Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Cardiovorax posted:

An update just dropped on beta branch. To anyone who has ever been annoying by having to manually pick up every little lump of gold? The new Attract Physical Items perk solves that issue, conclusively.

Just, uh, bottles? Very not your friend.

I really want to see some teleport into the randomly generated potion room with that on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Synthbuttrange posted:

that dynamite thrower in the mines looks too much like barney

I've been calling them Barneys since day one, I thought it was just me

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

bloom posted:

I really want to see some teleport into the randomly generated potion room with that on.
Just wait until you drop into a pool of liquid with a thunderstone nearby. That wasn't fun to learn the hard way.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yea ok I think I'll skip the Human Magnet perk. I'm bad enough at the game as it is, I don't need to get brained by angry floating bottles of whiskey. I'll just pick them up by hand.

e: so here's another use for lightsabers in case you're lacking any digging tools and need gold: all the gold contained in walls are flecks of gold powder! Stab a ceiling containing gold and it all just falls on your face. Its like you're some sort of weird mosquito that hungers for shiny metals.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 22, 2019

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Synthbuttrange posted:

that dynamite thrower in the mines looks too much like barney

Have you noticed the knife robot's sprite?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I really like how a chainsaw and vampirism lets you roleplay a slasher movie villain the hiisi base. They tried to get back at me at the jungle entrance but well...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Add More Blood to that and it becomes plain silly. Like, literal rivers of blood all over the place. I wish drinking the stuff was a bit faster, though.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Have you noticed the knife robot's sprite?

I knew that looked familiar somehow!

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I'm not quite sure what happened here, I shot one of the little octopus dudes with a spark bolt trigger/triple blade disc and somehow a nuke went off?

edit: img isn't working so link

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
:toot:

Two-shotted the boss with this:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Shyrka posted:

I'm not quite sure what happened here, I shot one of the little octopus dudes with a spark bolt trigger/triple blade disc and somehow a nuke went off?

It looks like the explosion originated off screen, so maybe a monster found a nuke wand and tried to fight some other monster?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Shyrka posted:

edit, also:

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

That's some solid detective work, thanks! Just threw me how it perfectly synchronised with me hitting that other octopus.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Tremis posted:

Picked it up this weekend and made loving death wand with oil/fire trails and spirit vapour clouds. Add that fire immunity and I'm standing in a raging inferno cloud.

Good work on this.

Edit: many enemies seem resistant to fire.

this is literally the most noita post and I love it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

No, no I did not (enable it). :doh: For some reason I keep expecting mods to just engage automatically by being in the right part of the filesystem.

Alright, so, this may well work, but it also changes a whole bunch of other stuff. I've noticed that gold drops all appear to be doubled, wands in the starting area are way more varied, and once when I teleported into the temple, instead of the landing area where the portal dumps you, it was just a wide open shaft leading straight down into the coal pits. The perk area was replaced by a similar wide open shaft.

Can I just delete everything from the mod except for temple_check_for_leaks.lua? I'm guessing that's the code that normally handles spawning the guardian, seeing as your version of it is an empty function.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Was having a pretty boring run until I got a 5 blackhole wand. Which was followed by a wand with double trigger magic bolt (the cheap version of the spell that does gently caress all damage), which I swiftly added quad chainsaws (with bifurcated mods) to.

It was going pretty well until I got to temple of the arts and gibbed myself through 100+ health and an extra life due to the shielded reflected orbs. :v:

Edit: It was a good thing I got that double trigger magic bolt because I accidentally picked up the concentrated spells perk just before, and let me tell you, it doesn't work very well when chainsaw is your main source of damage.

Falcorum fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 22, 2019

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Falcorum posted:

I accidentally picked up the concentrated spells perk just before, and let me tell you, it doesn't work very well when chainsaw is your main source of damage.

This is a feature and I will be so mad if they ever remove chainsaw jetpacks.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I wonder if you can do forward recoil with different spells slotted into the behind and ahead formation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah the recoilless chainsaw.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

resistentialism posted:

I wonder if you can do forward recoil with different spells slotted into the behind and ahead formation.

Nothing would be more Noita than the force splatting the...noita.

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
So, I jumped into the mines this time to find a patch of weird blue liquid floating over the pond.

I moused over it, expecting to find it was a shattered flask of some potion I'd forgotten the color of, only to find out that it was, in fact, alchemical precursor.

Turns out the seed recipe for it was... water, grass, and mud.

I might end up revisiting this seed sometime, because I, uh, sort of overhyped myself and ended up getting killed. Was great while it lasted, though!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Aisu posted:

So, I jumped into the mines this time to find a patch of weird blue liquid floating over the pond.

