Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

earthbound is garbage because I can't change ness' hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Apoplexy posted:

This is me making the jerk-off in the air motion.

gently caress yoi

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

Nah, O'Rourke is the more self-satisfied, William F. Buckley sort of rich drunk douchebag.

I'm pretty sure his opinions were always libertarian dogshit; that was just concealed by the fact that he ragged on both parties and government in general, the most facile kind of political humour.

The thing about O'Rourke is that he's a former hippie who grew up lower-middle-class in Ohio, so (at least early on) he was a bit more interesting and complicated than your WASP-elite dipshits like Buckley or George Will. He was sympathetic to Jesse Jackson in '88 and he's always been way more pro-Palestinian than 99% of the GOP. And his comedy chops were solid - National Lampoon, Bachelor Home Companion, etc etc.

Then the Cato people got their hooks in him, he wrote Parliament of Whores and the downhill slide has continued ever since

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pharmaskittle posted:

I get mad when the protagonist of a book is a woman and there's no alternate version I can buy where it's a fella

The stupidest post possible good job

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Now I have to buy another game. :argh:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the chapo voice acting wasn't that good tbh

Serf
May 5, 2011

the writer of that review starts it off with this

she's the one who interviewed the chapos too

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Goast posted:

the chapo voice acting wasn't that good tbh

Yeah I thought it wasn't very good, but it's gotta be just about impossible to do passable voice acting with no training

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

:drat:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

god drat it I'm already buying Death Standing and the new Pokemon game because I'm both a rube and a child, how can you add this to the pile

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Serf posted:

lmao

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

god drat it I'm already buying Death Standing and the new Pokemon game because I'm both a rube and a child, how can you add this to the pile

If you have PC or Xbox game pass it's on that; you too can make the worst decision and then write about how it's an impossible choice.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Serf posted:

how exactly is this a difficult decision here, am I missing something that puts fishface dipshit's side on equal footing with the cool workers.

e: also lol at anyone that pays money for pc games

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The workers who remain in the town don't deserve to suffer for the complete stupidity of their government...so save the government from itself by crushing the anarchist commune.

I know, I know, I don't get it either.

quote:

One of my favorites, Felix, is an orphan who is fleeing Groundbreaker after starting a fight with his foreman over sports. He isn’t well-read, but his convictions are strong—he doesn’t need to study theory to know that workers are being exploited.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

T-man posted:

how exactly is this a difficult decision here, am I missing something that puts fishface dipshit's side on equal footing with the cool workers. i

Obsidian game presenting that truth may be in a middle? i am s h o c k e d

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

T-man posted:

Game work is real work.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i heard another reviewer mention what i think is the same quest and the big decision is whether or not you route power production to the worker collective or to the corporate bootlickers, with whoever you don't choose dying

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

Obsidian game presenting that truth may be in a middle? i am s h o c k e d

The outcome to doing the lovely centrist option seems to be the game calling you a lovely centrist, so sounds pretty good to me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

multijoe posted:

The outcome to doing the lovely centrist option seems to be the game calling you a lovely centrist, so sounds pretty good to me.

yea I'm not sure how you can take 'I got told I crushed the spirit of people who wanted a better life' as the 'correct' choice there

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Regarding the actual episode: "Fairfax Countyfication" speaks to me on a deep and personal level.

Also, AJ Styles did not "turn" into a right-wing shithead any time recently. But Robert O'Rourke would probably let you do the Styles Clash on him if you did it on top of a table.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 22, 2019

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, read the last sentence. The point is that they did the typical middle response that a lot of RPGs push and the game pointed out that they still crushed the workers' dreams, they just kept her hands cleaner. A good sign.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Halloween Jack posted:

Regarding the actual episode: "Fairfax Countyfication" speaks to me on a deep and personal level.

same

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Gita is awesome, and video-games are trash

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

Gita is awesome, and video-games are trash

This game isn't even on Steam? gently caress. :saddowns:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Halloween Jack posted:

Also, AJ Styles did not "turn" into a right-wing shithead any time recently. But Robert O'Rourke would probably let you do the Styles Clash on him if you did it on top of a table.

The gay community???

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The time Tenay called AJ a fairy is one of the funniest parts of TNA

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I completely forgot which insane Hillaryman that Adam Pachinko was so I listened to the original early 2018 ep and it turns out he was HRC's unpaid volunteer orc cop who burned a vanity fair magazine in his living room for making fun of her after she lost :waycool:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

prefect posted:

This game isn't even on Steam? gently caress. :saddowns:

Sadly not, but it's on the xbox pc gamepass thing at launch, so that's nice.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The time Tenay called AJ a fairy is one of the funniest parts of TNA

Hard to beat Tito Ortiz standing awkwardly on the top of the ramp

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Turns out trans queer polyamorous disabled autistic depressed people with anime profile pics on Twitter have a lot of loving time on their hands. (as do I :( )

This reads like a 4chan user made this post. Get better loving content, dumbass.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

prefect posted:

Now I have to buy another game. :argh:

Microsoft's Games Pass for PC includes Outer Worlds.

Initial signup is $1 for the first month for now. Figure I'm going to rent it for a month, beat it, then wait for the discounted game when it hits Steam in a year.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Finally got around to the Zizek episode. I've never really listened to him before. It turns out every Zizek impression I've ever heard has been subdued.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i can understand the “i dont like this game because the character is an aggressively hetero masc dude” because i bounced off witcher 3 for the same reason

but my hot take on that is that not every game has to appeal to all people, and i dont think it makes the game bad that for whatever reason the protagonist didnt click with me enough to want to spend 60 hours with him

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

THS posted:

i can understand the “i dont like this game because the character is an aggressively hetero masc dude” because i bounced off witcher 3 for the same reason

but my hot take on that is that not every game has to appeal to all people, and i dont think it makes the game bad that for whatever reason the protagonist didnt click with me enough to want to spend 60 hours with him

This happens in less interactive media as well, I couldn't stand a single character in Mr. Robot after three episodes and I stopped watching, this isn't really any different

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

THS posted:

this is 100 percent correct and can we just make this the last post on the subject

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Yeah I don't know why a dumb take from a random person generated so many remarks across two threads, mostly just agreeing with each other.

Anyway it did strike me as a kinda HIRE MORE WOMEN GUARDS considering how many games have you play a cop or a soldier.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/UgaritNoosphere/status/1186742745492180992?s=19

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

This reads like a 4chan user made this post. Get better loving content, dumbass.

sounds like it struck a little too close to home for comfort

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1186817555681497089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Apoplexy posted:

Turns out trans queer polyamorous disabled autistic depressed people with anime profile pics on Twitter have a lot of loving time on their hands. (as do I :( )

Apoplexy posted:

You're pretty loving close to getting me to unironically support trans-exclusionary posting spaces. Christ, I'd rather they be white, bougie, and 'boringly cis-het' if more of you is what's being offered as a positive alternative.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just a very normal brain.