Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Admiral Bosch posted:

what's up everyone as of yesterday i'm a loving moron with a car that i love

That car is great. I posted a pretty similar one in the post awesome ai poo poo thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

I had a blast last weekend at Vermont Overland Birdwatching Safari with some friends.

Approaching a tight s-turn / rock drop-off on a downward slope

Showing off the belly armor while cresting a rock

And tailgating afterward!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Arishtat posted:

I had a blast last weekend at Vermont Overland Birdwatching Safari with some friends.

Off road trucks doing off road stuff is a newfound love of mine. This looks way fun. I went out this weekend to a neat little off roading spot and grabbed some pics but I am going to save them for my thread.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

bird with big dick posted:

Car for kickin rad grandma

My grandma actually owned one, albeit with the 3.8.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Admiral Bosch posted:

IMO the design department outdid themselves with the '89 redesign - the blacked out 35th anniversary paintjob is just icing on the cake. It looks like a loving bullet. My girlfriend thinks it looks like a "grandma car" but i think she needs to get her eyes checked.

I can't remember which year it was but my grandma had a silver one with maroon interior that I want to say had a digital speedometer, so it was definitely that generation. I only drove it once in 1996. I remember it was after my grandparent's anniversary party and for some reason I had to drive her car to get myself back to college and return it next time I went home. When I left it was dark and started raining, and by the time I got to the highway The Doors' Riders on the Storm came on the classic rock station and that made the car seem even cooler.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Did someone find KakerMixes secret parking lot?

https://jalopnik.com/someone-is-parking-a-treasure-trove-of-jdm-vans-under-a-1838748722

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Opposite coast of me, but I am curious. Any of those kei vehicles are gasoline (there were no diesel kei afaik) which means a difficult time to register in California. The diesels I guess can be because there is a difference but I'm not sure. Also looks like whoever is doing the importing doesn't have as high of standards as I since I can see some heavy corrosion on a casual glance of those pictures.
Also I always store indoors :colbert:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

Opposite coast of me, but I am curious. Any of those kei vehicles are gasoline (there were no diesel kei afaik) which means a difficult time to register in California. The diesels I guess can be because there is a difference but I'm not sure. Also looks like whoever is doing the importing doesn't have as high of standards as I since I can see some heavy corrosion on a casual glance of those pictures.
Also I always store indoors :colbert:

I could be wrong but I thought the diesel loophole ended. I was going to comment they're probably trying to figure out how to register those. Or just sell them out of state. They obviously have a car hauler to have them all parked there.

edit: Oh 1997 diesel and older is still exempt.

edit 2: wait that's only for GVWR 14,000 and up

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Got some tint. :whatup:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Arishtat posted:

Approaching a tight s-turn / rock drop-off on a downward slope

Showing off the belly armor while cresting a rock

And tailgating afterward!

Your avatar is the best, Marathon is the best, let's be friends.

Also Ford should bring back the Thunderbird name for an EV.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fingerling posted:

Got some tint. :whatup:

You shouldn't leave your dope rear end wheels laying around or somebody might take them.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

blk posted:

Also Ford should bring back the Thunderbird name for an EV.

heresy

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

You're right, an SUV

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

You shouldn't leave your dope rear end wheels laying around or somebody might take them.

Homie, we gotta talk about these probations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

Homie, we gotta talk about these probations.

We should all strive to be like our model poster, Rhyno

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

We should all strive to be like our model poster, Rhyno

Did you click on that last one? It's not a good look.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Fun times in the big dummy this weekend. Went adventuring around a canyon nearby and stopped at a reservoir that has had a ton of money put into it recently to beautify it. We took family pictures here three years ago and the views are breath taking. I was being cool dad and took all three kids by myself and let my wife have a break. I will have better/more pictures posted in the future on my LX470 thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like a pretty awesome set-up you've got there.

My roof doesn't even come up to the door handles on a new f350, that's ridiculous.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

New car finally arrived today after a couple weeks of waiting for the shipping service. I work seven days a week so driving across the state wasn’t feasible and I had to rely on someone else. Which I hate

2001 Honda S2000, 66k miles. Already has a full header-back exhaust and K&N intake but despite the mods was clearly well taken care of. I’ve wanted one of these since I first saw one at a Honda dealer in 2000. It’s everything I wished!

I didn’t replace anything, it was just an addition. So I’ve had to move the RX7 to the detached garage and the FXT is now on outside status.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
yeeee.

Go get yourself a Karcepts STR EMU, it transforms the car. Also, intake valve retainers, unless you have proof they were already done.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Imperador do Brasil posted:

New car finally arrived today after a couple weeks of waiting for the shipping service. I work seven days a week so driving across the state wasn’t feasible and I had to rely on someone else. Which I hate

2001 Honda S2000, 66k miles. Already has a full header-back exhaust and K&N intake but despite the mods was clearly well taken care of. I’ve wanted one of these since I first saw one at a Honda dealer in 2000. It’s everything I wished!

I didn’t replace anything, it was just an addition. So I’ve had to move the RX7 to the detached garage and the FXT is now on outside status.

Make sure your exhaust tip's drivers are up to date.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

IDB continues to have one of the dopest car choices of all time. The red interior is hot. Will this be getting the Slo Rice treatment?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Somewhat Heroic posted:

IDB continues to have one of the dopest car choices of all time. The red interior is hot. Will this be getting the Slo Rice treatment?

SLO RICE is still on the FXT. I have a more stupider plate planned for this one

Current fleet beyond the S2K:

SLO RICE - ‘04 FXT. Fast brick that only gets driven occasionally

Z GERMNZ - ‘19 Civic Si daily driver

22N7 - Antique-plated ‘85 RX7 with full RB exhaust and Holley/RB intake setup

Colorado - wife’s daily whip

Plus the plethora of bikes, of which these are street legal:

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 18, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Is it "BWAAAH"?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is it "BWAAAH"?

Stupider

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 16, 2022

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I had to ask since I've seen a S2K running around here with that plate or something very close to it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

WUT TORK

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

0 N-M

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Putting the BMW into hibernation. I’m preparing for a long winter here so I suspect there won’t be much driving of this in the future.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Putting the BMW into hibernation. I’m preparing for a long winter here so I suspect there won’t be much driving of this in the future.

Serious question, why? Does UT use salt on the roads? I was under the impression y’all have very similar winters to us here in Denver, and I like to tell people there’s really only half a dozen days a year one should stay home, and the rest of the winter you can wait a day or so and get sun and dry roads.

Edit for content:

I’m bad at keeping cars clean and the Raptor will probably look like this all winter because whatevs.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 19, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

We do salt the roads but not in the same way other states do (rust belt). It’s a different kind of salt. They use a lot of sand and grit. It just makes cars pretty gross and definitely gets surface corrosion. So you get sand blasted on the front. I also have Pilot Sport 4S tires. The other big thing is I just don’t trust the people I share the road with. I have the space and capacity for a winter beater so I will keep the nice car nice.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We do salt the roads but not in the same way other states do (rust belt). It’s a different kind of salt. They use a lot of sand and grit. It just makes cars pretty gross and definitely gets surface corrosion. So you get sand blasted on the front. I also have Pilot Sport 4S tires. The other big thing is I just don’t trust the people I share the road with. I have the space and capacity for a winter beater so I will keep the nice car nice.

All valid points! I guess I miss running around in something fast and lower to the ground, and even just doing that half the year seems like missing out to some degree.

I also learned recently that Denver is starting to brine roads again along with use mag chloride so I may change my tune shortly.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The most recent adventure involved me plunging deep into this tunnel.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I’ll have you know that due to some level of unspoken guilt placed in here I got the dirt off the Raptor today.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

TU SUN JR

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Got rid of my base model 2006 BF Falcon ute today and replaced it with this 2012 FG MkII Falcon XR6 turbo ute

120k on it, an ex business fleet vehicle (sadly) but full service history and in pretty good condition mechanically. Paint isn't great but it was cheaper due to that. It's already had the mandatory falcon ute differential replacement, so that saves me from doing it like I did with the last one. Since I got it from a dealer, they had to fix a few things which was good (I got about 1300 worth of serving done, no added cost) but new tyres were part of the deal - as expected cheapest chinese tyres they could get me.

Got a surprise when I threw it into reverse and saw a reverse camera on the screen. It isn't a factory option on a ute but with a loom and a camera you can add it to function the same as a sedan.

Going from a BF to an FG is a whole new world. Absolutely love it. This is the most powerful car I've owned now too, I really hope I don't lose my license with how effortlessly it exceeds the speed limit.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Careful, you'll have Al and Woody following you around to snatch the Turbo Barra :v:

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

New (used) ride. I bought a brown diesel wagon with a manual. rip to the old Mazda6 wagon on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I truly do love Toyota's single stage 'Super White' paint because you can always bring it back. New batteries (24v electrical), new tires, repainted the wheels, and gave it a nice detail. It's an old work truck but gosh it still looks fantastic.