Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It does seem like Harris snatched up all the Clinton strategy people though, because her campaign has been nothing if not Hillary 3.0.

Warren's dumb ideas are more team Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
harris 2020 is reminiscent of clinton 2016 because they are both unfocused campaigns with no core vision beyond "our candidate should be president." it isn't so much a common strategy as a common failing.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I know it's not the biggest issue facing our country, but imo an underrated benefit of Kamala's campaign imploding just like anyone who was paying attention knew it would, is that the people who spent last year smugposting about how she has it in the bag, seem to have completely stopped posting out of embarrassment.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I still run into the wrath of the KHive from time to time

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
khive just constaintly complain that harris is "being erased by the media," although i would argue that she has just not done anything worth writing about in weeks

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does the khive contain any real people? Virtually everything I come across online seems like it's either bot driven or from a sock puppet campaign account.

Which, by all means, is entirely on brand with the candidate.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

khive just constaintly complain that harris is "being erased by the media,"

that seems like the best thing possible for her campaign though?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

harris 2020 is reminiscent of clinton 2016 because they are both unfocused campaigns with no core vision beyond "our candidate should be president." it isn't so much a common strategy as a common failing.

Do you remember when Hillary Clinton was massively in favor of the TPP, but when it turned out the TPP was massively unpopular Clinton flipped around and said it was bad and just kinda hoped nobody would remember the past? That's Kamala's whole campaign.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

I know it's not the biggest issue facing our country, but imo an underrated benefit of Kamala's campaign imploding just like anyone who was paying attention knew it would, is that the people who spent last year smugposting about how she has it in the bag, seem to have completely stopped posting out of embarrassment.

i am a fan of a college football team that is bad. our offensive coordinator usually puts together a solid first and second quarter, but the observation has been made that the halftime pep talk is a table full of raw cookie dough and shots of Jack. we get a lead together, and then we spend the second half blowing it.

it is nice to watch it happen to someone else.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gripweed posted:

Do you remember when Hillary Clinton was massively in favor of the TPP, but when it turned out the TPP was massively unpopular Clinton flipped around and said it was bad and just kinda hoped nobody would remember the past? That's Kamala's whole campaign.

Except Harris likes to occasionally mix it up and start somewhere popular, then when people notice she runs to the opposite position and acts like she always preferred the thing no one likes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

That was actually way way better than Kamala's campaign.

The Kamala campaign would be if Hillary came out stridently against TPP, attacked anyone who supported it, said that she wouldn't be standing here today if TPP had existed when she was a child, and then the next morning said "oh wait Anderson, did you say TPP?! Whoopsie I thought you said PCP, my bad, yeah I love TPP!" and then did the exact same thing at the next debate.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/ninocricco/status/1186482858774454273?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Malagraves/status/1186415515402588160?s=20

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Well, good to see he's locked up the Scottish primary.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

turns out you shouldn't let your sister run your presidential campaign

:eyepop:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Foreign interference!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1186416471041302528

Hill folk are desperate to keep the Weinstein stories from catching on.

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1186609740341579781

:laffo:

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 22, 2019

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Tulsi thing is a cool reminder how 100% of the mainstream liberal foreign policy people who have spent the last 15 years swearing up and down they're not down with the neocon regime change stuff anymore have been lying through their teeth. Not that we needed a reminder, but it's nice to have one now and then

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

When did Scotland get a labour party? I heard it died after getting endorsed by Rowling.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Epicurius posted:

Well, good to see he's locked up the Scottish primary.

It reminds me of back in 2008 when Obama was popular overseas.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Eschenique posted:

When did Scotland get a labour party? I heard it died after getting endorsed by Rowling.

The Previous Scottish Labour leader was some Blairite who sunk the party and helped Brexit.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1186488260916330496

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"Medicare For All will never work because polling shows most Americans love private insurance"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Gripweed posted:

I'm just not convinced that an endorsement by a foreign political leader moves the needle much. How many American Democrats even know who the Scottish Labour Party leader even is, let alone care what US presidential candidate he endorses?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Scotland was previously a Labour stronghold but they hosed themselves by working with the tories in the Scottish independence referendum, betraying their voters. So the anti-Tory vote and independence vote switched to the Scottish Nationalist Party (nominally center-left), seizing their devolved parliament and taking 40 seats from Labour in the House of Commons. Regional parties can be very strong in First Past The Post (see the Quebec party's wins in last night's Canadian election) so in the 2015 general election they took 50 off 53 seats, with each of the 3 major parties taking 1 seat, as the unionist vote while a majority was divided in 3. They could not have done better. The SNP lost some ground in 2017 (but still have a majority of seats) but it looks like they will sweep again in the next election.

The Scottish Labour party is a rump party.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 22, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Isn't this literally calling Bernie a fellow traveler? As in, Bernie said a thing, and some Russians also said that thing, therefore he's a Russian sympathizer?

The primary hasn't touched on foreign policy much, but if it ever does, this line of attack will be used against Sanders, won't it? Oh you don't want to liberate Venezuela or whatever, you must be a Russian stooge.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Epicurius posted:

I'm just not convinced that an endorsement by a foreign political leader moves the needle much. How many American Democrats even know who the Scottish Labour Party leader even is, let alone care what US presidential candidate he endorses?

It's not going to move the needle, but it's a nice thing to see. A lot of the success of Bernie's agenda is going to depend on cooperation from foreign leaders who share his objectives on things like trade, immigration, and especially fighting climate change.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Epicurius posted:

Not everything is about moving the needle.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Remember when the British left wing opposition leader reached out to AOC and she rebuffed him because some rando tweeted at her that he was an antisemite.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Isn't this literally calling Bernie a fellow traveler? As in, Bernie said a thing, and some Russians also said that thing, therefore he's a Russian sympathizer?

