Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

There were clips of a Jimmy Carter speech in Capitalism: A Love Story that were prophetic. Just a great person, maybe too good to be president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Worst case scenario is another presidential funeral Donnie isn't invited to.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Casimir Radon posted:

Lordy what a loving snub.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think Adam Neumann has to be one of the most successful conmen of all loving time. $1.7bn just to go away.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

President Donald Trump, the most unfairly investigated and harassed President in the history of the world, has adroitly compared the constitutionally defined impeachment inquiry he is facing to lynching, the extralegal process of a mob murdering someone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think Adam Neumann has to be one of the most successful conmen of all loving time. $1.7bn just to go away.

jfc

$1b for his shares
a $500m loan
$185m consulting fees

King!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He was so toxic to the value of the company that it paying him minecraft money just to go away was less costly than letting him stay and continue to drive the company into the dirt.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

Another option: Carter and Clinton die while Donny is in office. He isn't invited to Carter's funeral, but is invited to Clinton's. The Q people would lose their poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

can we not talk about carter dying the world sucks enough as it is

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Erdogan is announcing a massive operation to drive out terrorists over the next 5 days with russian support for 20km across the entire border.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

jfc

$1b for his shares
a $500m loan
$185m consulting fees

King!

Holy poo poo, put me in charge of something like that. I'll keep it limping along twice as long and you'll only have to pay me half as much to gently caress off.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mr. Nice! posted:

Erdogan is announcing a massive operation to drive out terrorists over the next 5 days with russian support for 20km across the entire border.

Who could have possibly predicted these unforeseen consequences?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I figured Bill Taylor's testimony in the Ukraine poo poo would be pretty explosive and yep! Reporters are getting reports from both sides about how bad it was.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1186686650346328066?s=19

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1186699197006921728?s=19

I mean, he was the one that provided his side of the explosive text messages in the first place, so it's pretty drat clear he's not a Donnie guy.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 22, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Not to be upstaged by Canada not driving off a cliff, the UK presses the accelerator a bit:

https://twitter.com/afp/status/1186707878276730885?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Flying_Crab posted:

Not to be upstaged by Canada not driving off a cliff, the UK presses the accelerator a bit:

I think it's a bit more complicated: https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1186712344199602180?s=19

They'll be a gazillion Brexit delay votes based on where they are now.

WHAT DO WE WANT? BREXIT!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT? Um... NOT NOW

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there any way to not brexit at this point

genuinely curious

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I think they could go back to the EU and say we changed our minds, or have those days passed?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The UK sleeps in a racecar bed in the EU's basement now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is there any way to not brexit at this point

genuinely curious

A GE with a labour government who immediately calls for a referendum

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1186719313492938753?s=21

:smithicide:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"NATO Ally"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
...who's in bed with Russia, annexer of another NATO ally & shot down a passenger jet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Huh, wondered what happened to this idiot.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1186719969968607232?s=19

I thought it sounded like a shittastic cash grab, but:

quote:

The anonymous author of “A WARNING” did not take an advance and intends to donate some of the royalties to nonprofit organizations that focus on government accountability and supporting truth-tellers in repressive countries, including the White House Correspondents’ Association, Latimer said.

“The author could have received a seven-figure advance for writing this book,” Latimer said. “But ‘A WARNING’ was not written for financial reasons. The author sees this as an act of conscience and of duty, which is why the author refused any advance and is donating a substantial portion of any royalties to charities that protect those seeking the truth around the world.”

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

who is it

im betting tillerson

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who is it

im betting tillerson

https://twitter.com/Mr_Berman/status/1186720445577474048?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Trump

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I still suspect it's Pence.
"I TRIED TO STOP HIM! PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OUT OF SOCIETY! THAT'S WHERE THE APPLEBEE'S THAT MOTHER AND I LIKE IS!"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1186723189323374592?s=21

:siren:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i didnt think anyone facing crimes would be able to profit at all from it? tillerson escaped pretty much unscathed

the only other person i suspect who also got away is spicer. mattis is also free and clear but i dont think he'd do that

unless its someone fbi related. could be comey or mccabe.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The way everyone's talking on the Hill, it's basically one of those "ballgame" moments. All that's really left is for Democrats to add additional charges, to determine how long they want it to drag out, and if Republican senators decided to fully, partially, or not stand by the party-line justification in the trial.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNeg4KN0hms

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The way everyone's talking on the Hill, it's basically one of those "ballgame" moments. All that's really left is for Democrats to add additional charges, to determine how long they want it to drag out, and if Republican senators decided to fully, partially, or not stand by the party-line justification in the trial.

I look forward to seeing how Trump wiggles his way out of this one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Acting US Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor said Gordon Sondland told him President Trump wanted Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to publicly state he would investigate Bursima and the 2016 election in order to provide the Ukrainians with a meeting and security assistance, according to a copy of Taylor’s opening statement obtained by CNN.

“During that phone call Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Urkainian interference in the 2016 US election,” according to the testimony from earlier today.

Sondland, US ambassador to the European Union, told Taylor he’d also made a mistake earlier by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky “was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations.”

"In fact, Ambassador Sondland said ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance,” Taylor testified.
Taylor testified that Trump wanted Zelensky “in a public box” by making a public statement about ordering the investigations.

oh boy

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

In the monitored stream of traffic and in the midst of our personal and manufactured sentimentality we still are unable to stop and examine the meaningless chaos just outside the ordered system. A chaos we are on the verge of falling victim to. The stream must continue and we are left a brief window of exclamation before we must continue without stopping. It is crazy. It is so hot in here.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

I look forward to seeing how Trump wiggles his way out of this one.

He will, but it will likely be after months and after a Senate trial. That'll be fun to deal with in an election year and be one hell of a thing for history books.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Or Mnuchin.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

That's uhhhh... that's some serious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The Trump cover story: there was no quid pro quo.

Sondland: I don’t recall what Trump said.

Taylor: I do recall and there was a quid pro quo.