Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Pestering a random woman on the street has netted me not one, but TWO cases to work while Kim is away! He's going to be SO proud of me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

chaosapiant posted:

I just did that last night, though I'm confused why the name is listed as unknown when you know your name by that point?

You need to find your badge and accept the name on the badge as your name. If you reject your name, then your name remains unknown.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You need to find your badge and accept the name on the badge as your name. If you reject your name, then your name remains unknown.

I was sure I rejected it but it still shows up :(

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I wanted to really push for Raphael Ambrosius Costeau for my second playthrough, but I passed the conceptualization check and didn't get the option. One of the many times that failure is actually better!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Begemot posted:

I wanted to really push for Raphael Ambrosius Costeau for my second playthrough, but I passed the conceptualization check and didn't get the option. One of the many times that failure is actually better!

I love how all your options are about how amazing that name is.

It's a really good name.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Harrow posted:

Evrart strikes me as the kind of guy who'd be more amused that you screwed him over than anything.

once everything has shaken out you can tell him "I was really hoping I'd get a chance to gently caress you over at some point during all this" and his response boils down to "Hell, same"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I just did that last night, though I'm confused why the name is listed as unknown when you know your name by that point?

you don't know your full name or your actual rank, Harry is just a nickname, it's not what's on your badge

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

theblackw0lf posted:

Do you have to get the corpse down to perform the autopsy?

Also, trying to get the corpse down without Getting help from the harbor boys and not sure how.

Ask Kim to shoot the corpse down. Then ask to borrow his gun. My character messed up the first shot and mutilated the corpse even more.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

finished yesterday after about 35h and it's so good. The seamless transition between comedy and tragedy transported by someone really knowing how to use words and language is just great.

the ending making the appearance of the insulindian phasmid as an essential part after finishing the quest with very much sadness before was extremely unexpected and great

also the first blogpost they did after release was about drug use :v:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/632470/announcements/detail/1580126850066611472

quote:

4. Most drugs have sub-types, or “brands”. (Cigarettes, for example, can be Astra or Tioumoutiri.) These are cosmetic. Just like in real life, brands do nothing. They're just random fetishism – speed is speed, nicotine is nicotine, wine doesn't kill you any less if it's expensive.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They acknowledge that skills aren't always right. Not just with Klassje, I ran into a check with the infinitely rich guy where Suggestion told me to pick a crazy business plan that was a sure failure, and then apologized and said he could be mistaken when I didn't convince him.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Phenotype posted:

They acknowledge that skills aren't always right. Not just with Klassje, I ran into a check with the infinitely rich guy where Suggestion told me to pick a crazy business plan that was a sure failure, and then apologized and said he could be mistaken when I didn't convince him.

suggestion is honestly up there with electrochemistry as a fountain of bad loving ideas, the only difference is that suggestion admits when they've hosed up

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Suggestion always steers you right when it comes to playing can opener and getting information from a suspect or witness, but in most other scenarios it gets too caught up in mindgames. Which is fitting for the inner voice of a detective.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
re: Everat
he seems like the sort that would kill an innocent person if their organs would save two others. he's sincere. too sincere. he's got no doubts that the throats he's cutting is all for a good cause.

hell, maybe he's not wrong.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:hmmyes:

I had a crummy % chance and tried it anyway and had a good :laugh: when it worked.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

cock hero flux posted:

suggestion is honestly up there with electrochemistry as a fountain of bad loving ideas, the only difference is that suggestion admits when they've hosed up

Hah, what are those from?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Endgame spoilers When you dream about meeting your former girlfriend, who you imagine as a literal goddess.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Oxxidation posted:

you can talk to the third driver when kim's not around. he'll let you be when you go to your room after 21:00

Tried this and I didn't have any new dialog options, nor did picking either of the two change anything. Could it have been too late? It was 2am at that point.

Also, I just had a chat where my boy SHIVERS told me his actual name and laid it all out for me, I'm so goddamn proud. One thing I'm a little annoyed about was choosing to gloat when he tells you of the impending nuclear apocalypse instead of asking him what I can do about it. Did anyone pick that one?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Something right near the end of the game. They're only funny out of context. Suggestion isn't exaggerating.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
I need some help on day 2. Specifically, I'm stuck outside the gate to the harbor spinning my wheels.
I already rejected Race Realism and I failed at punching him out so both options are locked. The little shake pile next to the body is also locked. The body is still up because I'm a dunce. I've investigated the Doomed Commercial Area and the day before I set up a meeting with the guy with the cigarette at 21:00. I've talked to the Hardie boys, the negotiator, got a quest to find a cryptid. Is there anything to do other than to pass time until 21:00 by reading case files?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Tried this and I didn't have any new dialog options, nor did picking either of the two change anything. Could it have been too late? It was 2am at that point.

Also, I just had a chat where my boy SHIVERS told me his actual name and laid it all out for me, I'm so goddamn proud. One thing I'm a little annoyed about was choosing to gloat when he tells you of the impending nuclear apocalypse instead of asking him what I can do about it. Did anyone pick that one?

