw myself off that water tower!"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

I don't think Doom would know Spider-Man personally knows JJJ, unless he knows his secret identity. He should just think JJJ's an outspoken Spider-Man critic who would be plausible for Spider-Man to murder.

Which means he probably should have made sure someone else saw JJJ jump, because it doesn't look like anyone did. Spider-Man could potentially be swinging away thinking "Welp, I did my job and tried. Won't be missing that rear end in a top hat."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Push El Burrito posted:

Well one thing is for certain, they have a cape.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Push El Burrito posted:

His PJ's and day clothes are one in the same. He just uses a different set each day.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"To obscure that it's a Jonahbot instead of the real Jonah, I'll have an artificial fog cloud halfway between the ground, where onlookers are, and the top of the tower. This fog cloud will obscure everything that happens above it from the viewpoint of the witnesses, meaning no one will see that Spidey doesn't actually push Jonah. Also the Jonahbot will explode within the fog cloud, so on one will see it hitting the water either. Yesss, my plan to frame Spider-Man is flawless."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

There is only one thing to do Peter.
Kill them throw their bodies into the water. No one will ever know.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is destroying robots illegal in the Marvel comics? I mean, a lot of them are sentient.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

"To obscure that it's a Jonahbot instead of the real Jonah, I'll have an artificial fog cloud halfway between the ground, where onlookers are, and the top of the tower. This fog cloud will obscure everything that happens above it from the viewpoint of the witnesses, meaning no one will see that Spidey doesn't actually push Jonah. Also the Jonahbot will explode within the fog cloud, so on one will see it hitting the water either. Yesss, my plan to frame Spider-Man is flawless."

Daily Bugle front page the next morning:

SPIDER-MENACE SEEN CRAWLING OUT OF HUDSON

"Alright if it means that much to you, I guess he looked sorta guilty, Mr. Jameson" says onlooker

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Mattress posted:

Also the real Jonah is still alive and free.

"Look, I'm just gettin a little uncomfortable sitting here while you stare at the ceiling of my cab is all."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

"Look, I'm just gettin a little uncomfortable sitting here while you stare at the ceiling of my cab is all."

"It's the only way not to see the horror of your cab's floor, even in my peripheral vision."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Johnny Walker posted:

"You sure there's nothing between you and MJ, because... I'm a super-spy so I know when a cab is tailing me, and I can see her peeking out the window pretending to be nonchalant."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, but why Doom??

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Doom does as he pleases

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please let this be the end of the storyline and Peter is just left baffled and we never find out what Doom was doing with that doctor.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

...Voomy?

Victor von Voom?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Every day for the next two weeks, another JJJ robot will "die" with no apparent effect, until Spider-Man assumes that JJJ is secretly immortal and kills him for a joke.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Why is "Kraven the Hunter" supposed to be a "voomy" name? How about "Koward the Stalker"? Or "Kringe the Ambusher"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well OK then.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Johnny Walker posted:

Well OK then.

Panels 2 & 3 are MJ realising with horror just how stupid Peter-Man has made her.

"I've made a huge mistake." Next: FORSOOTH, SABRETOOTH!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cat Mattress posted:

Why is "Kraven the Hunter" supposed to be a "voomy" name? How about "Koward the Stalker"? Or "Kringe the Ambusher"?

Kraven knows how to party.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 22, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

Kraven knows how to party.

Oh my god what is this from??

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh my god what is this from??

Captain America: Sam Wilson #8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So..... does this park just have a big open enclosure with a panther, a gorilla and a rhino all chilling together?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kraven should be banned from that zoo imo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kraven's the exhibit. He lives there and they just let the other animals in for the show. "We'll be feeding the Kraven in thirty minutes. If you want to watch, please make your way to the Savannah Pavillion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Push El Burrito posted:

Kraven should be banned from that zoo imo.

But then he'd face God and walk backwards into Hell.