Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

one million dead iraqis and as many as 3 million dead yemenis, libyans and syrians would like to have a word about that claim, but they can't, because the english helped kill them

To be fair so did the Scottish, Irish and Welsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

one million dead iraqis and as many as 3 million dead yemenis, libyans and syrians would like to have a word about that claim, but they can't, because the english helped kill them

Mate I'm Irish, I'm not defending the flailing corpse of the British Empire, but you know exactly what I mean.

Ash Crimson posted:

Shut the gently caress up

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Ash Crimson posted:

that's the best trick the english empire came up with, was turning different tribes and factions against each and getting them to help out with wet work so the english had more time to spend hunting down native children

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ash Crimson posted:

Apologies for earlier, being in a pretty bad place + alcohol is not a good combination

edit: lol this av

As someone who drinks way too much when I drink, stop drinking, it's clearly not helping when you're pissed and it'll only make your anxiety worse when you're not.

God I'm a shaky sick mess on this early morning bus, and it's been three days since Saturday night. Being old sucks. Drinking sucks.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Ash Crimson posted:

It's not my fault that a sizeable chunk of England (hence my contention with the English) voted to effectively shoot ourselves collectively in the foot.

When brexit is done what do you think is going to happen? Scotland already blames England and by extension the English for this poo poo we're all in, it's not a coincidence that brexiteers aligned themselves heavily with English nationalist rhetoric and people

Maybe relying more on yourself and less on the English would help you to stop viewing them as a universal scapegoat.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Barry Foster posted:

As someone who drinks way too much when I drink, stop drinking, it's clearly not helping when you're pissed and it'll only make your anxiety worse when you're not.

God I'm a shaky sick mess on this early morning bus, and it's been three days since Saturday night. Being old sucks. Drinking sucks.

Yes, yes it does. I’m feeling much better since I went from ‘having a drink once in a while’ to ‘not drinking’. Particularly if stressed/anxious. Get thee to the gym!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Edit: yeah gonna come back to this thread in a few hours I think

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

painting a st george cross on my face and getting ready to type out some bare chested posts for england so you better watch out!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

feedmegin posted:

Edit: yeah gonna come back to this thread in a few hours I think

Doing my best to change topic. On that note, Angela Rayner has said there should be a second referendum, and there should be proper scrutiny of the bill that can’t be ensured by the governments timeline.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Failed Imagineer posted:

Mate I'm Irish, I'm not defending the flailing corpse of the British Empire, but you know exactly what I mean.

fair

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Didn't like almost half the counties in Scotland vote tory last election?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Barry Foster posted:

I had a 12hr sesh on Saturday and I'm only just about feeling normal again now :laugh:

But yeah, I'm getting too old for that bullshit: gonna spend this weekend making and jarring pickles like the oldie I am.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
How about I poo poo up this thread with something that isn't lovely arguing about abhorrent nationalism

It's nice out, but you might want a coat.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

DesperateDan posted:

It's nice out, but you might want a coat.

I need to know what country this is in before I'm able to make a judgement tyvm

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

They're our joke party. Their historic platform includes building a giant ramp so you can coast from coast to coast and declaring war on Belgium because Tin Tin blew up a rhino in one of the older comics.

As a Belgian, I can only support this.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

I had a 12hr sesh on Saturday and I'm only just about feeling normal again now :laugh:

But yeah, I'm getting too old for that bullshit: gonna spend this weekend making and jarring pickles like the oldie I am.

Yeah same, fucken stag dos. I was just dumb and irresponsible and drank way, way, way too much, spent way too much, and while I wasn't out of control I put myself into a situation where a lady kissed me (I think she was trying to prove a point to her boyfriend) and I feel incredibly guilty even though my partner just laughed it off when I told her about it.

And even now my sweat and salivary glands aren't working right and my head is pounding and my guts are basically paralysed and I am too, too old for this poo poo.

Think I'm quitting for awhile and were it not for social expectations and anxiety I'd quit permanently.

Sorry all tmi

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

DesperateDan posted:

Tasty looking mushrooms.

Nice. I counted 29 distinct species out on Sunday, including 55 fly agaric in the space of about four square metres. Found death caps and destroying angels too, and two different kinds of magic mushroom!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
mushroom snuggles :3:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah it's a little like someone posting "ACAB" and someone responding with "b-but my brother in law is a copper and he's nice :smith: ".

It's really not, because you have to choose to be a cop. The only reason ACAB works is that even the 'nice' cops are still choosing to be agents of the state who primarily defend the rich from the poor.

Noone chooses their nationality (apart from Cohoolie obviously), so it's not remotely comparable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sanford posted:

Nice. I counted 29 distinct species out on Sunday, including 55 fly agaric in the space of about four square metres. Found death caps and destroying angels too, and two different kinds of magic mushroom!

Mix them altogether into a super magic mushroom so you can see god

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah same, fucken stag dos. I was just dumb and irresponsible and drank way, way, way too much, spent way too much, and while I wasn't out of control I put myself into a situation where a lady kissed me (I think she was trying to prove a point to her boyfriend) and I feel incredibly guilty even though my partner just laughed it off when I told her about it.

And even now my sweat and salivary glands aren't working right and my head is pounding and my guts are basically paralysed and I am too, too old for this poo poo.

Think I'm quitting for awhile and were it not for social expectations and anxiety I'd quit permanently.

Sorry all tmi

It happens man, and if your partner is anything like my wife, she’d be angrier if I didn’t say anything and someone else let slip than if I just said something immediately.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RobDunsmore/status/1186331068892405761?s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

It happens man, and if your partner is anything like my wife, she’d be angrier if I didn’t say anything and someone else let slip than if I just said something immediately.

Cheers bud, appreciated. Intellectually I know you're right, but the remaining booze anxiety is loving with me emotionally. But I know it's just temporary, just need to ride it out and by the weekend or so I'll have integrated.

Nevertheless booze makes me stupid and impulsive and unbalanced even though it makes me feel like I'm the complete opposite of those things when I drink and it really is a loving trap. God I wish weed was legal

Again tho I best stop whinging and get thinking, time to teach some classes. Sorry for the derail chums

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

kecske posted:

I need to know what country this is in before I'm able to make a judgement tyvm

The eternal people's independent revolutionary state of ganjastan (M-L)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Capital Radio had the UKMT miftan challenge this morning which was trying to break the world record for how fast you can eat a Terrys chocolate orange.

They got half way in one minute 15 and tabbed out. Shameful

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 22, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ash Crimson posted:

Give me a solution to the problems we're facing that doesn't rely on me waiting for Britain to collectively get its head out of its arse because right now I feel like a rat on a sinking ship and the only potential way out is scottish independence

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The english people itt get real fragile when people point out how we're easily the biggest problematic shits in the union while also calling the SNP "tartan nazis" and turning into telegraph columnists whenever any of our subject people's try to escape our grasp.

You love to see it, I'm here for it etc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Flipswitch posted:

Capital Radio had the UKMT miftan challenge this morning which was trying to break the world record for how fast you can eat a Terrys chocolate orange.

...I have found my life's calling

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

In constant awe at how dumb this Guido person is and it's really cool he's constantly on the BBC

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1186318116084686848?s=19

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

^^ the best hangover cure for me is sugar, salt and rest. Not to get too crispchat, but corn based snacks are pretty good as they release energy slower and are full of fat and salt and good stuff. But if you're on a 3 dayer, maybe just have a bath and treat yourself nice. Only been recently hangovers have made me feel depressed rather than just physical symptoms, which is poo poo.

WhatEvil posted:

Fun fact: Blobfish don't normally look like Michael Gove, it's only because they have soft, jelly-like flesh which allows them to survive at depth... but it deforms horribly upon decompression when you bring them to the surface.

"Why am I called a Blobfish?"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Otoh the Scots, much as they are better than the english, are pretty hilarious too. They were heavily involved in some of the nastiest bits of empire and after banging on about it for centuries decided they didn't want their freedom if it'd made them 50 quid poorer a year.

Sturgeon is complaining that the Irish are the focus of things and why do they get special treatment? Well they spent a couple decades fighting a bloody war of independence and civil war. You guys wouldn't put a tick on a ballot.

Still way better than us but the 2nd worst of the British people's for sure, although I don't know much about the cornish but their fish and chip game is pretty strong.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Jose posted:

In constant awe at how dumb this Guido person is and it's really cool he's constantly on the BBC

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1186318116084686848?s=19

What a disingenuous wanker.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

mushrooms are very nice. those are mainly saprophytes i think

I will spam the thread with sizzling mushroom takes if given half an excuse. my favourite is "is mushroom food???"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Rarity posted:

...I have found my life's calling

Godspeed young goonette

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I will spam the thread with sizzling mushroom takes if given half an excuse. my favourite is "is mushroom food???"

I'm thinking about breaking into the mushroom scene what are the best mushrooms?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I'm thinking about breaking into the mushroom scene what are the best mushrooms?

grilled portabellos with olive oil, garlic and parmesan.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Looks like my friend was right.

The Guardian posted:

Raphael Hogarth, an associate at the Institute for Government, has been tweeting analysis of the bill, which he describes as having “amusingly weak provisions on workers’ rights”

“Not so much a non-regression clause as a ‘non-regression, unless the minister wants regression’ clause,” he reckons.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I saw this fun dude yesterday

I like it when multiple species of vegetable/fungi/animal live next to each other :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Otoh the Scots, much as they are better than the english, are pretty hilarious too. They were heavily involved in some of the nastiest bits of empire and after banging on about it for centuries decided they didn't want their freedom if it'd made them 50 quid poorer a year.

Sturgeon is complaining that the Irish are the focus of things and why do they get special treatment? Well they spent a couple decades fighting a bloody war of independence and civil war. You guys wouldn't put a tick on a ballot.

Still way better than us but the 2nd worst of the British people's for sure, although I don't know much about the cornish but their fish and chip game is pretty strong.
In these times of disunity, perhaps we should stop the pissing contests between whether it's 'the English' who are terrible or 'the British' who are terrible or some other people and concede that over the past 400 years it's been the Europeans who have been the driving force for poo poo around the world, from the Taino to the Congo to the Somme, and that's on the entirety of Europe.

E Stercus Unum

Also we should let a new world government by non-Euro descended people redraw the borders of Europe, ending the nationalism debate once and for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Aphex- posted:

grilled portabellos with olive oil, garlic and parmesan.

Ah yes. Agaricus bisporus, or as you english-speakers call it, the "mushroom" :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna rant on too much about that fairly innocent species, but among mushroom people, that's a shibboleth

also it's the same mushroom, don't pay more for it when it's brown