You can talk to the female lorry driver after you've learned about the pale from Joyce. Learning about the pale from Joyce probably requires Kim to not be with you because Kim thinks letting you learn about it is a bad idea, but if you pass a check you can get him to let her tell you.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

RoboCicero posted:

I need some help on day 2. Specifically, I'm stuck outside the gate to the harbor spinning my wheels.
I already rejected Race Realism and I failed at punching him out so both options are locked. The little shake pile next to the body is also locked. The body is still up because I'm a dunce. I've investigated the Doomed Commercial Area and the day before I set up a meeting with the guy with the cigarette at 21:00. I've talked to the Hardie boys, the negotiator, got a quest to find a cryptid. Is there anything to do other than to pass time until 21:00 by reading case files?

I think the pile option unlocks itself with a bonus if you go talk to Cuno about it.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Are some rolls just built in impossible?

For example is there any way to succeed on the empathy roll where you tell the woman her husband died? I have a 97% on it and according to the rolls I should be succeeding, but it still comes up as failed, I tried equipping negative empathy clothes and making her uncomfortable to intentionally fail the roll and it comes out the same

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So here’s a thought that sorta stuck with me since dealing with Measurehead. One of the slurs(?) he calls you is HAM SANDWICH.

Is it because you’re a cop or is it because you’re pink from being a white drunk or because you’re a cop from Jamrock and the french word for ham is jambon as a clever wordplay???

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

sloppy portmanteau posted:

Are some rolls just built in impossible?

For example is there any way to succeed on the empathy roll where you tell the woman her husband died? I have a 97% on it and according to the rolls I should be succeeding, but it still comes up as failed, I tried equipping negative empathy clothes and making her uncomfortable to intentionally fail the roll and it comes out the same

Are you pondering the thought that makes every red check autofail? I definitely succeeded at that check.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

Einwand posted:

Are you pondering the thought that makes every red check autofail? I definitely succeeded at that check.

Oh wow yes, that was it, I did not notice that research bonus. I wonder how many red checks I've failed because of it, it's almost complete.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

You can get your name to show up there if you find your badge.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So here’s a thought that sorta stuck with me since dealing with Measurehead. One of the slurs(?) he calls you is HAM SANDWICH.

Is it because you’re a cop or is it because you’re pink from being a white drunk or because you’re a cop from Jamrock and the french word for ham is jambon as a clever wordplay???

i thought it was a callback to azealia banks roasting elon musk. measurehead gave off definite banks vibes to me

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Evrert chat: The partisan at the end says he was working for Evrerts brother, who appears to actually be the dangerous big ideas guy. Big ideas as in revolution again, or maybe hes just another kingpin who was playing the old partisan. Either way games good, shorter than expected thought there would be another map or something more after the island. Looking forward to the inevitable Harry/Lena DLC where you go full dugged out ironside/ms. marple cross over.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

cock hero flux posted:

You can talk to the female lorry driver after you've learned about the pale from Joyce. Learning about the pale from Joyce probably requires Kim to not be with you because Kim thinks letting you learn about it is a bad idea, but if you pass a check you can get him to let her tell you.

I did that ages ago. Are we talking about the same character - an older woman sitting on a ledge who you can call "grandma?" Maybe I just hit a bug?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

sloppy portmanteau posted:

Oh wow yes, that was it, I did not notice that research bonus. I wonder how many red checks I've failed because of it, it's almost complete.

You can cheese the downside for this developing thought by unequipping it mid-dialogue, clicking the red check, then re-equipping it after. There's no penalty for removing thoughts before they're complete.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Tiler Kiwi posted:

re: Everat
he seems like the sort that would kill an innocent person if their organs would save two others. he's sincere. too sincere. he's got no doubts that the throats he's cutting is all for a good cause.

hell, maybe he's not wrong.

Nah if you ask him about it after you get the signatures for the youth center he talks gleefully about how he is going to put up a loving shopping center and put the former residents in apartments he controls. He is a total loving capitalist with a nice coat of paint.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 22, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hub Cat posted:

Nah if you ask him about it after you get the signatures for the youth center he talks about how he is going to put up a loving shopping center and put the former residents in apartments he controls. He is a total loving capitalist with a nice coat of paint.

Free housing does not seem that bad to me.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Turtlicious posted:

Free housing does not seem that bad to me.

Who said it was free?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Who said it was free?

If I remember correctly, he plans for it to be at least subsidized. I recall having the option to comment on that in that conversation, though I don't remember all of the details.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Here is the place I can't get into for the life of me, it's eating my soul to see the black unexplored opportunities:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Different containers in the game are colored differently. Many are green and interactable but I see a bunch of yellow ones, and ocassionally blue. Is that related to a hidden stat roll that I passed to make them show up? Yellow for perception or whatever?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Here is the place I can't get into for the life of me, it's eating my soul to see the black unexplored opportunities:

did you chat with the cleaning lady? iirc thats the door she sends yo uto check

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Why not try talking to some people nearby maybe they know something?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Different containers in the game are colored differently. Many are green and interactable but I see a bunch of yellow ones, and ocassionally blue. Is that related to a hidden stat roll that I passed to make them show up? Yellow for perception or whatever?

They're colour coded for the stats you needed to see them, yes. Perception is definitely the most common yellow one but I saw at least one show up based on Interfacing that was also outlined in yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Hub Cat posted:

Why not try talking to some people nearby maybe they know something?

Thanks, I talked to her first and everything was greyed but now new options!