Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone translate this.

Read this poo poo if you want to see why terfs piss people off in queer spaces, hint it's not because they're bigots, trigger-warning for coercively assigned female at birth trans people (intersexed people who were assigned female at birth and are now transitioning to male) bringing up misandry because 90% of them support men's rights before it became all facist hate group (there was never a time it wasn't.)

In summation, terfs piss people off because people just can't handle how radically feminist and pro-woman they are with all their hating on trans women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

wizzardstaff posted:

"TERFs are good, actually."

also "trans men have just internalized misogyny and hate women so much that they don't want to be one any more"

gently caress terfs

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
2000+ page note

nooooooooooooope

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

there wolf posted:

Read this poo poo if you want to see why terfs piss people off in queer spaces, hint it's not because they're bigots, trigger-warning for coercively assigned female at birth trans people (intersexed people who were assigned female at birth and are now transitioning to male) bringing up misandry because 90% of them support men's rights before it became all facist hate group (there was never a time it wasn't.)

Somehow this manages to be less coherent.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I can't decide who is worse pewdiepie or china.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/pewdiepie-china-ban-president-xi-winnie-the-pooh-south-park-1202764934/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
without clicking, brain jumped straight to that "Let them fight" gif

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Google translate level explanations of this crap are more fun than just saying "trans men are all butch lesbians exhibiting internalized misogyny, except the intersex ones who are just plain misogynistic."

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was the name of an expansion and in a game about the crusades it comes up yeah
It was an expansion in the *first* Crusader Kings game, and in the second it shows up as event confirmation dialogue for like... one event. It's been on its way out for a while.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hahaha :sweatdrop:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

2000+ page note

nooooooooooooope

Posted on page 2000+ of the thread

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

2000+ page note

nooooooooooooope

Yeah, imagine reading a 2000 page long anything!

e: this is what i get for not scrolling first

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chitoryu12 posted:

Let me try.

*turns on speech to text and places microphone by rear end*

Quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

I hope that's been informative.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tony Snark posted:

Let me try.

*turns on speech to text and places microphone by Odo*

Quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Obvious next step is 6 million followers

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Paradox Interactive was asked by a games journalist (uh oh) if they would use the phrase "deus vult" in their upcoming medieval title Crusader Kinds 3 now that the word has become associated with far-right hate crimes, and they said "no." Cue millions of gamers crying out in terror and being suddenly silenced by the SJW agenda. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/deus-vult-a-megathread-read-op-before-posting.1261285/

The whole thread is rich mine of terrible idiots but this one stands out for being so blatant

I honestly can't tell if those asterisks are about queer folks or "globalists." Props to this gamer tho for having the guts to flat out say "no actually I just think conservative religious extremism is straight-up a good thing"

They didn't though. The IOSM is Rock Paper Shotgun.

Like look at this poo poo. This is a clickbait bulletpoint with zero quotes in it until the update where a Paradox guy had to sigh and sit down and correct them lest any future usage of the phrase cause problems. Who knows what the original question and answer were? This is just some article writer's words.

(But Paradox is really good at just having no patience for the gross fans in their userbase. They've cracked down hard on racist memes in their poison-filled forums, they've always been good about banning racist lovely mods, and a lot of their expansions and updates are just targeted straight at pissing off the worst people. Gender equality laws! Focus on jewish characters! Get hosed, idiots.)

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone translate this.

Trans men will describe their lived experience using the word "misandry." This means they are basically MRAs, so we, the TERFs, are right to hate them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Midnight Voyager posted:

They didn't though. The IOSM is Rock Paper Shotgun.

Like look at this poo poo. This is a clickbait bulletpoint with zero quotes in it until the update where a Paradox guy had to sigh and sit down and correct them lest any future usage of the phrase cause problems. Who knows what the original question and answer were? This is just some article writer's words.

(But Paradox is really good at just having no patience for the gross fans in their userbase. They've cracked down hard on racist memes in their poison-filled forums, they've always been good about banning racist lovely mods, and a lot of their expansions and updates are just targeted straight at pissing off the worst people. Gender equality laws! Focus on jewish characters! Get hosed, idiots.)

