Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

toronto is pretty much painted red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

v probably an input error, there was one in Beauséjour briefly showing the Green ahead earlier too.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I'm really happy to be dead wrong when it comes to the PPC popular vote. I was expecting them to do much better than the 2% popular vote as polled because I thought people voting for them would be ashamed to admit it to a pollster.

Canada, I love you. :allears:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Scorchy posted:

LOL Vancouver is loving going Conservative because of NDP and JWR vote splitting

I really really don't understand the sudden resurgence of conservatism as an ideology this decade and what exactly people think it offers them. CBC practically reading the NDP's death knell here. I really don't understand what it's gonna take besides demographics, but even then I see a lot of young conservatives these days and I just don't understand again why

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

E-May is extremely popular in her riding. A fortress of green.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The great centrist Jack Layton

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Kale posted:

I really really don't understand the sudden resurgence of conservatism as an ideology this decade and what exactly people think it offers them. CBC practically reading the NDP's death knell here. I really don't understand what it's gonna take besides demographics, but even then I see a lot of young conservatives these days and I just don't understand again why

Social media algorithms

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

v probably an input error, there was one in Beauséjour briefly showing the Green ahead earlier too.

and we're back

Kale
May 14, 2010

Scorchy posted:

Social media algorithms

That seems to have a LOT to do with it yeah

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Death to Lisa Raitt

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I think somebody accidentally added 8000 votes to the Green total, they are back down to 806 now

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

"""Lisa's a good MP"""

Edit: "I wouldn't call Ms.Raitt yet'"

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

bahaha van Koeverden was on the phone with Raitt when they called it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Van Kooveerden

"feels good man"

A good MP

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I'll be glad once I know if the eye of sauron in ed-strathcona stays.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/3DownNation/status/1186485239696232448

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

are the CPC gonna actually win the pop vote or are the urban vote counts gonna swing it back

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Whoa an independent is leading and Mad Max isnt lmao

Whos the indy? One of the two liberal exiles?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

stab posted:

Whoa an independent is leading and Mad Max isnt lmao

Whos the indy? One of the two liberal exiles?

JWR in Vancouver–Granville, yeah

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Jody ahead......by 15 votes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1186421232243216385

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Kale posted:

There has always been a lot of young conservatives. It's not a new thing and the symptoms are the same. It's mostly kids who inherit it from their parents.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Kale posted:

the NDP have seemingly given up trying to contest conservative strongholds. if you're a rural, hate the liberals, and aren't in northern ontario who are you going to vote for?

edit:

https://twitter.com/TheEagleist/status/1186473697575690241

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Do it ironically posted:

Who are all these loving pieces of poo poo outside Alberta/sask/Manitoba voting con why is our country awful

It's always amusing to me when people from Ontario and BC seem to think it's only the Prairies that are conservative

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

I can take him

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Picnic Princess posted:

I already have people crying over the Betrayal of the West :laffo:

gently caress the west, and I live here.

I feel dirty, voting strategically and still not winning, even if Nirmala got closer than anyone else in Calgary.

Still, at least the cons are salty over not winning either, nationally, so that's something.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

MasterSitsu posted:

are the CPC gonna actually win the pop vote or are the urban vote counts gonna swing it back

A lot of Ontario is still counting so the Lib popular vote is probably going to keep climbing as those report in.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Kale posted:

People love the idea that they can become successful merely via bootstrapping themselves to victory.

Is there a comprehensive site on the racism throughout the PPC? A friend is very misguided

Kale
May 14, 2010

Alright CBC finally has the elected liberals past where the leading Conservatives can possibly catch them. I can finally unclench a little. 2016 US Elections always have me wondering about last minute surprise windfalls for right wingers.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I see Jenny Kwan won again, continuing her singular antagonism of CI

Kale posted:

Alright CBC finally has the elected liberals past where the leading Conservatives can possibly catch them. I can finally unclench a little. 2016 US Elections always have me wondering about last minute surprise windfalls for right wingers.

there are rarely those kinds of surprises because two of the most important provinces are counted almost immediately.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 22, 2019

Kale
May 14, 2010

Whole lotta love for Lisa Raitt on CBC :barf:

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Weird BIAS posted:

115/198 polls reported

Heather
McPherson
New Democrat

Elected

47.0 %

14,892 votes

CBC has called it. Time to relax, sort of.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

MasterSitsu posted:

I can take him

He might've been around for the American one

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Kale posted:

Still don't get how they can call the election so early with margins this close. I guess there's a lot of confidence in the ridings Liberals are leading.

The news organizations have a much more detailed feed from the elections. It details things like poll box by poll box numbers and the like, allowing them to do statistical analysis on the fly of each riding. (There literally is a room of math geeks at a couple of the news organizations like cbc and ctv). CTV used to have a rule (might still do) that they wouldn't call anything until they had a 99.9% assurance of the result.

They're looking for things like "which way does box 17, 73, 104 go, as they were the closest last time". (I'm grossly simplifying it).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

It's always amusing to me when people from Ontario and BC seem to think it's only the Prairies that are conservative

It's somewhat difficult to admit the places you live in (and love in some cases) are also racist hellholes

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I feel dirty, voting strategically and still not winning, even if Nirmala got closer than anyone else in Calgary.

Still, at least the cons are salty over not winning either, nationally, so that's something.

I knew a strategic vote didn't stand a chance in my riding, so I voted true. But I was surprised and pleased to see someone on my street with a Green lawn sign, that takes balls here. Never thought I would see someone here be that bold.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Weird BIAS posted:

excuse me, Eye of Layton

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

Southern and central Ontario could rival almost any part of Alberta.

Kale
May 14, 2010

CBC practically giving the Goodnight Sweet Prince soliloquy for Lisa Raitt for the last 10 minutes.

edit: The Ford Factor :getin:

edit 2: But seriously he is just done next provincial election right? Right?

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Some people are going to try to convince Trump to buy Alberta and Saskatchewan this week just you wait.