Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah like the NDP was always going to lose seats overall, it was just a question of how much they managed to hurt the Liberals in urban Ontario - that would be the difference between ~25-30 and ~35-40 seats. No gains in Toronto (yet) hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lisa Raitt is going to lose lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

mila kunis posted:

The NDP platform would save me money and i'm the white collar whatever in your example. It wouldn't address the root of my cost of living problem, which is sky high rent, but no one else was offering that either.

I'm just pissed off the NDP can't break their traditional 15% spot. And mad that the BQ are back in action after we all thought they'd been relegated to the dustbin of history.
Turns out all the right wing/ centrist predictions about the NDP being a rump party and their support in Quebec being a flash in the pan came true over the course of a decade.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah like the NDP was always going to lose seats overall, it was just a question of how much they managed to hurt the Liberals in urban Ontario - that would be the difference between ~25-30 and ~35-40 seats. No gains in Toronto (yet) hurts.

That's predictable. Toronto is being gentrified and loaded up with Tech bros, Finance Douches and rich hipsters and art kids. They're all Liberal voters not NDP. The traditional NDP base in Toronto is being renovicted outta there.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Interesting that both Philpott and JWR aren't even close in either of their ridings

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZeeBoi posted:

lmao that 3D projection of scheer

Wish they had him fall through the hologram floor.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1186467910593712128

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DariusLikewise posted:

CP24 and CTV already called the liberal candidate as the winner.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Rebel Media Youtube stream having a very normal one online

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

If the Liberals earn 150 or more seats this night is a success in every sense of the word.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Still don't get how they can call the election so early with margins this close. I guess there's a lot of confidence in the ridings Liberals are leading.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

bernier defeated :)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Brandon Proust posted:

Some good news

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

MasterSitsu posted:

Rebel Media Youtube stream having a very normal one online

US person unfamiliar with canadian politics here

please tell me "CANADA IS FOR EUROPEANS" is a common far-right rallying cry up there because holy lol i can't stop laughing. it just sounds so loving ridiculous even on its face

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
why the gently caress does cbc have a bernier hologram

at least he lost

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao bernier officially lost

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Brandon Proust posted:

loving LOL!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Get hosed Bernier

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

lmao bernier officially lost

RIP Bernier.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

MakaVillian posted:

Interesting that both Philpott and JWR aren't even close in either of their ridings

They have counted almost none of JWR's riding

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Get hosed Bernier

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ragnar Homsar posted:

US person unfamiliar with canadian politics here

please tell me "CANADA IS FOR EUROPEANS" is a common far-right rallying cry up there because holy lol i can't stop laughing. it just sounds so loving ridiculous even on its face

yes it's code for white people

harper used the term "old stock canadians" which is the same thing

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol at the Sun and other Post Media papers losing their minds about how the NDP will push the Liberals even farther left.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol at the Sun and other Post Media papers losing their minds about how the NDP will push the Liberals even farther left.

lol if only

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Close race. Thankfully I have my three friends to keep me company.

E: nvm looks like a liberal minority

I have the same stove lol

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
This conservative guy on the panel is such a lovely lying hack.

"Hating on the other guy is not enough...if we just talked about how bad Kathleen Wynne was we wouldn't have won.."

All the goddamn conservative ads were about how Wynne was the second coming of hitler

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I for sure thought I was gonna have to shell out for a new account after my brash rear end :toxx:. loving bloc man. gently caress this province sometimes.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

ZeeBoi posted:

yes it's code for white people

harper used the term "old stock canadians" which is the same thing

it's the literal worst possible code for white people lmao

like, how can you say "CANADA IS FOR EUROPEANS" and not just instantly feel silly at the nonsense that spilled out of your mouth. even ignoring the gross racism of it, at least "AMERICA FOR AMERICANS" doesn't instantly sound like word salad

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Alberta has never been the economic engine of Canada.
SHUT UP

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i know the conservatives aren't going to win the popular vote but they're really close right now and it'd be sort of funny

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

yellowcar posted:

lol if only

:smith:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Popular vote for party almost virtually tied

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Azerban posted:

i know the conservatives aren't going to win the popular vote but they're really close right now and it'd be sort of funny

theyre getting 70% of the vote in alberta

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

SHUT UP
sobbing heard in CBC dressing rooms

Kale
May 14, 2010

Conservatives just passed Liberals for Popular Vote. gently caress me this election.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
alberta projected to basically be a con sweep :negative:

i guess i shouldnt be surprised but still. this province sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013

DariusLikewise posted: