Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Now the Sun is leaning into “this isn’t fair, a majority of Canadians didn’t vote for JT, why does he get to be PM again?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

miltonians miltonians miltonians

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Okay gently caress off lisa raitt and gently caress off this woman with the 1970s haircut

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's somewhat difficult to admit the places you live in (and love in some cases) are also racist hellholes

Not emptyquoting this. :(

If nothing else I can take solace in the fact that we aren't stuck with a conservative majority government for a few more years.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Dreylad posted:

excuse me, Eye of Layton

We going to rechristen it as the Eye of Singh?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
E
L
E
V
E
N

Y
E
A
R
S

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ben_MCarter/status/1186486915060719617

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Weird BIAS posted:

We going to rechristen it as the Eye of Singh?

Yeah probably not.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MaoistBanker posted:

Some people are going to try to convince Trump to buy Alberta and Saskatchewan this week just you wait.

Those people would be Jason Kenney and the majority of Albertans (sorry weird little orange blob in Edmonton).

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Candice Bergen got 70% of the vote. I hate my riding!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh poo poo, Global dude just said the territories are going to matter more due to climate change

Blue voters gonna be pissed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

littleorv posted:

Wait, Murphy Brown?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

littleorv posted:

I, too, hate my conservative riding.

:smith::hf::smith:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Found out my riding went to the Liberal Incumbent in Burlington, ON. Could have been worse easily considering it was Conservative for like 10 years or something before that and the challenger this time was considered reasonably strong.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

MaoistBanker posted:

Some people are going to try to convince Trump to buy Alberta and Saskatchewan this week just you wait.

On it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

this is doug ford's riding (renata is rob's widow)

lol

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Picnic Princess posted:

I knew a strategic vote didn't stand a chance in my riding, so I voted true. But I was surprised and pleased to see someone on my street with a Green lawn sign, that takes balls here. Never thought I would see someone here be that bold.

My NDP sign was stolen and trashed, and my back fence graffitied in the provincial election. I didn't bother getting one this time, even aside from not being sure who I'd vote for until a few days ago. I've got mad respect for that green sign owner, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

yellowcar posted:

lol

Wow that's a pretty on the nose name for a Ford riding isn't it

Kale
May 14, 2010

yellowcar posted:

lol

I still don't understand how you go from winning a majority government to the Albatross of an entire party in just over a year and now we're stuck with the fat gently caress till at least 2022 even though everybody justifiably hates him now. Little late for that this cycle

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Kale posted:

I still don't understand how you go from winning a majority government to the Albatross of an entire party in just over a year

Voters are extremely dumb

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kale posted:

I still don't understand how you go from winning a majority government to the Albatross of an entire party in just over a year and now we're stuck with the fat gently caress till at least 2022 even though everybody justifiably hates him now. Little late for that this cycle

It pretty much cost the CPC the election so we took one for the team but ugh, he is going to triple down on all his dumb bad ideas and this province likely wont ever recover.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

EDITORIAL: Post-election, it’s time for a dose of humility

Ha ha ha...gently caress you.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Yeaaaah, get hosed RFO

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

MaoistBanker posted:

Already happened :D

The majority of Canadians voted for a left-leaning government and that's good enough for me. Vote splitting isn't a problem on the right when the other party is the PPC lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
#RobWouldHaveWon

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As a newish Canadian should I be worried that a federal party that has won a few seats is talking a lot about sovereignty?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Stay safe canagoons, I love you all and am only I little sippy-poo drunk cuz I gotta work in the morning

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

The majority of Canadians voted for a left-leaning government and that's good enough for me. Vote splitting isn't a problem on the right when the other party is the PPC lol

?

~35-36% voted for a right-wing government
~24% voted for a left-wing or left-wing-with-racist-characteristics government

But the largest block of voters, about 39, chose Forward.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

I'm honestly not sure whether to feel good or bad that the PPC didn't significantly split the vote on the right.

Like on the one hand, it showed that the PPC and everything they represent are deeply unpopular and they have zero leverage to try to worm their way back into the party into leadership positions (not that the CPC needs help being dragged even further to the right anyway).

On the other hand it means that the CPC ended up gaining seats.

Madkal posted:

As a newish Canadian should I be worried that a federal party that has won a few seats is talking a lot about sovereignty?

Nah they always do that

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Madkal posted:

no

Kale
May 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

It pretty much cost the CPC the election so we took one for the team but ugh, he is going to triple down on all his dumb bad ideas and this province likely wont ever recover.

Basically but yeah...that....

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeaaaah, get hosed RFO

Alright. Some good news before I go to bed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Madkal posted:

No, they've been winning seats for 50 years and arent close to achieving it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

sweet thursday posted:

There's probably not many countries in the world where the parties that identify as being right wing conservative factions only win around 35% of the total vote. It's messed up that if the numbers fall just right they can win an easy majority government with that 35%, but this time around we got a good result for what could have been expected.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Does anyone know when advanced votes are counted? Are they included with the count tonight?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So does Scheer stay on or do the knives come out tomorrow?

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'm honestly not sure whether to feel good or bad that the PPC didn't significantly split the vote on the right.

Like on the one hand, it showed that the PPC and everything they represent are deeply unpopular and they have zero leverage to try to worm their way back into the party into leadership positions (not that the CPC needs help being dragged even further to the right anyway).

On the other hand it means that the CPC ended up gaining seats.

Nah they always do that

Conservatives still don't make up government, so the number of seats don't matter that much. I think telling the far right to go suck a lemon is worth it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

The Bloc Québécois is a very old, very bad, and very toothless joke. Quebec loves to flirt with separatism but never pulls the trigger because they know which way the gun is actually pointed.

They’re gonna be massive gadfly assholes and then swept back out of power by the NDP or Libs in another election or two.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So does Scheer stay on or do the knives come out tomorrow?

He's hosed. He didn't run a good campaign, Conservatives don't particularly like him, no reason to keep him.

Singh is safe.

Blanchet might run for PQ leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I still love that the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois get roughly equal seats despite the Bloc getting far less of the popular vote because Quebec. I know when you look at it really doesn't matter cause it's all decided by riding and FTPT but still. The NDP just deserves better than this I feel, they're a lot more popular than their current representation makes apparent.

Looks pretty well locked in now at Lib 156, Con 121, NDP 25, Bloc 32, Green 3, Independent 1 and the PPC a big fat 0. Turns out we really really don't like far right parties.