The primary hasn't touched on foreign policy much, but if it ever does, this line of attack will be used against Sanders, won't it? Oh you don't want to liberate Venezuela or whatever, you must be a Russian stooge.

Oh completely. It is obvious that they're going to be calling (lower case) bernie sanders a (lower case) russian (lower case) asset as soon as the race narrows.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Gripweed posted:

Electing Bernie Sanders, and a congress that supports his cause, would certainly be the best start to redeeming yourself after Trump. Like, we're not gonna fully trust you for the next couple of decades in any case, but after Obama you need to do more than just put the mask back on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/MamaCoffeeCat/status/1186457305551761408

I swear to god

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/NBCOUT/status/1186483294000599040?s=20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Remember when the British left wing opposition leader reached out to AOC and she rebuffed him because some rando tweeted at her that he was an antisemite.
AOC is kind of a chump sometimes.

Read this for a surprise guest appearance. she's big into those glorified 'feminist' country clubs with 2k a month memberships that sprung up during hillary's run.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

The Clintons are radioactive now. There is no way she runs. If she was going to do it, it would have been a while ago.

But she probably wants to start getting some pundit time and being a power player in another way.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

She'd take votes away from both Biden and Warren and would basically be the one thing to completely guarantee that Bernie gets the nomination or that Trump gets reelected if she somehow wins the primary

What I'm getting at is that this timeline will never stop burning until the ashes break down into plasma

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Gripweed posted:

Not everything is about moving the needle.

When you're running for president, it is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Brony Car posted:

The Clintons are radioactive now. There is no way she runs. If she was going to do it, it would have been a while ago.

But she probably wants to start getting some pundit time and being a power player in another way.

I can completely image that the Clintons would be imagining that since there's no one anywhere near a majority of support, She can descend from the heavens to once again proclaim it to be Her Turn, and we'll all go along because what's important right now is beating Trump

But seriously, Cory Booker is gonna have to drop out because his girlfriend did a hate crime.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

yea she probably just wants to be a kingmaker with this as her saying 'here's what I want you to say if you want my nod' but just her trying to shove into 2020 at all is giving me a mild ulcer. Go awaaaaaaay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

But seriously, Cory Booker is gonna have to drop out because his girlfriend did a hate crime.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/rosario-dawson-her-family-sued-over-alleged-transphobic-assault-n1069756

quote:

A transgender man alleges that actor Rosario Dawson and her family subjected him to transphobic harassment and violent abuse, according to a suit filed in a Los Angeles court.

Dawson, 40, is the girlfriend of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey.

The suit, filed Friday, alleges that Dawson and three members of her family violated Dedrek Finley’s civil rights by discriminating against him for his transgender status. The suit seeks damages for that as well as battery, assault, emotional distress and several other allegations.

Neither the family’s lawyer, Alan Kossoff, nor representatives for Rosario Dawson immediately responded to NBC News’ request for comment.

According to the suit, Finley, 55, moved from Beacon, New York, to Los Angeles in December 2017 to work as a handyman for the Dawson family and "renovate and remodel Rosario's personal residence," which promised him consistent work. He later moved into a North Hollywood home rented by the family and soon after came out to them as transgender, telling the family that he would now be known as Dedrek and use he/him pronouns.

Immediately after Finley came out as transgender, “the family misgendered him multiple times each day, with deliberate indifference as to the appropriate way to address Mr. Finley,” the suit claims. Rosario Dawson, “acted with deliberate indifference and did nothing to correct the situation.”

“Instead, in response to Mr. Finley’s complaints, Rosario would respond to Mr. Finley, ‘You’re a grown woman,’” despite the fact that Finley had come out as transgender to the family.

The suit alleges that in February of last year, just months after coming out, Finley was ordered to move out but refused to because there was no legal grounds for his eviction.

On April 28, 2018, Finley alleges that the family worked together to assault him. Isabel Dawson, Rosario’s mother, allegedly dragged Finley by his arm out of a window and then attacked him.

“Once Mr. Finley was lying helpless on the ground outside, Isabel, who is substantially larger than Mr. Finley, got on top of Mr. Finley’s body and began punching him,” the suit states. “While beating Mr. Finley, Isabel screamed, ‘You’re not so much of a man now,’ which was a clear and denigrating reference to Mr. Finley’s gender identity.”

The suit alleges Rosario Dawson assisted in the assault by sitting on top of him and “actively restraining him while he was on the ground to ensure that her mother could continue battering him.”

Isabel Dawson also allegedly threatened to kill Finley’s cat if he did not move out and stomped on his hand during the attack and stole his cellphone, which Finley alleges contains video of the previous threats made against him.

A day after the alleged attack, Finley was granted a temporary restraining order against Isabel Dawson, according to the suit.

Tasha Alyssa Hill, an attorney representing Finley, told NBC News that her client had no choice but to sue the Dawson family.

“As his attorney, we have reached out numerous times to the Dawson family attorney seeking to resolve this before having to file suit,” Hill stated. She said after receiving no response, the suit was filed last week before the statute of limitations expired.

Hill affirmed the lawsuit’s allegation that the Dawson family’s treatment of Finley was due to his gender identity.

“Mr. Finley had a good relationship with the family, did work with them in New York and had a good enough relationship that they invited him to California and offered him a living situation and a full time working situation for the family,” Hill said. “When they did that, they knew him as a lesbian woman.”

“When he came out to California and decided to come out to them as a transgender man, that’s when things started going south,” Hill added.

Hill said her client just wants wants “just and fair.”

“He just wants to get some sort of compensation, so he can get back on track with his life so he can put this incident behind him,” Hills said.

lol jesus christ gently caress these people