Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ikanreed posted:

He was a radical because he briefly entertained the idea of buying out slavery.

didn't Buchanan literally do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

zegermans posted:

Nixon was a rep, senator, 8 year VP, and presidential runner-up

and bush 41 was also a rep, chaired the rnc, 8 year vp, ambassador to the un, and ran the cia committing many many atrocities

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
but yeah nixon and hw bush: Most Qualified Presidents in Recent History

lol forever at hillary trying to claim that hallowed mantle

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Tulip posted:

didn't Buchanan literally do that?

I'm pretty sure there were attempts at that during the civil war for slave states that decided to stay in the Union. Worked about as well as one would expect.

FWIW Brazil's abolition of slavery was also done gradually and the final, formal abolition of slavery still ended up destroying the government

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

i prefer my president to commit their atrocities post-election tyvm

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

both served in wwii was well, the last time anyone should have been able to campaign on their military service in the united states until we go to war with fascist europe in 2033 at the start of AOC's second term

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Eat This Glob posted:

both served in wwii was well, the last time anyone should have been able to campaign on their military service in the united states until we go to war with fascist europe in 2033 at the start of AOC's second term

Who are we and fascist Europe going to be teaming up against?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

General Dog posted:

Who are we and fascist Europe going to be teaming up against?

中国

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Beto launching his presidential campaign with an Annie Leibovitz Vanity Fair cover.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Thump! posted:

i prefer my president to commit their atrocities post-election tyvm

I have good news then for the forever future

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jon Stewart lurked LF

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Supported by voters representing 2/3 of US GDP by district!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

cool dance moves posted:

I'm pretty sure there were attempts at that during the civil war for slave states that decided to stay in the Union. Worked about as well as one would expect.

FWIW Brazil's abolition of slavery was also done gradually and the final, formal abolition of slavery still ended up destroying the government

Perdo II is like the only good Emperor.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
The person second in line to becoming President on 9/11 was a serial child molester who was ultimately brought down because of financial surveillance under the PATRIOT Act, which he helped shepherd through the House.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

The person second in line to becoming President on 9/11 was a serial child molester who was ultimately brought down because of financial surveillance under the PATRIOT Act, which he helped shepherd through the House.

And by brought down you mean he got 6 months for structuring the hush payments. He was never charged with the core offenses.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Chuka Umana posted:

they should create a rule to stop this in the future and name it after that person

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

they should create a rule to stop this in the future and name it after that person

So just like RoboCop where they made robocop unable to arrest any of the executives of the company that made him

wait....

that's basically why Mueller didn't indict Trump

wow

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chuka Umana posted:

So just like RoboCop where they made robocop unable to arrest any of the executives of the company that made him

wait....

that's basically why Mueller didn't indict Trump

wow

I think the biggest reason is that Mueller didn’t have the power to indict people himself.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

e: first time I noticed the land line

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

taqueso posted:

e: first time I noticed the land line

she was horrified and grim at these terrible conditions

https://twitter.com/joshrobin/status/720988219421126656

Hillary vowed as president, she would fix the conditions these New Yorkers are living in — with higher spending, of course.

“I will do everything I can as your president to remember what needs to be done here in the city that I love, that is the greatest city in the world,” she said to residents after the tour.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Austria’s former finance minister Karl-Heinz Grasser tried to defend himself in court by coming up with the totally innocuous story of how his mother-in-law once gave him half a million euros in cash to „test his worth“ as an investor which he then personally carried from Switzerland to Vienna where he paid the money into his bank account - outside of opening hours of course, as you do

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the current danish minister of foreign affairs raped a girl in 2008

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
A PM (idk if its the same one they have now) of the Netherlands said that he hated dressing in blackface because it's so hard to wash the paint off.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Peanut President posted:

A PM (idk if its the same one they have now) of the Netherlands said that he hated dressing in blackface because it's so hard to wash the paint off.

that's because he needs to be using acrylics instead of greasepaint

sure it's less convincing, but come on you're not trying to pass in the first place. total rookie move smdh

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

the current danish minister of foreign affairs raped a girl in 2008

funny politics poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Flavius Aetass posted:

funny politics poo poo

i mean it is, in the sense of funny weird/hosed up rather than funny haha

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Krankenstyle posted:

i mean it is, in the sense of funny weird/hosed up rather than funny haha

personally I would prefer to stick to funny haha

Remember Jeb!'s debatin' boots and engraved gun

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
please clap

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Mitt Romney's binders full of women

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
what happened to that kony 2012 guy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Retarded Goatee posted:

what happened to that kony 2012 guy

he had a mental breakdown and was caught on video jacking off in the middle of the street

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
glad he turned his life around

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Retarded Goatee posted:

glad he turned his life around

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's because he needs to be using acrylics instead of greasepaint

sure it's less convincing, but come on you're not trying to pass in the first place. total rookie move smdh

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Well not "right" but you get what I mean

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Pantsuit Nation

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lmao who remembers #releasethememo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
when will bernie release hbis fucknin g tax refcords fcuk

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The USS Tang sunk 34 ships during WW2, the last one being the USS Tang, by firing a torpedo in a circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

when will bernie release hbis fucknin g tax refcords fcuk