I moused over it, expecting to find it was a shattered flask of some potion I'd forgotten the color of, only to find out that it was, in fact, alchemical precursor.

Turns out the seed recipe for it was... water, grass, and mud.

I might end up revisiting this seed sometime, because I, uh, sort of overhyped myself and ended up getting killed. Was great while it lasted, though!
Share seed please.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The true use of a midas flask isn't getting fabulously wealthy, it's tunneling through the earth with your free supply of nonlethal food-safe but still fabulously destructive acid as it eats through every solid surface it touches.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Is anyone here familiar with the Ommel thing for some Noita mods. I peaked at the mod files and it seemed okay? It just pops up with a "oh no, you giving this mod to many computer privileges!"

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?

skaianDestiny posted:

Share seed please.

1564612829. Have fun!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The true use of a midas flask isn't getting fabulously wealthy, it's tunneling through the earth with your free supply of nonlethal food-safe but still fabulously destructive acid as it eats through every solid surface it touches.

Yeah, that's about what I was doing, I just kind of accidentally built up a bit of a train following me.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I have an extremely important mod idea for one of you

Change Gold Nuggets to Chicken Nuggets.

That’s the entire mod

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Add a Stone To Flesh spell a la nethack and make it turn gold nuggets into chicken nuggets

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I have an extremely important mod idea for one of you

Change Gold Nuggets to Chicken Nuggets.

That’s the entire mod

i'm on it

speaking of mods, finished a feature i've been working on for Noita+ , the holy mountain fast travel system:

Each of those portals leads to another holy mountain. They spawn in as you explore new holy mountains, as a means for you to travel between them. They'll be labeled and there will be a map in the background layer that shows you where you currently are. Someone on discord mentioned that a hub-style system would be a lot simpler to work with, so i'll probably move to that in the version after the next, but it serves as a proof on concept for now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Flesh to Stone is a spell that ought to be legitimately easy to mod in. There is already a Meat material, which actually makes me wonder what mobs are composed of before they die, because now I want to make a spell that is just literal flesh-melting acid. I already melted myself into blood once. Should be doable.

And man, speaking of, I would really love a mod that just mods in a map button in general. It's not that hard to navigate the game world, but when you need one, you really need one, even if it's not often.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Chicken nuggets mod update: making a good-lookin pixel nugget, also for flavor i made it so that each nugget gives you back 1hp.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Soooo... Can we talk about the enemies that blind you for a solid half minute? Why is something so relentlessly unfun in any game, let alone one that manages to make even most bullshit deaths kinda novel and entertaining like Noita?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The personal fireball dispenser modifier makes it so any enemy you hit begins spewing out fireballs in random directions.
Turns out, if you hit yourself with a buzzsaw modified by personal fireball dispenser mod, you become the personal fireball dispenser. Permanently.

Now I want to try doing this on a run that has explosive and fire immunity.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

nightwisher posted:

i'm on it

speaking of mods, finished a feature i've been working on for Noita+ , the holy mountain fast travel system:

Each of those portals leads to another holy mountain. They spawn in as you explore new holy mountains, as a means for you to travel between them. They'll be labeled and there will be a map in the background layer that shows you where you currently are. Someone on discord mentioned that a hub-style system would be a lot simpler to work with, so i'll probably move to that in the version after the next, but it serves as a proof on concept for now.
This is really good, and would become even better if there was one that led to the entrance at the start of the game as well.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
do you need a mod to specify a seed?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

nightwisher posted:

Chicken nuggets mod update: making a good-lookin pixel nugget, also for flavor i made it so that each nugget gives you back 1hp.

Astounding

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

This is really good, and would become even better if there was one that led to the entrance at the start of the game as well.

With my Noita+ mod there's not a lot of the regular overworld to explore aside from the fixed-spawn locations like pyramid, lake etc, and they're accessed through a different path than just boring walking across the surface. However, if you can (endgame spoilers) collect the salt from the final boss, and make your way through hell past the regular ending location, you'll find a final teleporter that returns you to the overworld so you can go do the other endings.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
As requested, chicken nuggets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srzza6d3ojbwehj/chicken_nuggets.rar?dl=0

Standard mod installation process, extract to mods folder inside noita directory, make sure to enable mod and do new game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Saw this in another thread

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

sebmojo posted:

Saw this in another thread

YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I mean, to be fair, no matter where that person fired the wand, it almost certainly would have killed them in much the same way. They were messing with powers beyond their comprehension :colbert:

edit: drat, the game applies a shader to gold nuggets that's ruining the look of them, trying to figure out how to remove it, also i should probably change the pickup text too

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS

but you're too dead to care