I'm waiting for them to include Palestine.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1186650398037331968

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good god

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Paradox Interactive was asked by a games journalist (uh oh) if they would use the phrase "deus vult" in their upcoming medieval title Crusader Kinds 3 now that the word has become associated with far-right hate crimes, and they said "no." Cue millions of gamers crying out in terror and being suddenly silenced by the SJW agenda. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/deus-vult-a-megathread-read-op-before-posting.1261285/

This is from a couple of pages back, sorry. Reading that thread made me angry. I like CK2 and luckily I haven't had any contact with its playerbase until now, and if I had I would probably been turned off on it ages ago. If Paradox keeps making them angry, then I'll be happy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

It's like one of those "Graphic Designer Needed" ads but...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

It was an expansion in the *first* Crusader Kings game, and in the second it shows up as event confirmation dialogue for like... one event. It's been on its way out for a while.
The most recent DLC added a sound effect of a guy loudly proclaiming it when a crusade is declared.

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOV1riSEYo

Before that, it was just the confirmation text in the crusade declaration event for Catholics.

Strudel Man has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Oct 22, 2019

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Archangel is a Paradox dev and obviously posts in the HoI4 thread. He chimes in once in a while and a big problem about making historically based games that offer alternate history is sometimes the fact that you can’t ignore some of the history, or it is very hard to make an alternate history timeline without inadvertently making the player a literal war criminal (see the Stalin Purge option for the USSR focus tree).

Oddly enough, HoI4 is the only game that DOESN’T offer an option to commit mass racial genocide which is both a good thing and morbidly hilarious.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Oct 22, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Very excited for the next HOI4 dlc with its option for an anarchist world conquest

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly don't know if this belongs here or in the Post Good Tweets thread.

https://twitter.com/shanley/status/1186751934612398081?s=20

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skwirl posted:

shanley is always this thread OP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Shanley, thank you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This isn't so much Idiots on Social Media as it is Idiots Thirsty for Social Media attention

quote:

Struggling with a salary of $350,000?

MarketWatch recently set off an internet firestorm by suggesting a family of four in San Francisco can have trouble making ends meet, even with that kind of money. Twitter TWTR, -3.19% didn’t hold back:

Understandably, those working two jobs to pay for their home and feed their kids weren’t exactly shedding any tears for the coastal elites who are having trouble paying nosebleed prices for preschool. It’s all about perspective.

The ruckus drew a certain high-profile D.C. figure into the mix:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1178847217743998979

Fair enough.

But the New York congresswoman, a former bartender who has taken up the fight for equality, also has to know that it’s possible to scramble financially even with a generous six-figure income in money-draining cities like D.C. and San Francisco.

Ocasio-Cortez did not immediately return a request for comment, but don’t be surprised if she chimes in from her Twitter feed.

:jerkbag:

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Trufmpl made a bad tweet today

Edit: This post was meant for c-spam, but it also fits here too.

Ball Tazeman has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Oct 23, 2019

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Science WHORE posted:

Trufmpl made a bad tweet today

Just the one?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Every time I see a charity contribution on one of these ‘we make over 1/4m a year and it’s soooo hard you guys’ I call absolute loving bullshit.

Some of those monthly breakdowns are hilarious. $400 a month on clothes. I think that’s my yearly budget. They’re just so utterly out of touch with reality every single time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've literally not been able to afford clothes in 2 years. I moved from Canada to the USA and also lost 20lbs and spend all my money on rent and insurance and get to just prance around in oversized clothes, awkwardly belted.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I've literally not been able to afford clothes in 2 years. I moved from Canada to the USA and also lost 20lbs and spend all my money on rent and insurance and get to just prance around in oversized clothes, awkwardly belted.

Now that you're skinny you can climb into clothing bins and fish clothes out.

Please don't ask my how I'm wearing pants right now.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
:smug: "How can AOC criticize HENRYs for claiming to be struggling when, according to this hypothetical budget I drew up for her imaginary family, she is a struggling HENRY?"

E: To be clear, this is about the HENRY budget MarketWatch drew up for AOC, an imaginary husband, and two imaginary children:

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Oct 23, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

$7800 a year on vacations, $4650 in a year for car payments.

I paid $2k for my current car. I bought it from a friend so I wasn't paying interest or extra fees or whatever, and I felt like I wasn't going to be able to pay it off. I don't even make a tenth of what this family makes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Admiral Joeslop posted:

$7800 a year on vacations, $4650 in a year for car payments.

I paid $2k for my current car. I bought it from a friend so I wasn't paying interest or extra fees or whatever, and I felt like I wasn't going to be able to pay it off. I don't even make a tenth of what this family makes.

It's henry bait

Engagement is the only score that matters now. Everything is built on getting you mad so you talk about it. Capitalism is broken af.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Food for four, 70 dollars a day with weekly date night

fuckin lol

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
$200 a month on thrift store clothes.

What exactly are these budgets supposed to show? They account for everything possible and still have cash left over every month. That sounds pretty loving sweet to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006