Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Would anyone like to explain Corbyn's stance on Brexit ?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Brony Car posted:

I was just using that as an example of how widespread the belief that Corbyn is an anti-semite is. Jeez.

Plus, from what I've read, it looks like that's something disturbing the Labour party ranks so I wouldn't call it a non-issue.

When the well connected Zionist groups and rightwing religious organisations are gunning for you as well as all of the press it's amazingly easy to make something into an issue.

Find a single case of anti-semitism that doesn't end 'and they were suspended/expelled from the Party'.

frumpykvetchbot posted:

the noes didn't sound very robust.

Most of the house is going to want to amend or vote for the original bill, it doesn't mean much.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Sir, this is a Nando's

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

It's a bit like a slav squat but he's holding a jam jar

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

A) Labour should negotiate a deal that does its best to protect jobs, worker's rights, and rights of both EU and British citizens to ensure they are clear and protected properly as well.
B) That deal should be put to the British people in a confirmatory referendum, Labour Deal vs. Remain.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Julio Cruz posted:

so if a deal passes then No Deal could happen? do you even understand what words mean?

I understand that you are monumentally loving stupid

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bape Culture posted:

He does seem unelectable because of the job the big media outlets in this country have done on him and just from seeing and listening to things people in my social circles say and that’s pretty sad. Starmer would win because he “looks professional” and everyone one over the age of 40 is thick as gently caress lol. Cool country

The main thing to keep in mind is that if it was someone like Ed Milliband up there, he'd be "Red Ed" and having the same or worse numbers without any of the popular support (momentum, if you will) to fall back on. Corbyn did not conjure Labour's problem of having incumbent MPs and potential battlegrounds in Leave constituencies out of thin air.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sulphagnist posted:

The main thing to keep in mind is that if it was someone like Ed Milliband up there, he'd be "Red Ed" and having the same or worse numbers without any of the popular support (momentum, if you will) to fall back on. Corbyn did not conjure Labour's problem of having incumbent MPs and potential battlegrounds in Leave constituencies out of thin air.

It's not even a hypothetical, because we have the numbers that poor Ed's approval was dogshit even when he was being a focus-grouped bloodless milquetoast fuckman.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ayes 329
Nos 299

The Ayes have it

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ms Adequate posted:

Ayes 329
Nos 299

The Ayes have it

What does this even mean at this point? I'm so lost

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Bill proceeds to second stage.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Well that's not ideal

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What are they voting on now?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

Ayes 329
Nos 299

The Ayes have it

As expected, but it's the next one to watch. I think.

The order of business one I mean

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's not even a hypothetical, because we have the numbers that poor Ed's approval was dogshit even whenbecause he was being a focus-grouped bloodless milquetoast fuckman.
Not even an ironic ftfy, people liked him more when he wasn't doing it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Is Brexit done, Yuri?

No, comrade premier. It has only begun.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

Ayes 329
Nos 299

The Ayes have it

That's way higher than I thought it would be. Really, REALLY worried about the next vote now

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pochoclo posted:

Bill proceeds to second reading, it can still get wrecked by the timetable vote happening now as the government says they'll pull it if this vote doesn't pass and even after that it can be amended in both houses.

30 majority to move beyond this point shows that there is still a stronger desire to move toward some kind of Brexit than not.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Not even an ironic ftfy, people liked him more when he wasn't doing it.

True, I certainly do

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pochoclo posted:

This approves Second Reading, i.e. can the bill move forward in the House. Now they're voting on whether to approve the government's three day timetable.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I’m not feeling optimistic about this despite DUP saying they’ll vote against.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Depressingly large margin of victory.

When it comes to the crunch I still really hope Corbyn withdraws the whip from rebels. People like Lisa Nandy won't want to end their parliamentary careers over this issue, and from today I don't think 'do what you like with no consequences' is going to work well.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Golden Ratio

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1186707860924878849?s=19

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1186708645138124800
DUP going to gently caress it.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1186709024173166592
loving livetweets.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why the gently caress would they do that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ah gently caress, I can believe they've done this

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
if Labour don't withdraw the whip from rebels, it's an absolute weakness of Corbyn's leadership that's going to cause the whole project crashing down.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Bribe came through we're hosed lol

EDIT: lol "THEY DIDNT MOVE THEY MUST BE ABSTAINING" this is the news of the future

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah this is just the bill going to second stage, which a lot of rebels voted for because they want to at least try and scrutinise and amend it. Some of them explicitly said that doesn't mean they're voting for it on 3rd reading (to actually become law) they just want to go through the process. Corbyn said it's too bad and we should just drop it but you can see the thinking

This vote now is for the programme motion, which is trying to ram everything through in 3 days. If that's scrapped then we can run into an extension, and the government said if that happens (and we get a 3-month extension) they'll drop the whole bill and go for a christmas election

sooooo this is kind of a big one

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BBC Parliament doesn't usually have this lovely commentary does it? What gives?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

There's no commentary on the stream

e: didn't notice "BBC"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

baka kaba posted:

Yeah this is just the bill going to second stage, which a lot of rebels voted for because they want to at least try and scrutinise and amend it. Some of them explicitly said that doesn't mean they're voting for it on 3rd reading (to actually become law) they just want to go through the process. Corbyn said it's too bad and we should just drop it but you can see the thinking

This vote now is for the programme motion, which is trying to ram everything through in 3 days. If that's scrapped then we can run into an extension, and the government said if that happens (and we get a 3-month extension) they'll drop the whole bill and go for a christmas election

Do you think maybe some people voted for the second reading in order to get the chance to vote down the programme motion and have Boris pull the bill/call an election?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

baka kaba posted:

If you believe that from people like Flint, Nandy and Fitzpatrick, I don’t know what to say.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

seizure later posted:

if Labour don't withdraw the whip from rebels, it's an absolute weakness of Corbyn's leadership that's going to cause the whole project crashing down.

Yeah all the shitheads in the PLP have me convinced a future Corbyn government would be about as powerless to do anything as the May and Johnson governments. This is a great opportunity to get rid of a bunch of them, but Corbyn won't do anything about the people repeatedly stabbing him in the back, as usual.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Cabbit posted:

Do you think maybe some people voted for the second reading in order to get the chance to vote down the programme motion and have Boris pull the bill/call an election?

They're too dumb for that. If it fails it'll be over something else imo.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I heard at Nandos that Kate Hoey is a sleeper agent bribed by Secret Hard Brexiteer Corbyn to counterbalance his vote.

ARE KATE

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
So if this one fails then if the EU gives an extension long enough for a GE that wouldn't have the no-deal dropout sneakiness?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Not feelin' good at this right now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Also really wishing Corbs would have started being hardline on the whip. I think he wanted to get things moving leftwards by getting people deselected instead, which is fine except there's still ongoing votes that need discipline before the deselections roll around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cabbit posted:

seems like a dangerous move but who knows in brexit town

Pesmerga posted:

If you believe that from people like Flint, Nandy and Fitzpatrick, I don’t know what to say.

obviously some of them are liars, but there will be some wavery rebels for that reason and it makes sense that Corbyn wouldn't whip at this stage, it's the 3rd stage where it definitely needs to be killed. Especially if this programme motion gets destroyed, the bill might collapse on its own